The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 5)

Go down 
+8
kayanne
Sharabella
LadyNOLA
LegoJulie
Nay
Helena Camacho
sami_stardust
DonnaKat
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 4:46 am

Sharabella wrote:
Then forget about it. A Sugar-less Daddy would be no fun at all.
Shit yeah.

Random:

Did the Venus webcast watching today with class. Twas like watching paint dry ... slow as a wet week. Fair enough I understand the once in my lifetime but I thought Venus would be a spicy little minx (by name association only) and move along a tad quicker.

Nope.

Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 2:50 pm

Eclipses are that slow, too. You need to show them meteor showers. Or some space vehicles.

I've seen a partial solar eclipse in midday once using a pinhole-in-paper projection. Another time didn't see the sun but the sky got "heavy-cloud" dark with a cloudless sky. Pretty neat. Saw the Space Shuttle shuttle across the sky in daytime. Also saw a Titan rocket being launched straight ahead while driving on the highway.

Cool stuff do happen.

Next solar eclipse will be on November 14, 2012, at 8:11am Queensland, Australia time. Total eclipse near Cairns for about 2 minutes. Should be a pretty spectacular partial (almost total) eclipse in Brisbane. That is if a monsoon isn't pelting you at that exact time. The thick clouds would actually be a good shield so you could try to see the solar eclipse without equipment (probably really bad for your eyes), which my husband had done once.

Solar eclipse party at Nay's house. Bring your own hurricane/monsoon survival supplies.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:35 pm

And Nay's paying all of our airfare, too! Happy

Random: I'm filling out a pre-approval form to see how much of a house loan I can get, and tomorrow the property management is going to come out to look at my current house and assess whether or not it can stay on the lot if I sell it.

Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts, everyone! Keeping fingers crossed.....
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 5:39 am

Eclipse in November ... now in diary. Thanks.

No cyclones at that time of the year, folks. Although, the state of Victoria had something yesterday that resembled one. Scary, dangerous and abnormal.

*Ah hum*Company policy dictates that all air fares are the guest's responsibility. The hotel supplies alcohol, food, clean bed and cuddles from warm canine bodies.

Best of luck and blessings with your application, DK.

Random:

Long weekend again this weekend - Queen's Jubilee. See what you're missing by being a breakaway, tea hating republic?
Laughing
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 12:55 pm

My research says Aussie rainy season can start as soon as in September depending on Asian weather. Also says monsoon season starts in November. That means good possibility of clouds.

Looking up airfare. Hmmm...Air New Zealand and Qantas economy roundtrip Dallas to Brisbane is around $2,100. Qantas premium economy is around $5,600.
Back to top Go down
Helena Camacho
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
Helena Camacho

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2011-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 10:18 am

Today is my book signing!!!!!! From 1 to 3.... I am so excited!!! I am so pumped....

Back to top Go down
http://www.thelegendsofsouthhaven.net
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 10:49 am

Wheee!!!!! Have fun, Helena. Hope it goes well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Helena Camacho
Helena Camacho

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 8:35 pm

I Had fun today... My daughter joined me and it was an exciting adventure for her. I sold only 6 books out of 15. 9 more to go... On the 22nd I will be in Stillwater,OK...
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 2:06 pm

Congratulations, Helena! This must be a really exciting time for you. Proud

I spent 15 hours working outside yesterday, and will probably spend most of the day today finishing up what I didn't get completed. The house looks great, though! Thank God for my parents, brother and his wife who came to help because I could never get all of this done on my own. I just finished painting my shed, and all that's left to do outside (at least that I know of) is to touch stain my front and back deck. Then it's indoors to do some minor things ....cleanup, mostly. That and schedule a pickup for some stuff I don't want.

Random: My hand has a big blister on it.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 11:34 pm

Julie, are you afraid of clouds? Laughing

Good luck, Helena.

That's some hard work happening in your neck of the woods, DK. I know I couldn't have purchased my house, cleaned my rental, moved and unpacked again without family help. It's incredibly time consuming and draining. Yet at the same time, it is exhilarating.

Random:

Public holiday here today - Queen E2nd. The sun finally peeked out for a couple of hours.

Yesterday I had the longest lunch I can recall in recent times - 3 hours. Fish and chips, several glasses of wine, dessert and due to the cold wet weather, a hot chocolate. Needless to say, I was as full as a tick when I got home.

MGP is out on dvd in the stores but I haven't watched it. Not sure if due to lack of interest in GB's acting style or a tendency away from serious story lines at the moment.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 12:51 am

Clouds? I want clouds. And rain. I already lost 2 large oak trees, don't want to lose more.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 5:07 pm

How big and old were those trees, Julie? When did you last get decent rain in your part of Texas? Weather forecast here this morning says a gloriously sunny 24% celsius day ahead. Alle-bloody-luia!

