The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2

Go down 
+8
Sharabella
LegoJulie
Dallas
sami_stardust
DonnaKat
greyeyegoddess
Nay
kayanne
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:29 am

My friend was a temporary worker who had been there almost a year. When they called her in she thought it was to offer her a job, but instead it was to let her go. But we all know it was retaliation, because her co-worker has been harassing her. It got so bad the VP of my department overheard her and asked my friend if she wanted her to go to my friend's boss. My boss's heart was in the right place...but hers was not.

And to top it off, when you're a temp you technically do not work for the company but the temp office, so it wasn't even their place to call her in like that.

This co-worker of hers is a real piece of work. We've all had trouble with her, even the management.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Why is the co-worker still working there?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:28 pm

So your company lets a good part-time worker go under a bad cloud and sends the message to the shithead that she can treat people this way and everything will be hunky-dory?

Where are their brains, common decency and HR practices?
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:38 am

DK, I totally understand why you're frustrated at work.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:38 am

LegoJulie wrote:
Why is the co-worker still working there?

That's the question on the minds of a bunch of people at work, including supervisors of other departments.

Nay wrote:
So your company lets a good part-time worker go under a bad cloud and sends the message to the shithead that she can treat people this way and everything will be hunky-dory?

Pretty much so, yes. Rolling Eyes And she was full time, was there almost a year.

Nay wrote:
Where are their brains, common decency and HR practices?

We're a small company so we don't have an HR department. We definitely need one (if it would do any good).

The whole "anti-descrimination" thing workplaces have is a joke anyway. If they want to get rid of you, they will find a reason to do so. There is no loyalty when it comes to business anymore. They want you to be loyal to them, but the door doesn't swing both ways.

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:31 pm

Food for thought and action.

Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 1:14 pm

Wow, that's powerful. Thanks for sharing.

Happy St Patricks Day! I'm celebrating in true Irish-American style. I have a corned beef brisket roasting in the oven, accompanied by potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic. To tide me over until the meat is done, I just consumed a lunch of Irish fried cabbage and bacon, washed down with a Smithwick's Irish Ale.

The only thing missing is green, so I now need to get myself cleaned up and dressed.

Oh, and I'm watching a marathon of Leprechaun movies on the Sci Fi channel.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 7:37 pm

My work continues. A new batch of kiddies introduced to this rollicking band ... desk banging and words screamed.

Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 2:34 am

Does this band ever not yell?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 4:33 am

Yeah, they can do quiet ballad ..... for a little while. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 12:32 pm

Just another question. Anyone here watch "Lost Girl"?

I got three words for you--------Kris Holden-Reid ( or Ried ). (And I'm not even sure why )
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 4:20 pm

You made me look him up, Shar. Has a little look of Chris Martin about him but rather interesting despite that.

Yesterday was another wet day here. Overcast and cool enough in the morning to do several hours of yardwork/gardening and then around mid-morning the rain set in. So I threw the boys into the car and went for a drive. Speaking of which - Has anyone seen the Ryan Gosling movie "Drive"? Honestly, he played the oddest lead character I have enjoyed in a while - so still and quiet and violent, like a unleashed storm. Yet, it is NOT a movie I would recommend watching.

By this time next weekend, we shall have a new state government. I wonder if they can 'drive' us into a better age.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:28 am

My morning thus far has consisted of copious amounts of puppy time, a three egg omelet with cheese, bacon and tomatoes, and (now) a delicious cup of coffee.

Puppy is napping now, which means I can spend time with my cats and my television. What to do today? Shopping? Yardwork? Movies? A nap? Clean house? Jazzercise? Air guitar?

Anything, as long as I don't have to work.

I love being on vacation. sunny
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:38 am

Vacations rock. Enjoy every minute of yours, DK! flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 1:28 pm

Shopping sounds good. Don't you have a lonely XBox?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 4:08 pm

So far 90% of my time has been keeping the puppy occupied/watching the puppy/taking the puppy out to pee and/or poop, etc. The rest of the time I'm trying to watch TV and clean house. Puppy is helping me do laundry by dragging my clean socks and washcloths back into the living room. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 4:26 pm

She's assisting you, Donna. Don't knock it!

At least she hasn't progressed to bra stealing.
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 4:42 pm

That's next.

So, DK, which is better? Buying and cleaning out kitty litter, or taking pup out to poop and pee?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:46 pm

I haven't decided yet. I can't wait until the puppy can hold it for more than 30 minutes at a time. That and I think she takes to whining by the door simply because she wants to go outside and eat dandelions.

Work has already called me a few times today. Seriously, can't a person take a vacation without being "needed" for something? They should be thankful I'm too poor to actually go anywhere.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 2:45 pm

So far I've mowed and trimmed the yard (while Coco watched from her puppy pen situated on the shaded part of my front deck), put together a barbeque pit (while Coco layed in the shade under the tree watching), cleaned two bathrooms (kept Coco out while I did this), as well as spent copious amounts of one on one quality puppy time with Coco.

Now if only she'd take a nap so I can take a bath. I feel like I have a baby.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:18 pm

you DO have a baby! tongue
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:39 pm

I know, right? And she's a spoiled rotten one at that! I just came in from spending over an hour with her outside - again. I finally decided to bring the lawnchair out with me. She played in the yard while I sat and enjoyed a glass of Cabernet.

On the bright side, she keeps me active. I can't wait until she's old enough and has all her shots. I plan on taking her for walks, to the park, to PetSmart, in the car, etc. She wants outside, she'll get outside!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:36 pm

Went outside with kid and hubby near sundown and saw the partial solar eclipse. Awesome!
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:43 pm

I wish I could have seen it here. I love stuff like that. The pics I've seen are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:08 am

Sad, inevitable news today for Bee Gees fans. RIP Mr Robin Gibb.

Heaven will be forever filled with wondrous song with you and your brothers, Andy and Maurice.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2
Page 31 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next