The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2

Go down 
+8
Sharabella
LegoJulie
Dallas
sami_stardust
DonnaKat
greyeyegoddess
Nay
kayanne
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
AuthorMessage
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:18 pm

LegoJulie wrote:
Mandatory family gatherings are overrated. I'd rather see my family one at a time. They're lethal individually already.

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 381961

Donna, that Santa video was so wrong, but funny! I hope you feel better soon. I started a cold on Christmas Eve myself that's on its way out. Being sick around the holidays just isn't fair. At least you have off work. Like Sami mentioned, working while sick wouldn't be a picnic either.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:35 pm

Thing is, if I were sick while working, I'd have called in a sick day or two. Razz Oh well....

I hope everyone is feeling well and/or better. I feel better today, if not a bit worn down. Tried to change my headlight this afternoon, got it halfway replaced. I miss the good old days when it didn't take 2 days and a complex yoga maneuver to replace a burnt out car headlight. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 9:14 pm

Hope everyone gets well. I've got leaky sinuses, not quite a full blown cold. Thank God!

Gee, changing a car headlight. Last time I changed one was in the late 80's. Took 4 screws for the cover, I think 4 for the light unit, and a few minutes to align the beam. Used regular Philips. Don't even want to look at the headlights now. Probably need some weird screw.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 6:41 pm

This is one of those times when I am glad that germs can't be passed through the internet. Get well soon, ladies.

I am in need of your opinion on a fairly important issue for me ... If you were able to, would you give the benefit of a home to a young puppy (and all that it entails) or a senior dog (in their twilight years)?

Through monitoring the RSPCA (Royal Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), I have found an older beagle/foxhound named Charles. He is nearly 9 years old and has been surrendered by his elderly owners. He is available now with seemingly no health issues. However, there is also the chance of an 8 month old male beagle whose owners don't like the fact that he razzes their cats. Good dog, I say!

Which way would you go?
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 12:24 am

I wouldn't give a dog a bone. Not my prefered species.

However, if I could stand dogs in my house, and already have a young beagle, either of those sound good. But to choose one or the other is tough.

Beagles live around 12-15 years and foxhounds around 10-12. The older mix Charles may be around for probably 1-4 years. You'd be giving him a good home for his last years. Having a young dog around should help him live longer and healthier, too.

Then again, do you want a dog that will die in the next 5 years? Would be pretty sad for you and Buddy.

How do you feel about having 3 dogs? When Charles dies Buddy and new pup will still have each other.

If the pup razzes cats, he may razz Buddy and you. Could be a bully or very needy. I don't care for bullies or overly needies. You said there's a chance of owners giving him up, but that means there's a chance they won't.

I would prefer the older dog. They're usually calmer, and should be well trained by now.

Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 10:38 am

I echo the sentiments of Julie. Right now I have two senior cats in my household, and I know the day is coming that both of them will pass on, probably around the same time. I have thought about the same thing but with adopting a fully grown cat vs. a kitten. I'm not sure what to do right now, either. Maybe you could adopt both, as Julie says.

The two strays still come around, but about a week ago one of them hurt it's front paw, and is now walking on three legs. That's the problem with getting too attached to something you can't have. I know a worse fate probably awaits both of them if I can't catch them and get them to animal control soon. Even then, the Humane Society told me they'd probably put down the injured one. So do I let the thing stay out on it's own with the possibility the leg will heal, or do I try to catch it and send it to what would probably mean certain death? It's a tough decision.

Isn't it almost 2012 in Australia? You know how they're always trying to run ahead of the rest of the world....

Happy New Year everyone!
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 11:43 am

Yep! Happy New Year! Perving
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 9:54 pm

LegoJulie wrote:
But to choose one or the other is tough.

The older mix Charles may be around for probably 1-4 years. You'd be giving him a good home for his last years. Having a young dog around should help him live longer and healthier, too.

Then again, do you want a dog that will die in the next 5 years? Would be pretty sad for you and Buddy.

If the pup razzes cats, he may razz Buddy and you.

I would prefer the older dog. They're usually calmer, and should be well trained by now.
Thanks for answering, Julie. It is a tough decision, much more so than getting Bud in the first place. Do I introduce another dog to interrupt our little lovefest? Or is it the company he needs in another dog? A close friend thinks that introducing an older dog would be harder for Bud as he could become jealous. Yet, introducing a puppy would put him in the senior role. The puppy for sale may actually go to another family who contacted the owner before me. So that decision may be made independent of me. However, Charles (the senior dog) does need a rest home for his remaining years. I feel some self-imposed pressure to do that in an odd way.

DK, our local council laws state that residential homes can only have a maximum of two domestic pets so having both the pup and the senior dog is NOT an option. If that little cat has hurt it paw, it may be simply fixed by a vet, not necessarily a death situation. I'd try to catch it.

I really need to stop looking at dog and dog rescue websites! That might have to be my New Year's resolution.

cheers HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! cheers

I am preparing a lunch of lamb roast with vegetables and gravy for friends at the moment. Red wine with the meal and cheesecake for dessert.

