The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerard Butler visits Comrie Cinema Club

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Gerard Butler visits Comrie Cinema Club Empty
PostSubject: Gerard Butler visits Comrie Cinema Club   Gerard Butler visits Comrie Cinema Club Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 6:25 pm

Looks like Gerry made an appearance back in Nov. when he was visiting in Scotland:

http://www.perthshireadvertiser.co.uk/2010/01/12/gerard-butler-visits-comrie-cinema-club-73103-25580969/

Jan 12 2010 by Lynn Duke

A HOLLYWOOD ‘A’ lister was among the audience for Comrie Cinema Club’s recent screening of ‘Inside I’m Dancing’.

Actor Gerard Butler, pictured, popped into the diminutive WRI Hall for the showing of the film whilst taking a break from his busy schedule with a holiday in Comrie.

The Scottish-born star of 300, PS I Love You and Nim’s Island, to name but a few, is patron of the Cinema Club and was visiting his mum who lives in the village.

“It was very exciting,” said club secretary Chris Grace.

“I bumped into his mum earlier in the day and she told me he had just flown in and she would ask him if he would come along to that night’s screening, which he did.

“He was a lovely down-to-earth guy. He just sat and watched the film like everyone else and really enjoyed it. Nobody bothered him and he said he’s definitely coming back.

“Afterwards he chatted away and took a real interest in the running of the club and was very complimentary about it.”

Comrie Cinema Club, which is now in its third season of bringing films to the village, is going from strength to strength. Chris added: “We have an increasing audience and a large pool of regulars who enjoy the informality and accessibility of the showings.”

ON Saturday, January 16, Comrie Cinema Club is putting on another double showing at the WRI Hall in Nurses Lane.

The matinee film will be The Jungle Book and in the evening Hallam Foe is being screened.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1