The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 5)

Go down 
+8
kayanne
Sharabella
LadyNOLA
LegoJulie
Nay
Helena Camacho
sami_stardust
DonnaKat
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dani Blue
Random Babbler
Dani Blue

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2012-03-25

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 12:23 pm

Wow. And here I thought I was being friendly by contributing, and
being friendly.

Now I'm accused of drooling... Haven't yet, but if I do start, you'll be the first to know Nay, so you can hold my drool cup for me. Cool

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 5:35 pm

Accused? Interesting wording, Dani. I'm severely allergic to drool of any kind so don't get any high hopes about that bucket.

Julie, I didn't know if you Americanos knew what tic tacs were so I framed it by using the word lolly. Agree about the arms/hug thing. It's something he and I do and play with!

Hi to Dallas, DonnaKat, Helena, kayanne, LegoJulie, Sami and Scorpio.

BTW I'm passing the hat around for DK's birthday present. What do you all think of these suggestions?

Puppy or piglet?
Lieutenant Uhura costume?
Bottle of red?
A named star?

My personal choice is this one: http://www.theorymine.co.uk/

Random:

It's Easter Sunday here in Australia. Everywhere greedy little chidlers will be opening chocolate and sugaring up for the day. After some shopping at local markets, I'm off to a friend's place for roast chicken lunch and a romp outside with the boys.
Back to top Go down
Dani Blue
Random Babbler
Dani Blue

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2012-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Hey Nay,

You know I'm beginning to get the impression that you don't like me,
and for the life of me, I can't exactly think what I could've done to bring that on. If I haven't followed some sort of forum decorum, could you at least give me a clue?

I meant what I said about trying to join in and be friendly.

And as to my "interesting wording", I thought all opinions on The Butler were welcome here. I'm not some drooling ninny. I happen to like the man and his work. I'm not gaga over him. Don't see how that constitutes drooling. (Which I happen to dislike intensely as well.)

Feeling a bit ruffled. Confused
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:51 pm

Hi everybody! Very Happy

Just got back from seeing the play "Clyde and Bonnie: A Folk Tale." If you get the chance........GO SEE IT. Faboo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 11:03 pm

Just the title is intriguing, Sami. I spent the evening watching the BritComs. Love them!

I hope everyone has a happy and blessed Easter.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 11:04 pm

It is a comedic musical based on the Bonnie and Clyde story. BRILLIANT!

I love Britcoms. I record a couple every week. Getting ready to watch myself.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 7:06 pm

Good Easter Monday morning to Dani Blue, kayanne, Sami, scorpio and Sharabella. Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 166223

I hope Julie, Dallas and Donna haven't fallen undiscovered beneath a pile of chocolate Easter eggs somewhere!

Some randoms:

Did you know we go back to the Polls at the end of this month for Local Government elections? Each state in Australia is divided into divisional electorates at a ground roots level. Every four years, we vote for mayors and councillors to guide our city/town/region into the future. Do Americans have anything similar or do all roles and responsibilities go to your state level? For my division in my city, there is only one nominated councillor, the incumbent one. That doesn't really give us much of a choice. I think we're all ready here for a shake-up.

A friend and I are heading out for a seafood lunch today by the river. The weather has been glorious over these holidays so chatting and watching the boats while sipping on a sauvignon blanc won't be a hard ask.

Did you hear about the idiotic Australian fellow who disrupted the Oxford/Cambridge boat race yesterday? He was apparently protesting elitism. Dumbass.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Sorry, I've been out of town visiting family this weekend and just got home. I didn't take my laptop with me and was busy doing "stuff", so my internet access was limited at best.

By "stuff", I mean I planned on getting a kitten and going antiquing, and came home with a scented candle and this:

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 319846_10150672186938527_702443526_9339258_975076991_n

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 375013_10150673976513527_702443526_9349032_1384893615_n

Yes, I am the proud owner of a new Shih Tzu puppy. I named her Coco Pebbles. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 8:58 pm

DK, a puppy? You?

I LOVE HER.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:12 pm

She is just beautiful. I have a soft spot in my heart for her, coz she looks so much like the Shih Tzu I had for close to 17 years.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:12 pm

Nay wrote:
BTW I'm passing the hat around for DK's birthday present. What do you all think of these suggestions?

Puppy?
SNATCH!

Oh my Lord! Donna, she is tres cute. I am so glad you have a puppy and named her Coco. Hang ten though, until your cats sort the pecking order out. Small dogs tend to have big personalities.

I look forward to the hijinks.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:17 pm

Sharabella, I am a dog lover too! Laughing I used to have dogs, I only had cats when I moved out. But I do know she will be a handful, because they are far less independent than cats.

The breeder says she comes from a three time generation champion bloodline. I just think she's sweet. Mom and Dad have a 15 year old Shih Tzu and a Shih Tzu pup. I think I just want to compete.