Then I won't need to eat for another two weeks, I thinks ...
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 10:07 pm

Yep, we have the same ordinance, but I don't think many people follow it. I actually have three if you count the bird....

I made a nice dinner of roast duck with potatoes, brussel sprouts and salad. I'm trying my best to make sure this bottle of Pinor Noir makes it until midnight, so I have something to toast. Heck, I might fall asleep before then. I have four more hours until midnight.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 11:05 pm

Happy New Year, one and all!

Nay, dogs are pack animals. They love company. If you bring in another dog, you'd probably want to spend alone time with each so they both feel special. Old Charles may teach Bud a few things.

DK, I don't know what I'd do in your shoes, knowing Animal Control will put down injured animals. Probably keep putting out food and water, maybe an old towel or blanket in a corner.

Looking at rescue sites is really bad if you have a thing for animals and hard luck cases.

Cheers! The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 514922
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 1:05 am

Me, I would probably be trying the catch the kitten and bring him in to treat him, and end up keeping him. (What can I say, I'm such a softy)
But don't listen to me. I'm feeding a growing feline family that has taken over my porch furniture. Luckily, no rules against pets around here.

Oh, by the way. It's almost midnight so

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FRIENDS!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:49 am

Time to blow the cobwebs off this thread.

Yesterday, friends came over to view my garden/s and to share a couple of bottles of red. We got to talking as we always do and a particular topic came up. They had just been to view a new house on the real estate market and yet they admitted to be quite happy where they are currently living on acreage.

My question is this: Do you see your current home as your permanent place of residence or do you wish to move at some stage?

I believe that this will be my one and only home. As a transient person, I have moved too much throughout my career. Therefore, when I bought this little house, it became my home ... the home I had been looking for.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:56 pm

That would depend on the reason for the move. If I won the lottery, would I want to move to a bigger, newer house? Yes, I would. Would I sell my home and move down the street just because I think I might like it better? No I wouldn't. This is my home.

I think looking at new houses is like window shopping. It's a game of wishful thinking and what if. The new styles may not be for you, but don't they look pretty?

Last edited by Sharabella on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:05 pm

Plus you get ideas for decorations and improvements, and what new products are available that you may not have known about. They always have immaculate landscapings and furniture placements.

I'd like to move back into a gated/guarded community of some sort. Don't know if it'll be house, townhouse, or condo/apartment. I'd like to be back in an area that has life 24 hours a day. I miss where I lived before I moved here.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:42 pm

Well, as someone in transition right now, yes I'll move. My dad keeps a condo in the city for when he's in town (he's not living here now), so I've been staying here until I can get a place of my own. Now that I've finally found work, it will just be a matter of time until I can start getting paychecks and eventually start working full-time. Once that happens and I know what my budget is, then I will definitely get my own place. Hopefully, I can find a nice apartment that I can be set in until I have a family of my own, then I would love to move into a house.

I can relate to the whole transient thing, Nay. During both my childhood and adulthood I've moved around a lot. I wouldn't change it because it's taught me to appreciate other states' people and cultures. Yet, it does leave me feeling "rootless". I really am tired of "state-hopping", as I like to call it. I hope New Orleans is the place that I can finally call home. It seems fitting since I was born here. Like everything comes full circle.

Now having said all this, if I meet the love of my life, and he has a job that forces us to move around, then I'd have to reconsider. Ideally, when you meet "The One", location is less of what defines home for you than the person is. Hopefully, as long as you are together, then you're "home". But I don't know, I guess it would depend on the situation. You never know how these things will pan out until the situation is actually in front of you.

Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:28 pm

I have no immediate plans of moving. My main goal in life is to get out of debt and enjoy my remaining years traveling and doing what I want to do without being enslaved to an employer who knows I "need" to work 50-60 hours/week to survive. Not that I don't want to work...but I want to work to live, not live to work. And do the work I want to do, and when I want to do it.

Of course, nothing in life is ever set in stone.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:44 am

Happy Birthday Peege and Sami, and a happy belated birthday to PJ!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Happy The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 925981 Sleepy The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 514922 The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 948224
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:59 am

Thanks DK! I love you
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:39 pm

Sami! Amanda!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Here is how I picture us ... DK is getting the bottle to refill our glasses.

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Oldgirls-2
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:20 pm

Thanks Nay! Fill 'er up..................
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 12:17 am

Oh, so I'm the waiter for y'all? At least I'm not the one with the saggy boobies.... Perving
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:55 pm

Sag? No sag here. Now, get me some wine! drunken

Off the cuff here ... What do you think is one of the most memorable lines from modern day movies? Which line takes you instantly back to the movie?

For me: My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:44 pm

oh my. now i have to go dig out my copy of "the princess bride." love, love, love.

Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:14 am

Oh my! You want me to tell the world that I'm in my second childhood?

Well OK-------

"I'm not a big fat panda. I'm THE big fat panda."
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:45 am

Nay wrote:
For me: My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
That's one for me, too. Another:

They mostly come at night...mostly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2
Page 29 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next