The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 4)

Go down 
+7
Nay
Sharabella
Dallas
greyeyegoddess
kayanne
andrea
DonnaKat
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
AuthorMessage
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 9:20 am

Nay wrote:
You southerners
Who you talking about, Aussie? You're below the Equator.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 2:57 pm

I'm definitely not a fan of the heat either. It was hot yesterday, but I was still determined to go for a walk around the lake. I walked for almost 1.5 hrs and enjoyed it, but I sure was covered in sweat for the last half of it. Yuck!

Speaking of movies (Harry Potter, etc.), the one I really want to see is the Brad Pitt/Sean Penn/Jessica Chastain one called The Tree of Life. I think it's been released in the U.S., but it must be a limited release because my area hasn't gotten it yet. Grrrrr....I hate when that happens. It looks like a breathtaking piece of work.

(As a side note, this Jessica Chastain must be a new up-and-comer. She's going to be in Coriolanus too. I remember seeing those red carpet pics of her with Gerry and the rest of the cast. What was it? Cannes fesival? Berlin festival? Don't remember. Anyway, I think Coriolanus was the first time I remember seeing her name.)
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 11:10 pm

***sigh***

I did it again. How can you dye your poor old gray hair with a color called light chocolate brown and end up with darkish auburn?

Oh well, maybe people will think I had a wild vacation.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 4:32 am

Face it. You ARE a wild woman, Shar.

Random:

It's all quiet on the western front .... except if you're a Murdoch.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:14 pm

ChocoVine Espresso wine.

It's wine, it's chocolate, and it has espresso.

Win win wine.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:16 am

DonnaKat wrote:
ChocoVine Espresso wine.

It's wine, it's chocolate, and it has espresso.

Win win wine.

It sounds good.

However, I'm sure the very thought of it is enough to make wine connoisseurs leap off the tops of tall wineries or slit their wrists with corkscrews. Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 122847
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 8:59 pm

And while they're doing that, I'll be drinking happily. drunken
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 4:06 am

Sorry DK, that sounds like a dessert to me, not an alcoholic drink. I'm a pure girl. Good wine, good scotch (or tequila) and good beer. Little else.

Random:

Does anyone watch 'Castle'? I am a late comer to this tv show but holy heck I am enjoying the witty exchanges. Nathan Fillian seems like a genuinely funny man.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 7:17 am

I've personally never watched Castle, but I know a lot of people love it. Maybe I can get it on Netflix or something.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 6:19 pm

It's worth a look, DK. Fantastic writing of quite entertaining characters keeps you going back for more.

Random:

We have a gloriously sunny sky here today with just a wee nip in the air. Winter is nearly half over, thank the Lord.

I have two lots of unexpected/unplanned visitors coming today so I have to attack some cleaning. Not my favourite job ...
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 6:48 pm

The temperatures have been over 100F here the past week or so. Even with A/C, it's taxing on the body.

Speaking of good programs, I just finished watching the first season of Downtown Abbey. It's a PBS Masterpiece Theater production, and they're planning on bringing it back for a second season. It takes place right after the sinking of the Titanic, and covers the lives of the members of a British estate...from the aristocracy to the servants. I highly recommend it.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/downtonabbey/index.html
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 4:08 am

Downtown Abbey has finished its first season on Australian tv. It was heavily promoted so I assume it was popular in the ratings. Most of British tv exported overseas is quality except for those Little Britain guys. I don't get them at all.

Random:

Why oh why, when I am in a hurry, does every slow driver find me? It is a cosmic conundrum.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 10:02 am

DK, I LOVE Castle. I'm sure that Netflix has at least the first season.

Nay, "Pure"? The chocowine sounded like dessert to me too. Nothing wrong with that, but I wonder how it would taste with a scoop of ice cream?

Random: It's still too hot to breath here. I run outside to feed the cats or to start the car and I'm dripping wet.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 7:26 pm

What a predictable ending. RIP Miss Winehouse. May heaven bring you rest.

Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Ya know, I don't think anyone was surprised, but it still broke my heart. So sad that people can't rise above addictions. It's not easy. Maybe now she'll find some peace.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 12:20 am

Take a look at these compilation of interviews and music and you will remember why Amy was so incredible - before the alcohol and drugs.
RIP Amy.

Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 12:20 am

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 4:46 am

I've been listening to Amy Winehouse again for the past few days.

Random:

This afternoon, on impulse, I stopped my car on a busy road after seeing an elderly man struggle with three bags of groceries and I asked him if he would like a lift home. It massaged my heart to help someone else without thought and I wasn't even concerned for my safety because my guard pup was with me.

Now that is something to which I may become addicted.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:07 am

You're a good girl Nay.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:17 am

You massage MY heart, Nay!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 4:11 pm

Thanks, Shar and Sami. I had watched this poor man struggle as I had passed around the traffic lights corner so when I saw him three blocks later I couldn't not stop. He chatted happily in the car and that made him seem a little lonely for conversation. Bud was keen to sniff out his groceries and I was able to do a small kindness for a stranger. He said he would remember me in his will - we didn't even exchange names.

I will do it again.

Random:

This gave me such a laugh yesterday. What well trained dogs.

Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 6:47 pm

That's funny!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:34 pm

First the ant problem, and now my cats have fleas. And I found more ants in my computer room. Mad
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 12:51 am

My sympathies. All I've found lately are spiders, quarter inch or smaller. Probably ate all the roaches and mosquitoes. Good.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 6:03 am

Random:

I'm on the 3rd Lisbeth Slander movie. Really not sure that Hollywood can top the originals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 4)
Page 39 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next