The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 3)

Go down 
+11
Geranimal
andrea
DonnaKat
sami_stardust
pamelajane
LadyNOLA
LegoJulie
kayanne
Dallas
greyeyegoddess
Nay
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:39 pm

Random:

The news is just full of terrible stories lately. RIP to the trekkers lost in Nepal's air crash.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:17 pm

Nay, it's bad in my part of the world.

I need you Gerard Butler. I need you to kiss some random person on the street or sing some bad karaoke. Please distract me with you hot messiness so I can forget about my stressful days.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 9:43 am

Granted I'm old-fashioned, but am I the only person in the world that thinks twitter is disturbing? Way too much personal information (and not all of it concerning the person doing the tweet ) being spread like a net over the world.

BTW----I also think that cell phones are the end of civilization as we know it. Wink
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 2:38 pm

Gossipping is no longer a bad thing. People no longer have respect for others or privacy. Everyone thinks he has a right to know about everything about everyone else. Dignity has been trampled. People have no filter and no moral.

Yes, it is the end of civilization, by definition.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 3:24 pm

So Sharabella and LJ are on an anti-technology, privacy seeking rampage?

Does that mean the end of all video games, LJ? Laughing
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 5:42 pm

I'm into privacy, respect, dignity, morality, and civility. I'm not anti-technology, I'm anti-jerks.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 8:48 pm

Me? No, not me.

Not anti-tech, just pro-respect. Respect for the people you are with, and the people you tweet, blog, facebook and text about.

Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:08 pm

I had a rare moment of self-pity today where I wished a tall, blond prince would come rescue me and take me to a beautiful castle far away.

I had about three minutes to daydream about it then I had to get back to reality. It was a great three minutes, though.

I hope everyone is doing great and will catch up soon.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:49 pm

Not a tall, blond prince for me...more like a Doctor in a Tardis.

For real, wouldn't that be great? Just leave everything and go time travel, and you could come back and nobody would even know you left. You could even come back before you left in the first place.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:50 pm

kayanne wrote:
I had a rare moment of self-pity today where I wished a tall, blond prince would come rescue me and take me to a beautiful castle far away.
My first thought was: I'd hate to have to clean a castle.

Read in Reader's Digest:
Prank BP tweet:
"Please do NOT take or clean any oil you find on the beach. It is the property of British Petroleum, and we WILL sue you."
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 7:05 pm

I'm thinking of starting a new forum for bacon.

No, not Kevin Bacon...just bacon.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:24 pm

I like mine thin and crispy.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:50 pm

***sigh****
Thin and crisp, thick and chewy, peppered, apple wood smoked, with other foods or by it's self, I love bacon. I just wish my doctor agreed.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:08 am

Donna--It does sound nice to have that getaway.

As for bacon, please have a section for turkey bacon, which is what I eat. I do miss pork but my waistline doesn't.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:08 pm

Bacon is bacon. I also like the store jar bacon bits with my baked potatoes. I love Canadian bacon, especially on an English muffin with egg, and cheese or Hollandaise sauce.

I no longer have a waistline. Haven't had one in decades. Don't miss it.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 11:36 pm

Random:

I have just ordered a bacon and rib fillet burger. Off to pick it up!
Na na nana nah! tongue
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 4:24 am

I had half a rack of baby back ribs for lunch the day before, and the other half for dinner last night.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:13 pm

So I took some of my favorite little people to get ice cream today which can be quite expensive. So every time they asked for something, I asked the young scooper how much it would be.

Eventually this sweet young guy just asked the littles what they wanted and told me not to worry about it--he had me "hooked up." The littles got what they wanted and I only spent $4 plus tax!

Then he brought me a treat to the table. And when we left he told me when he worked next!!!!

Okay, he couldn't have been more than 19 so I doubt he was flirting. And he couldn't have known if those were my kids or not. They don't get tips so I have no idea what was going on!
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:22 pm

Maybe he just wanted to do a nice thing, let the kids get what they wanted without the adult being concerned about the cost?

I think people are more sensitive to others and financial concerns due to the economy. Maybe he just wanted to do something nice when he saw that you were watching the cost.

If you don't think he was flirting, then maybe he let you know when he worked next so that you could let him hook you and the kids up again.

Whatever the reason, I think it was sweet - especially because kids were involved. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 8:31 pm

Aww K, what a cutie.

Regardless of age or financial standing, a random act of kindness is never too much. However, I wouldn't be so quick to discount the flirting scenario. Laughing

Random:

Revisited my love for the Fanning fellow yesterday on the drive home. He has a voice I could listen to all day.

Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 10:38 pm

Nay, may I share your love? I love his voice, too. I looked him up and downloaded some of his songs. What a guy!

Quote :
Maybe he just wanted to do something nice when he saw that you were watching the cost.

Very keen observation. I opened up my big mouth and told the littles they could have WHATEVER they wanted. Then I saw the prices of what they wanted and realized I might need a second job to pay for it! But it worked out thanks to my new friend.

I am very popular among little people because not only do I buy them ice cream but I act more like one of them than a big person.

I am not popular with their parents because I usually send them home hyped up on sugar and dancing to some old school music. I am the reason why some 7-year-olds in the South know the words"boogie," "disco," "Le Freak" and how to do the Electric Slide.

Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm

I am experiencing my first taste of Texas. Wow, they grow them tall here! I think I am going to have a fun few days!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:33 pm

oh good for you, you need some fun.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:58 pm

kayanne wrote:
I am experiencing my first taste of Texas. Wow, they grow them tall here! I think I am going to have a fun few days!

I know some short Texans. Wink

'Course the cowboy boots help. Cool

Have fun!!!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:54 pm

Molds ate my boots.

Considering how big Texas is, there's no way I'm gonna run into kayanne.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 34 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 3)
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next