Nay, right now she's sleeping on kitty's blanket. There might be a territorial war soon. Should I pop some popcorn? Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 646968
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:20 pm

mmmmmmmm. popcorn.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:35 pm

Random: my puppy is cuter than Gerry Butler.

Yes, I said it. I am in lurve with my pup.

I might change this website and make it in dedication to her.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:36 pm

I bet she'll get in trouble less, too. Razz
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:49 pm

Now that I'm not so sure about. The first thing she did when she entered my house was to piddle on the carpet. Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 415251
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:50 pm

ahhh. that's just an accident. or? marking her territory! Laughing
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:18 pm

DK, that's a cute mop. What a nice birthday present for yourself.

Dani Blue, Nay likes you. She likes to find something individual to chat to each person about. I think the drooling comment was to figure out if you occasionally find GB delicious, which some do (I don't). I like some of his work. I find his personal life objectionable. I also hate drooling, so I avoid dental work as much as possible.

Nay can sound a bit abrasive sometimes, but it's part of her charm (like rottweilers and pitbulls). I think it has to do with living her whole life upside down, like having Christmas in the Summer, and being crushed in the Southern Hemisphere by the Northern Hemisphere. I think their maps are upside down, too.

I know, I'm going to get my head bitten off. *offers chocolate bunny sans ears*
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:40 am

Spoiler:

Last edited by Nay on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:42 am

Let's see what I can drag out of my brains about governments.

There's the US federal government level. We elect the Pres, VP, Senators and Congressman. Federal judges are appointed.

Similarly at the state level, we generally elect the Governor, Lt. Gov., state Senators and state Congressman. Some states vote for state judges, other states apppoint them. Every state is different as to which posts are elected.

Then there are elected county/parish level officials, like sheriffs and judges and clerks.

And we have elected city or town officials, like mayors and councillors and police chiefs.

Some places have elected boards, like zoning boards, school boards, etc., at the county or city levels.

Around here we have hospital and school districts with elected board members.

Some years all the different levels have elections at the same time, and the ballots are long. Some years the elections are all over the place. I have woken up to some surprise hospital and school district elections I didn't know of til election day. Sometimes they sneak stay very quiet about election days so most people wouldn't know to go vote and only their cronies would vote for them. I hate that.

On a related note, I got called for Jury Duty again. I have to find non-t-shirt tops and non-shorts bottoms. Again. Dallas is probably laughing at me.

Nay, bite a dingo!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:58 am

Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven, God went missing for six days. Eventually, Michael the Archangel found him, resting on the seventh day. He inquired of God, "Where have you been?"

God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, "Look Michael, look what I've made." Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "What is it?"

"It's a planet," replied God, "and I've put LIFE on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a great place of balance".

"Balance?" inquired Michael, a tad confused.

God explained by pointing to different parts of Earth.

"For example, Northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth while Southern Europe is going to be poor. The Middle East over there will be a hot spot."

"Over there I've placed a continent of white people and over there is a continent of black people," God continued, pointing to different countries. "And over there in a long way away, I call this place America. The North will be rich, powerful and cold, while South America will be poor, hot and friendly. Then there's little spot in the middle which I call Central America and it'll be a hot spot. Can you see the balance?"

"Yes" said the Archangel, impressed by God's work. Then he pointed to a mid-sized land continent surrounded by water and asked, "What's that one?"

"Ah, you've found my jewel," said God. "That's Australia, the most glorious place on Earth. There are beautiful mountains, rainforests, rivers, streams and an exquisite coast line. The people are good looking, intelligent and humorous. They'll be extremely sociable, wise, hard-working and high-achieving, and they will be known throughout the world as diplomats, carriers of peace and detesters of injustice. I'm also going to give them super-human, undefeatable, strong-in-character citizens who will be admired and feared by all who come across them".

Michael gasped in deep wonder and awe but then exclaimed, "But my Lord, why do they have it all? Where is the BALANCE!"

God replied wisely. "Wait until you see the ugly, sheep loving, bloody Kiwis I'm putting next to them."
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:02 am

Jury duty?

Julie, someone up high is laughing at you. Try not to wear some shirt with a Star Trek or World of Warcraft slogon on it please.
Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 646968
Back to top Go down
Helena Camacho
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
Helena Camacho

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2011-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:52 am

Sorry ladies I have not been on... I had an accident on friday... My left hand got caught in a slidding door of a cargo van... And my fingers were bent in unnatural way... I went to the ER and got xrayed.. not broken but I did break the skin.. And the tetnus shot was from hell. I'm achy, fever and headache and the spot is a sore yin. My fingers Crying or Very sad are severally sprained.. And typing one handed is not fun...
Back to top Go down
http://www.thelegendsofsouthhaven.net
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:16 am

DK, I love your new baby! Between Nay's boys and your new one, you are making me want one.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:32 am

Yike, Helena! Take care of yourself. Glad that hand isn't broken at least!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 5)
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next