Random:

Tomorrow, we will have our winter athletics carnival. Lots of screaming cheering, lost hats, rubbish, happy children and exhausted teachers.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 10:16 pm

The oaks were like 200 years old, 2 feet diameter (across, not around). About 3 years without good rain. Been under a burning ban forever.

Boo on sunny days. Need water!

I went to my kid's school field day twice. Never again.
Back to top Go down
Helena Camacho
Helena Camacho

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:42 am

Hiya Julie...Let me do the indian dance... May be it'll rain... Or snoopy dance... Something... Thank you Sami and Nay... It was a unforgetable experience.. I look fat in picture... Sad
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:27 am

We finally got some rain yesterday, but now that's gone and there's no more rain in sight this week.

I think I'm finally finished with my house (knock on wood). I had to call in a sick day yesterday because I was so tired I could barely move and was nauseous. Having a mild sunburn probably didn't help either. But it's back to work today. I still don't feel well but I'm going to have to rough it.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:53 am

Thanks, Helena. Sounds like you and daughter had fun. Good luck on your next signing, too.

DK, drink some water. My in-laws came by Sunday to pick up washer and dryer they stashed here from a rental house they finally sold. It was hot and sunny, my father-in-law took a tumble. Scratched up elbow and knee. I got overheated being outside with them and patching him up. Probably didn't help that it was almost mid-afternoon and I hadn't had breakfast yet.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:36 pm

Sigh-----

I am so unworthy to be among such a DIY and keep going strong sisterhood. I did it myself, and I'm a basket case.

I am on vacation this week.

I told myself "It's only a little bathroom floor. The instructions say that this is a snap to put down. Even a fat old broad like me can do it in a couple of hours." WRONG.

It took me large hunks of two days to lay a somewhat imperfect 6 by 5 wood- look floor. I drew first blood just getting the pieces out of the box. ( I should have known to stop and run away right there -even the box knew that I was unworthy) May the ^%%#%^&^^ person who wrote that one simply scored the 1/5 inch planks with a utility knife and snapped to fit, be boiled in their own glue pot.

There I was, in my underwear, sweating like a pig (not a pretty sight) with scraps of gluey vinyl stuck in my hair and a plank stuck to my foot--- with all but the last two planks stuck down----the cat decides to come in and pee on the floor. Everyone's a critic.

Anyway, I still have a couple of things to do in there (I'm hoping that a little wood putty will cover a lot of sins) but as far as I concerned--it's over. And I promise to never, ever do it again. Let's face it, I'm not master-builder Nay or keep it sparkling DK or even willing to be outside Julie. I'm just a poor old fat woman who is sore all over and wants to lay down in front of the TV with a tall, cool drink.

Oh yeah---- before

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 2012-06-10_123859-1
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:21 pm

And after

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 2012-06-11_164225
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:00 pm

It looks great! You wanna come do mine now? I hate having carpeting in the bathroom. Wink

Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:09 am

Bella, that looks pro, like it's always been there. And you had to go around the toilet and the vent. Very nice!

There was carpeting in my half-bath when we moved in. When we had a sink leak, it got soaked, so we pulled it out. Surprise, there is decent linoleum under it. The carpet wasn't tacked down, just laid on top. We were expecting foundation concrete. That's one good surprise.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to put wall-to-wall carpeting in the bathroom needs to be tarred-and-feathered, drawn-and-quartered, and have their wounds salted. Same with wall-to-wall carpeting in the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 3:58 am

Wow, what busy beavers you have all been.

Firstly, congratulations on getting it all done, Donna. I hope it all pays off with mucha mulla$$.

Julie, no breakfast? Gees Louise, eat something. Absolutely agree with you about the idea of carpet in wet areas. Can you imagine the spillage in the toilet zone?

Shar, hell's bells you make me laugh! Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 646968 An underwear garbed do-it-yourselfer is a better visual than a plumber's crack, let me tell you. If you don't know what that is, then picture a man with a big belly and no rear end, bending over to look at something and revealing his hairy breakfast to all and sundry. You have done a superb job and should be so very proud. There is NO way I would undertake that especially after friends did their holiday cottage last year and told me all the horror stories. A looooooong cool drink is the least of your treats ... How about doing a 'Risky Business' slide on the new floor?

Random:

Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 6:37 am

Quote :
Can you imagine the spillage in the toilet zone?

I'm just glad it's in my bathroom and not the guest bathroom. I know what goes on in my own bathroom, usually. Except when the puppy goes in there. She loves to sleep in my bathroom.

I'm still waiting for the loan lady to call me, as well as the property management. Hurry up and wait, and I'm anxious to know one way or another.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:46 pm

I was pre-approved for a loan this afternoon, at quite a bit more than I had imagined I would be. Not that I want to go that high on a house, but it definitely broadens my options. Smile

Now for the next hurdle....selling my house.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:39 pm

You go girl!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:35 am

Very cool, DK! Getting loan is a big step.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 5)
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next