The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerard Butler goes sword-and-sandals in Gods of Egypt character poster

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Gerard Butler goes sword-and-sandals in Gods of Egypt character poster Empty
PostSubject: Gerard Butler goes sword-and-sandals in Gods of Egypt character poster   Gerard Butler goes sword-and-sandals in Gods of Egypt character poster Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 5:29 am

Pic at link:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/12/gods-of-egypt-gerard-butler-character-poster

Gerard Butler is ready to rule the desert in an exclusive new character poster for Gods of Egypt, Lionsgate’s fantasy epic inspired by Egyptian mythology.

Butler first broke through as an action hero playing the buff Spartan leader Leonidas in 300, and the Scottish actor returns to the sword-and-sandals genre playing Set, the god of darkness and the desert. Director Alex Proyas’ film tells the story of Bek (Brenton Thwaites), a mortal hero who enlists the help of the god Horus (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) to rescue his true love and save the world from Set’s scheming.

Chadwick Boseman, Elodie Yung, and Courtney Eaton also star in Gods of Egypt, which is set for release on Feb. 26. Check out the character poster below.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler goes sword-and-sandals in Gods of Egypt character poster   Gerard Butler goes sword-and-sandals in Gods of Egypt character poster Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 5:33 am

Pics at link:

http://collider.com/gods-of-egypt-posters-gerard-butler-elodie-yung/

First Posters for Alex Proyas’ ‘Gods of Egypt’ Were Apparently Designed by Lisa Frank

Boys and girls, Christmas has come early! The newly released character posters for Alex Proyas’ mythological adventure fantasy Gods of Egypt are crazier than I ever could have hoped. I can’t look away. They reveal stars Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Chadwick Boseman, Gerard Butler, and Elodie Yung in full technicolor dreamcoat costumes, and they’re fantastic in the most ridiculous of ways. There’s also Brenton Thwaites who stars as the mortal known as Bek, a thief who enlists Horus’ help in a rebellion against the evil overlord, Set.

I was fully expecting some crazy from the director of The Crow; I, Robot; and Knowing, but Gods of Egypt looks like Proyas’ has finally discovered a palette that consists of more than drab grays and deep blacks … then that palette exploded in a burst of rainbow-colored fireworks. These representations of Egyptian mythology’s gods seem to stare right through the viewer as if daring you to question their attire while at the same time saying, “Yeah, I’m not happy about this either.” I’ll reserve any further judgment until I see Gods of Egypt in action, but do yourself a favor and scope out the first posters below.

This poster of Horus (Coster-Waldau) comes courtesy of Yahoo!:

gods-of-egypt-poster-horus-nikolaj-coster-waldau

And here’s our first look at Thoth (Boseman) (via IMDb):

gods-of-egypt-poster-thoth-chadwick-boseman

EW brings us a look at Set (Butler):

gods-of-egypt-poster-set-gerard-butler

HitFix has Hathor (Yung):

gods-of-egypt-poster-hathor-elodie-yung

And Lionsgate has Bek (Thwaites):

gods-of-egypt-poster-bek-brenton-thwaites

Here’s the official synopsis for Gods of Egypt:

Magic, monsters, gods and madness reign throughout the palaces and pyramids of the Nile River Valley in this action-adventure inspired by the classic mythology of Egypt. With the survival of mankind hanging in the balance, an unexpected hero takes a thrilling journey to save the world and rescue his true love. Set (Gerard Butler), the merciless god of darkness, has usurped Egypt’s throne, plunging the once peaceful and prosperous empire into chaos and conflict. With only a handful of heroic rebels opposing Set’s savage rule, Bek (Brenton Thwaites), a bold and defiant mortal, enlists the aid of powerful god Horus (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) in an unlikely alliance against the evil overlord. As their breathtaking battle against Set and his henchmen take them into the afterlife and across the heavens, both god and mortal must pass tests of courage and sacrifice if they hope to prevail in the spectacular final confrontation.

Gods of Egypt opens February 26th.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler goes sword-and-sandals in Gods of Egypt character poster   Gerard Butler goes sword-and-sandals in Gods of Egypt character poster Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 5:50 am

The comments are pretty funny.  Here's a few:

Please, stop it with these rainbow colors. It hurts my brain.

My eyes my eyessssssss

Exodus Gods and Kings 2.

the return of the come back.

More like Clash of the Titans: The Musical.

Gods Of LGBT.

They managed to make black panther look gay

its the Immortals...but in Egypt.

Well this looks terrible.

I just can't stop looking at these. Are they real, you guys?

As real as any Gay Pride Parade would be.

This is evidence that these ancient gods were flamboyant queens.

They're so ridiculous that I'm actually kind of into it. It's colorful and unapologetic fantasy (reminds me of the Warcraft trailer in that way).

I'm pretty certain that this is what that youtube video "David After the Dentist" must of been seeing when he was asking his dad "Is this real life?"

Too bright.

It's like someone connected the Stargate to a rainbow.

They forgot Poop, God of crap.

I really hope this is good. But hey I am not holding my breath til I see a trailer

FLOP.

This will literally be the worst movie about referencing Egypt that has ever been made.

Kinda like that Immortals movie with Henry Cavill. Lawl, Jaime Lannister looks like he just got off the stage of a Siegfried and Roy show.

I guess they left Isis out because they didn't want to confuse dumb people?

these have to be the worst posters I have seen in recent years.

they look like bad trapper keeper binders covers

These posters look ridiculous....In the 90s I'd understand, but guys, it's going to be 2016 soon...step up your poster game.

I was hoping this movie would be in the tone and style of the Modern Clash of the Titans only with Egyptian instead of Greek pantheon. These Posters look more like a Egyptian version of percy jackson.

In case you wanna see a cool representation of Egyptian gods on film, check out Immortel: Ad Vitam

http://spyzzz.free.fr/photos/f...

Look like posters advertising a Vegas stage show at the LUXOR.

LOL, no.

Looks like a sequel to Burt Wonderstone... http://wwws.warnerbros.co.uk/b...

A Bollywood production? I hope?
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler goes sword-and-sandals in Gods of Egypt character poster   Gerard Butler goes sword-and-sandals in Gods of Egypt character poster Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 7:32 am

http://perezhilton.com/2015-11-12-gods-of-egypt-poster-gerard-butler-nikolaj-coster-waldau-game-of-thrones?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#.VkXJrb-hthY

We Promise, The First Photos Of Gerard Butler & Game Of Thrones' Nikolaj Coster-Waldau In Gods Of Egypt Are For A Real Movie!

You know how Game Of Thrones takes a fantasy setting and brings it down to earth with all the grit and muck of real medieval life?

This is kind of the opposite of that.

GoT's Nikolaj Coster-Waldau — along with Gerard Butler, Chadwick Boseman, Daredevil's Elodie Yung, and The Giver's Brenton Thwaites (above) — are featured on their own character posters for next year's sci-fi epic Gods Of Egypt, and wow.

Just wow.

Gods tells the story of a mortal thief in ancient Egypt who must enlist the help of powerful gods to fight other powerful gods. Everyone has super powers.

To say the looks are colorful doesn't do their fabulosity justice. We're pretty sure they're the only movie posters that are also blacklight.

They actually remind us of another recent science fiction film Jupiter Ascending — let's hope they don't have the same splash at the box office!

Gods Of Egypt opens February 26, 2016.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler goes sword-and-sandals in Gods of Egypt character poster   Gerard Butler goes sword-and-sandals in Gods of Egypt character poster Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 5:47 am

http://screenrant.com/gods-egypt-trailer-movie-butler/

Gods of Egypt Trailer: Gerard Butler is the Merciless God of Darkness

Lionsgate has released the first trailer for Gods of Egypt, giving moviegoers their first look at the expansive fantasy universe the filmmakers have created. The movie stars Gerard Butler as Set, the god of darkness, who has taken over Egypt and enslaved its people.

Set ascended to the throne by defeating another god, Horus (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau), in what the clip above reveals to be a very brutal fashion. The Gods of Egypt trailer also introduces use to one Bek (Brenton Thwaites), a young human who is brave and crazy enough to embark on a dangerous quest to free Egypt–and possibly save all of mankind.

Along with help from the beautiful Zaya (Courtney Eaton) and Hathor (Elodie Yung), the goddess of love, Bek hopes that his journey to restore at least one of Horus’ eyes will help in defeating Set. As the official description of the film explains:

“Bek, a bold and defiant mortal, enlists the aid of powerful god Horus in an unlikely alliance against the evil overlord. As their breathtaking battle against Set and his henchmen take them into the afterlife and across the heavens, both god and mortal must pass tests of courage and sacrifice if they hope to prevail in the spectacular final confrontation.”

Gods of Egypt also stars Chadwick Boseman (42), Rufus Sewell (Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter), and Geoffrey Rush (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides) as Ra. The script has been penned by writing duo Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless (Dracula Untold, The Last Witch Hunter), and will be directed by Alex Proyas (I,Robot). Proyas has described the story as being more fantasy than history, but “authentic to Egyptian myth.”

Gerard Butler character poster Gods of Egypt Gods of Egypt Trailer: Gerard Butler is the Merciless God of Darkness

The exceedingly bright Gods of Egypt character posters left many wondering if the film would have the same fluorescent, stylized appearance as the artwork. Though Proyas is well known for more stark, atmospheric films like The Crow and Dark City, the trailer shows his latest work is a lot more giddy and garish. The effects are crisp but have an unrealistic video game quality, and seeing an armored-up Butler in this cheesy environment feels a bit like 300 by way of Percy Jackson.

For film fans already upset over a story about Egyptian gods employing mostly white actors with British accents, this trailer probably won’t improve their opinion of the project. Those simply hoping for a silly, The Mummy-like action adventure could be entertained by battling warriors, beautiful goddesses, and giant flying snakes. Lionsgate no doubt hopes the curiosity of seeing the men we know as Leonidas and Jaime Lannister battling with supernatural powers will be enough to lure people to the theater this winter.

Gods of Egypt opens in U.S. theaters on February 26th, 2016.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler goes sword-and-sandals in Gods of Egypt character poster   Gerard Butler goes sword-and-sandals in Gods of Egypt character poster Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1