The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics

Go down 
+7
ladyremi
Ciuineas
beguild
Leo
greyeyegoddess
Birdseed
DonnaKat
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:17 pm

Inglourious Basterds, Tarantino's movie with Brad Pitt-Michael's in the movie. He has another movie being presented on Friday morning, Jonah Hex, which you all HAVE to go, whether he's there or not. They are going to show a clip or trailer or something.

I'm dying because even THURSDAY sounds good...and I never care about Thursdays...
-GI Joe, with Brendan Fraser, although he's not a lead character, they are using his name for the movie.
-Psych love the show
-Legend of the Seeker
-Burn Notice with Bruce Campbell

It's so cheap to fly nowadays too.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Bea
Random Babbler
Bea

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 12:00 am

Thank You,
I will Die happy if I can see Brad in the FLESH and Michael
ohhhhh my Yellow Towel time for sure .....
Ok, I will highlight all that we want to see once the schedule is up.
Bea
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 4:36 pm

I think CC's schedule is pretty flat again. I don't think they have everything. Hall H almost seems...dead this year.

I don't see Gamer at all. That's weird, unless the studios decided not to do anything, which I think would be a huge mistake.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 4:46 pm

While I wasn't expecting a Gerry appearance at CC, I was expecting some push for Gamer. IMO it's a big mistake on their part not to have some sort of publicity for it, given the fact that it has taken so long for it to be released. People have moved onto other things and that reminder really needed to be there, which kind of makes me wonder if Butler's people are even on the bandwagon for this film any longer. It seems like lately all he's cast in are romcoms - if he's not careful, it will become a typecast (something he said he didn't want to happen to him after 300--how ironic).
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 5:56 pm

that's why I don't think the schedule is set...the huge hall is really lacking for schedules. I think they are still setting up things.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:02 pm

well, one question is answered:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/07/12/what-you-probably-wont-see-at-comic-con-2009/

The Weinstein Co isn’t promoting Quentin Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds (Comic-Con seems like a better venue than UFC),

(snipped)

DreamWorks Animation is again completely skipping the convention, despite it being the first year that presentations can be shown in digital 3D. How to Train Your Dragon doesn’t have a panel,

(snipped)

Of course, the below list is subject to change. Panels and projects could be added, or surprise appearances might be made (for instance, Warner Bros has a panel where they could surprise with Ninja Assassin). Also, some of these films might very well have a show floor presence, advertising presence (District 9 was all over last year’s Con), or viral marketing launch at the Con. But judging from the officially announced schedule, this is the list of movies that won’t have a panel presence at the Con.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:09 pm

They could just surprise you-have the whole IB cast fly over after the premiere.

Wasn't last year that Hugh flew from Australia straight to CC?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:16 pm

It also says this:

Quote :
Lionsgate isn’t brining Neveldine/Taylor’s Gamer, Saw VI (a series which has had a presence in past years), or the vampire horror film Daybreakers.

Actually, I'm more surprised that Inglourious Basterds isn't getting a showing than I am about Gamer. I've been hearing buzz for weeks that Pitt and Jolie might very well make an appearance at CC. I haven't heard that same buzz for Gamer.

Quote :
20th Century Fox’s teen horror film Jennifer’s Body and Wes Anderson’s animated film Fantastic Mr. Fox are oddly missing.

Isn't this Megan Fox's movie? I thought she said herself she was going to be at CC (not that I have any interest in seeing her, but still).
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:26 pm

wow, I missed the Gamer on that. Thanks.

That's weird because I had heard that the directors of Gamer were going to be there.

And I believe you are right about Megan's movie.

Wow, CC or the studios are really slacking. There are so many movies that they could be pushing there that weekend.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:31 pm

Yeah, and it's the 40th anniversary too. Tickets sold out the fastest they did in the history of the con, and people are dying to get extra passes when they go up on Ebay.

I clearly don't understand where some heads are on this.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:36 pm

I'm a bit apprehensive about ComicCon, but not for the normal reasons anyone would suspect. I'm actually concerned about leaving my pets for so long. I'm leaving Wednesday morning and won't be back home until the following Monday evening.

Normally someone knows I'm gone and if it's more than a couple of days, I have someone to look in on them...but not this time. I'm thinking about calling one of those pet sitting places to make a couple of visits, but I don't know what they charge. That, but the thought of a complete stranger going into my home has me a bit leery. But at the same time, I know that if something bad would happen like the AC going out or something, could prove to be fatal to them.

