The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 4)

Go down 
+7
Nay
Sharabella
Dallas
greyeyegoddess
kayanne
andrea
DonnaKat
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 7:52 pm

Ughh, Donna. That really is a miserable thing to have to endure, isn't it? Sounds like a cold more than allergies to me. I hope you feel better soon!

Nay, Adele (is it?) really does have a nice sound to her voice.

Julie, I'm a gleek. I just love Glee. Big musical fan, so it's right up my alley. But I enjoy the soap opera-y drama in it too, what can I say.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 5:01 am

DK, cuddle up with some Vicks. It'll do wonders. Get better soon.

Random:

I'm growing muscles where they weren't before. bounce

Where's my dahling PJ?
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 5:08 pm

Congrats on the muscles, Nay! Hard work pays off. cheers

And yes, where is PJ?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 4:40 pm

HELP! I need some advice. There is a chance I can buy another male beagle (2 yrs old) very soon. I am quite tempted as it would be good daytime companionship for Bud.

What are your thoughts? Am I insane? Would it double trouble?
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:25 pm

isn't double trouble always worth it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:17 pm

Hmmmm. I think it's a good idea for companionship for Buddy - IF they are introduced and their personalities mesh.

However, you need to be prepared for the expense - increase in dog food, vet bills etc - including the expense that may come with a new dog that isn't expected. For example, is he house trained and does he chew things. Those two could get into trouble together and occassionally tear up things etc.

Can you walk two dogs at once? I can just envision them pulling you down the street.........hahahaha.

Have you thought of getting a cat? Different species also make good company for each other (we always had a dog and a cat when I was growing up), and they don't tend to tear up things or have the "pack mentality" (including eating more because there is another dog around).
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:51 pm

Nay wrote:
I am quite tempted as it would be good daytime companionship for Bud.
What are you going to do with the extra dog when you're home to enjoy Buddy? Lock it up? Turn it off? Tie it up outside?

Will one of them be dominant over the other? I've only had cats, and they have a pecking order.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 4:38 am

Thanks for the comments, ladies.

One major and ongoing concern I have had with Bud is the long days he spends alone (often 7am-4/5pm). Not that I think he would be destructive or escape (as beagles can do) because my house is puppy-proofed and the fence is cyclone proof. But it is more a concern that he may be lonely and would really benefit from the stimulation and comfort of another dog, not a human. When he is with his close female beagle friend around the corner, they get on like a house on fire. They even have play dates of several hours in length every weekend. It is his main source of canine company.

That all said, I am also very aware of what I may lose by having another pooch around. Not just financially, Dallas, but emotionally. Bud and I have a very strong connection as the boss/the pup. He is very affectionate with me and very loyal to me. A new dog, slightly older, may wish to be head of the pack. I could not physically walk two dogs at the same time is they are as strong as Bud. My ass would be scraping on the footpath! Laughing

PS: I have just replied to the owner's email and asked for us to talk over the weekend. I'll think on it all again for the next few days.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:47 am

Random:
We have a US nuclear submarine here in Brisbane. There'd better be no leaks!
Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Nono4
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:08 am

Give it back.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:24 pm

Gladly, Julie.

Random:

My three year old nephew is a talker. So much so that two weeks ago, his mother told him, in exasperation, that he was driving her up the wall. His quick retort: "I can't, Mummy. I'm not eighteen yet". Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 646968
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 8:51 pm

I gotta pee.

Edited to Add: That's better.

Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 9:47 am

Do kids actually twit that to each other?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 1:12 pm

They probably do!

Random: Warm weather brings growing things, and moles and bugs. And lots and lots of yardwork. I just finished mowing and almost stepped into a large mole hole.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 4:59 pm

Thank you God for not giving us moles. Instead, we call a 'loose' woman a mole.

rAnDoM:

iT iS rAiNinG fOr tHe 4th moNtH in A ROW!
Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Swearing
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 5:36 pm

At least the part-time warm weather brings wild violets. This is a corner of my back yard. Every corner looks like this.

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 DSCN0071

Random:

The warm/cold/warm/cold weather has given me the "crud" yet again. I hate my sinuses.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 5:54 pm

I was feeling really good about getting outside for 4-5 hours, getting fresh air and getting some much needed yardwork done....until I saw the water damage on the side of my house. Now I'm just depressed. Sad
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 2:52 am

Nay wrote:
iT iS rAiNinG fOr tHe 4th moNtH in A ROW! Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Swearing
That's where our rain went.

Hope everyone in the US midwest and tornado alley is safe. Tornadoes have been tearing apart a lot of places the last few days.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 5:14 am

Sharabella, that looks so sweet - a little purple carpet.

Julie, it finally stopped raining last night. Alleluia!

DK, do you still want me to come do your garden? My list of requirements is quite long, unfortunately. Laughing

My front half-garden is very close to completion. Bearing in mind they are all in infant stage, here are some of the plants contained within: (1) white hydrangea, (6) french lavendar, (2) dwarf red hibisucus, (2) rosemary, (2) curry plants, (30+) red salvia, (10) japanese blood grass, (6) variegated miscanthus grass, (6) dwarf mondo grass, and some more I am probably forgetting.

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Cuphea

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Curry_plant

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Frenchlavender

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Japanesebloodgrass

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Mondograss

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Salvia-Vista-red

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Rosemary-herb

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Variegatedmiscanthus

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 White-hydrangea-erika-love
I've also added in - for quick colour - some multi-coloured gazania (6) and celosia (24).

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Gazania_chansonette_050915

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Celosia

Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:20 am

How beautiful!!! What a lovely mix of plants--------

and I bet it smells as wonderful as it looks.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:20 pm

Lovely, Nay! Smile

This is what just fell in my yard:

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 X2_59ab5ba
Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 X2_59ab6a6
Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 X2_59ab788

I may or may not be able to keep my electricity. I already lost it this morning, and it's storming like crazy here now. Already two confirmed tornadoes in the area.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:12 pm

Those are some hails, DK! I wish you safety.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:29 pm

Bloody hell, Donna. Stay warm and safe. Cuddle the cats.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:36 pm

Thanks, it's pretty scary. I live in tornado alley, but you never fully get used to it. Now downtown St Louis is under a tornado warning, and they're trying to play baseball. All those people in the stadium, I hope nothing bad hits there.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 9:10 pm

hail is scary! take care, DK!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 4)
Page 27 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35 ... 43  Next