The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Frank Miller Has A Plot For The 300 Prequel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Frank Miller Has A Plot For The 300 Prequel Empty
PostSubject: Frank Miller Has A Plot For The 300 Prequel   Frank Miller Has A Plot For The 300 Prequel Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:37 pm

I really wonder if Gerry would consider doing this. He has said that he thinks that movie stands alone on it's own as well as has said in the past that he didn't think he would be open to getting back into the same shape as he was the first time. I think it would be quite a challenge, especially with him being older now.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Frank-Miller-Has-A-Plot-For-The-300-Prequel-16154.html

By Katey Rich: 2009-12-15 11:59:36

Clearly the The Los Angeles Times is not nearly as up-to-date on geek culture as they ought to be. When they got Frank Miller to talk about his plans for a 300 sequel, they merely included the news as part of a larger article about upcoming movies based on Greek mythology, Clash of the Titans and Percy Jackson. But the 300 sequel has a title! And a plot! This is news!

Basically, the sequel will be called Xerxes, and will tell the story of the battle of Marathon, set about 10 years before the events of 300. So, technically, it's a prequel, which potentially leaves room for Gerard Butler to return and buff up those abs once more. Miller told the Times, "I’ve finished the plot and I’m getting started on the artwork," meaning the graphic novel version that will come before the movie that Zack Snyder is interested in, but not officially attached to yet. God knows how long it will be before Miller actually assembles a full graphic novel out of these ideas, and how much longer after that it will take Snyder to make the movie. But have patience, my geek friends: progress is happening.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Frank Miller Has A Plot For The 300 Prequel   Frank Miller Has A Plot For The 300 Prequel Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 5:59 pm

I'm actually interested in seeing that...although I'm thinking, let's make a whole bunch of new stars, instead of using the old ones. Unless Rodrigo wants to be Xerxes again.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Frank Miller Has A Plot For The 300 Prequel   Frank Miller Has A Plot For The 300 Prequel Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 2:12 pm

Another article:

http://screenrant.com/300-prequel-xerxes-story-title-cast-rob-38128/

Story for 300 Prequel ‘Xerxes’ is Done

After the success of Zack Snyder’s epic rated-R action flick, 300, the question became “When can they do a follow-up and how can they make a story to build off of the success of the first?”

As we know, our Spartan heroes all meet their doom at the end with the exception of the narrator Dilios played by David Wenham. This would mean that in order to bring back Gerard Butler’s King of bad-ass and internet parodies, Leonidas, it would either have to be a prequel or include flashbacks to earlier battles with him involved. The first movie was about Dilios telling the story of Leonidas and his 300 men, so perhaps the next installment could do the same.

Since Butler is the poster-boy of the 300, he’d have to come back and fortunately for us fans, Butler is interested in the 300 prequel as is writer/artist Frank Miller, producer Marc Canton and director Zack Snyder. The good news it that Miller has now completed the story for the prequel and has given it a name…

According to LA Times’ Hero Complex blog, Frank Miller revealed that he’s finished the plot for the film and has started the artwork. The title of the project is now Xerxes, the name of the super-tall “god-king” played by Rodrigo Santoro in 300.

“It’s the battle of Marathon through my lens. I’ve finished the plot and I’m getting started on the artwork.”

Just over a year ago at a Warner Bros. presentation for Watchmen, Zack Snyder revealed that the next movie would take place “between the Battle of Thermopylae and the Battle of Plataea.” I’m curious how they’ll work Xerxes into another story of the Spartans we know and love from the first flick.

What’s great to hear is that – like the first movie – it is being made as a complete graphic novel first. When Miller was still working on the story a while back, Snyder said he’d have no hand in the graphic novel and only when it was finished would they look at it to make a screenplay. Snyder has said all along that he’d only make another if there was another graphic novel first and I respect what he’s doing.

I hope that Miller’s new book is good enough for Snyder and the studio to make another great movie out of and that they can bring back the cast members from 300. There was a ton of time spent having the actors go through a rigorous workout, but for the money the film banked, it was worth it.

What do you think of Xerxes and the story being about the Battle of Marathon?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frank Miller Has A Plot For The 300 Prequel   Frank Miller Has A Plot For The 300 Prequel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1