The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zack Snyder talks '300' sequel plot

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Zack Snyder talks '300' sequel plot Empty
PostSubject: Zack Snyder talks '300' sequel plot   Zack Snyder talks '300' sequel plot Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:40 am

From Ace Showbiz

Insisting that he is up for another '300' movie if Frank Miller comes up with a great idea, director Zack Snyder opens up about what he knows of the sequel's possible plot.

Giving an update to possible "300" follow-up, director Zack Snyder has opened up more on the possible plot ideas for another installment of the action drama. To MTV, the 43-year-old filmmaker revealed what he has heard of author Frank Miller's idea for part two of "300".

"There's something that happens in history between Leonidas dying at the Hot Gates and Platea," Snyder explained of the possible plot, mentioning the events between the Battle of Thermopylae and the Battle of Plataea. "That's a year that's left out of the [original] movie. A lot happened."

On whether or not a follow-up movie will be developed, Snyder claimed, "Frank is definitely working on an idea. If Frank comes up with a great idea and draws something cool, there's no reason why we wouldn't make another movie." Asked further whether he would return to do another "300" film, he said, "If Frank does something great then yes. It's on him now."

"300" is a 2007 epic battle film that chronicles the story of King Leonidas and his 300 Spartans who fight to their death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army in ancient battle of Thermopylae. Based on the epic graphic novel by Frank Miller, it stars Gerard Butler, Lena Headey, David Wenham and Dominic West among others. Since its release on March 9, 2007, it has grossed $456.1 million worldwide.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder talks '300' sequel plot   Zack Snyder talks '300' sequel plot Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:43 am

From Den of Geek

Zack Snyder on a 300 prequel

Rupert de Paula

What would bring us 300 part 2? A great idea and some cool Frank Miller drawings according to Zack Snyder...

Fresh from picking up a Director of the Year award at Las Vegas' ShoWest, Watchmen's Zack Snyder couldn't resist letting slip about Frank Miller's continuing development of a sequel to 2006's violent swords-and-sandals epic, 300. Which has to be one of the least likely follow-ups ever, seeing as... MAJOR SPOILER...most of the lead characters kark it in the original movie, that starred Gerard Butler as Spartan King Leonidas.

Miller, who also wrote the Sin City series of graphic novels and directed this year's The Spirit, has been working on a follow up to 300 for over a year - centering on the events leading up to and directly following the Battle of Thermopyale, where 300 Spartan soldiers held off a whole Persian army. Snyder, who directed the film adaptation, has heard some of them and likes the ideas.

"There's something that happens in history between Leonidas dying at the Hot Gates and Platea," Snyder said. "That's a year that's left out of the [original] movie. A lot happened."

300 touched on the historic Battle of Platea, where 10,000 Spartan warriors crushed a whole Persian army. But also of importance was the naval Battle of Salamis. And it is these events that would form the narrative core of any sequel.

Snyder explained: "Frank is definitely working on an idea. If Frank comes up with a great idea and draws something cool, there's no reason why we wouldn't make another movie."

When asked directly if he would be interested in helming the project, Snyder responded: "Sure...If Frank does something great then yes. It's on him now."

While a big 300 fan personally, I find ‘prequel sequels' are always a hard act to pull off. With the writers hamstrung from the start - as anyone who's seen the original knows how the story ends. But I'm willing to give Miller the benefit of the doubt here, so let's see what he can come up with.

Snyder is also committed to at least two different projects, the animated owl caper Guardians Of Ga'Hoole (rumoured to have the voice talents of Hugh Jackman, Geoffrey Rush and Hugo Weaving involved) and the live action Sucker Punch - which is being described as ‘Alice In Wonderland with machine guns'. Both movies are set for a 2010 release.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder talks '300' sequel plot   Zack Snyder talks '300' sequel plot Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Hmmm...would that include Leonidas again? Or history of something else happening around the same time?

I need to read about the history before I make up my mind. Although, I'm all for Zack making another movie. He's brilliant.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Chiara...
Random Babbler
Chiara...

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder talks '300' sequel plot   Zack Snyder talks '300' sequel plot Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:31 am

EXCLUSIVE: Zack Snyder Reveals Setting For Revolutionary ‘300’ Follow-Up

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/04/06/exclusive-zack-snyder-reveals-setting-for-revolutionary-300-follow-up/

Three years ago, “300” Spartans dined in hell — and judging by the more than $200 million the film grossed domestically, a lot of fans found their meal to be quite delicious. But — spoiler alert! — since almost everyone died at the end, can there ever be a sequel? And if so, would director Zack Snyder be interested in getting behind the camera?

With one simple word, Snyder addressed all of the above: “Sure,” he grinned.

About a year ago, news broke that Frank Miller was developing a “300” quasi-sequel. Snyder, who was in Las Vegas this week to pick up a Director of the Year award at ShoWest, revealed that he has indeed heard Miller’s idea for a graphic novel about the events that followed the key battle of “300” — and he likes it.

“There’s something that happens in history between Leonidas dying at the Hot Gates and Platea,” Snyder said. “That’s a year that’s left out of the [original] movie. A lot happened.”

Although it was dramatized terrifically, Snyder’s “300” told the story of the Battle of Thermopylae, which occurred in 480 BC. The film’s final moments mention that one year later, at Platea, 10,000 Spartan warriors helped defeat a huge Persian force; in a historical context, an equally important event occurred when the Athenian navy crushed the Persians in the battle of Salamis. According to Snyder, “300 Part II” will focus on the intense 12 months when these battles were taking place.

“Frank is definitely working on an idea,” Snyder explained. “If Frank comes up with a great idea and draws something cool, there’s no reason why we wouldn’t make another movie.”

So, in essence, the “300” follow-up wouldn’t be a prequel that could bring back Gerard Butler and the other stars; it also wouldn’t be a traditional sequel with mostly all-new stars. Instead, Snyder and Miller hope to make a film that occurs somewhere around 7/8 of the way through “300,” expanding on the moment. And although such an idea seems somewhat revolutionary, would you expect anything less from the guy who made such a defiantly loyal “Watchmen” movie?

“If Frank does something great then yes,” Snyder said, insisting he’s behind Miller’s irreverent idea, and can’t wait to read the follow-up graphic novel. “It’s on him now.”

What do you say? Are you looking forward to Miller and Snyder dining in hell again? Or do the Spartans need to rest in peace?
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder talks '300' sequel plot   Zack Snyder talks '300' sequel plot Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:30 pm

I love history, and Zack is a fantastic director. I'll watch almost anything he makes now.

I don't want to see the same people, though. I'd rather see new talent.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zack Snyder talks '300' sequel plot   Zack Snyder talks '300' sequel plot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zack Snyder talks '300' sequel plot
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: Gerry Movies :: 300-
Jump to: