The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Butler backs night for the Comrie ladies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Butler backs night for the Comrie ladies Empty
PostSubject: Butler backs night for the Comrie ladies   Butler backs night for the Comrie ladies Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 3:55 am

http://www.strathearnherald.co.uk/strathearn-news/strathearn-news/2013/07/05/butler-backs-night-for-the-comrie-ladies-64054-33561808/

Jul 5 2013 by Lynn Duke, Strathearn Herald
Hollywood heart-throb Gerard Butler has stepped in to sponsor Ladies’ Night at the upcoming Comrie Fortnight.
The star, pictured above, was happy to oblige after reading in the Herald that the committee was still looking for backers for some of the Fortnight’s attractions.
A-lister Gerard said: “My mum gets the Herald so when I come for a visit I have a wee read of it. I saw the appeal and my mum thought that Ladies’ Night would be an appropriate event for me to sponsor.”
The action movie hero loves to visit his family in Comrie to escape from the pressures of the media and his celebrity lifestyle.

He added: “When I’m at home, I feel at home. I feel myself. To be back with your family and your friends – especially now that my family live in Strathearn – is great.
“I can look up at the mountain ranges and I am just taken aback constantly by how beautiful it is here, and what a great land I come from. There is such a great history – romantic, warring, passionate and kind of heart-breaking as well.
“I think I come from one of the most beautiful countries on the planet.
“I love the humour and I love the warmth. I just really connect when I get back, and I find that I recharge and knock out all the bull that’s going round in my head, all of that Hollywood nonsense.”
The Comrie Fortnight programme is on sale from Monday, July 8, at the usual village outlets.
The Herald has been given a sneak preview and can confirm that it contains all the old favourites plus some new and exciting activities that everyone will enjoy.
This year it sports a bright red and yellow cover, designed by Comrie Primary pupil Lauren Russell.
Comrie Fortnight takes place between July 20 and August 3.
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Butler backs night for the Comrie ladies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butler backs night for the Comrie ladies   Butler backs night for the Comrie ladies Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 9:57 pm

http://www.strathearnherald.co.uk/strathearn-news/strathearn-news/2013/07/26/thumbs-up-for-gerard-64054-33651733/

Thumbs up for Gerard
Jul 26 2013 by Lynn Duke, Strathearn Herald

Hollywood star Gerard Butler has extended his support for Comrie Fortnight.

The A-lister decided to sponsor the village’s Ladies’ Night after reading an appeal in the Herald.

And, once he found out more about the two-week extravaganza – which kicked off in spectacular style on Saturday – movie megastar Gerard offered to back some of the children’s events too.

His support means many of the events are now being offered at a reduced price.

Allan Stewart, chairman of Comrie Fortnight, declared: “The Comrie Fortnight committee was overwhelmed with Gerard Butler’s support.

“He has kindly provided our fantastic, brightly-coloured Comrie Fortnight tee-shirts for children, which will be awarded as prizes.”

For more on the events, see the centre pages

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1