I'm not sure what to do......
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:54 pm

so, neighbor's kids checking on your pets is out of the question....hmmm
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 12:34 am

Some vets have kennels for non-patients. There are also pet hotels/kennels.
Back to top Go down
Bea
Random Babbler
Bea

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 12:10 am

Wow I am really bummed about IB and Gamer....
Ok, Kiefer will be there with 24, True Blood whoo hoo
Dexter and I will have to go thru the rest of it and see what
else? Is Michael showing up for Jonah Hex?
We are going to have to find something else to do the rest of the days
ha ha ha
Donna, did you already pay for your room too?
If I could get a refund I would cancel but no can do might
as well tour san diego.....
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 12:17 am

My roomie backed out on me this morning (as I expected she would), but if I cancel now I lose one night's deposit (approx $200). The flight can't be cancelled either, and neither can the 4 day pass...so I might as well go, even though the whole hotel room thing has me in a bind right now, which is my main issue at the moment. I could call the hotel with a sob story and see if they'll let me keep my deposit, but I think I'll wait a few more days to think about it.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 7:29 am

I don't know what I would advise you to do, Donna. Who was the room mate? Can she chip in some of the cost you will lose?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 11:50 am

No, she's using her money to fly to the LA premiere for TUT (Gerry), then she's going to both Conan and Craig Ferguson shows (Gerry), then she's flying to NY to see a Broadway show. I would assume she would be using up all of her extra money on that. Wink

In all honesty, she never said she'd be rooming with me positively so I can't really get angry about it. I guess people find the time and money for stuff they really want to do.

I'm just going to have to stop depending on the wrong people. It seems to be a bad habit with me these past 2 years or so.

On a lighter note, Adrian Paul is supposed to be signing autographs. I wonder if I could get a picture with him too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:16 pm

I'm so sorry DK. I wish things like that didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 3:11 pm

Ah well....I guess I should be getting used to it by now. Wink

There was a blog posted this morning that said Gerry was going to be at ComicCon pushing Gamer. GALS then went and posted the information this morning without first checking to see if it was officially confirmed. They have since went back and posted that it isn't confirmed. So until it's confirmed, I'm not going to say it's confirmed. We've been down this road before, more than once.

Make sense? Laughing

Once I find out either way, I'll keep you all informed. As of right now, I'm playing the waiting game.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 6:19 pm

lol...geez...

I hope he's there for all you people's sake.

You get these sites that all they want to do is be the first to tell the news...
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 6:42 pm

LOL, I checked back on GALS and I find it funny when someone says "for his sake I hope he isn't at CC because he'll be too tired". Would the real reason possibly be because said person isn't going to be there to see him? Laughing

I could say the same thing about Conan, Craig Ferguson, or Regis and Kelly. Poor guy needs some rest, he shouldn't be flying out to LA to do these appearances. Wink

Still, I'm not really believing that blog article. I think the guy got his wires crossed (unless he blurted out some information he wasn't supposed to, prematurely).
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 7:41 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
LOL, I checked back on GALS and I find it funny when someone says "for his sake I hope he isn't at CC because he'll be too tired". Would the real reason possibly be because said person isn't going to be there to see him? Laughing.
Ah, you know them soooo well.

I only hope Fass does make it there for you and Bea. And maybe two other people if they go. Other than that, I'm being selfish. I'll get over it when he gets better known.

DonnaKat wrote:
I could say the same thing about Conan, Craig Ferguson, or Regis and Kelly. Poor guy needs some rest, he shouldn't be flying out to LA to do these appearances. Wink

Poor baby...works so hard and doesn't get any rest...

Blah!

DonnaKat wrote:
Still, I'm not really believing that blog article. I think the guy got his wires crossed (unless he blurted out some information he wasn't supposed to, prematurely).
lol...
Back to top Go down
Bea
Random Babbler
Bea

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 9:42 pm

If the blogger was a guy you know he was "premature"
LOL!!!!! Ok, I had to say it ...
I saw that too on GALS ..... I believe that person is doing the talk
show circuit.... and premiere....
I pointed out that the search engine on CC has no GB, Gamer or the studio Lionsgate showing up...

ahhh welll I can use the vacation. It was a stressfull day we had a
layoff and a bunch of "old" timers were let go.
Plus, the guy I was always complaining about who was not doing
their job correctly or completely got laid off. So, I am feeling bad
about it all. He is going thru a horrid divorce. But, I tried to help him numerous times and told him
what I expected from him as a Master Planner. He got too comfortable about having a history with the company.
In this market their is always someone cheaper, younger and eager
to take your place. You have to do your job like your life depends on
it (which it does). I hope things turn out ok for him.
Bea
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 10:31 pm

I laughed at that too, Bea.

Hope work gets better.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 11:37 pm

Okay, just checked GALS again:

GALS wrote:
We've received confirmation from a member of the press already at CC that no Gamer panels or roundtables are on the agenda.

There may be merchandising/promo booths, but nothing else.

At least now we know for sure.

For the life of me I don't understand WHY they wouldn't be pushing Gamer, but oh well...it's their box office numbers, not mine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics   ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ComicCon 2009: Planning and Logistics
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next