The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Playing The Field

Go down 
+5
DonnaKat
Nay
pamelajane
LegoJulie
Dallas
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Playing The Field - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:57 pm

Hahaha! Yes, he's very into self-promotion. I heard he took out a "For Your Consideration" ad in the industry papers to encourage Academy members to think of his Bounty Hunter role come Oscar time. Razz
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:08 am

Are you kidding? TBH for an Oscar?

Please tell me you're kidding. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 5:25 am

LadyNOLA wrote:
Hahaha! Yes, he's very into self-promotion. I heard he took out a "For Your Consideration" ad in the industry papers to encourage Academy members to think of his Bounty Hunter role come Oscar time. Razz

Hopeful little shit, isn't he? Playing The Field - Page 2 415251
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:13 pm

This just sounds horrible to me. I think Biel is a terrible actress.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118032694?refCatId=13

Thurman, Biel to start 'Playing the Field'
Thesps to co-star with Gerard Butler in soccer mom-com
By Jeff Sneider

Exclusive: Uma Thurman and Jessica Biel have signed on to join Gerard Butler in Nu Image/Millennium Films' soccer comedy "Playing the Field."
Gabriele Muccino is directing from a script by Robbie Fox ("So I Married An Axe Murderer").

Butler stars as a former pro soccer player who finds himself dodging romantic advances from soccer moms after he agrees to coach his son's youth team in an attempt to bond with the boy.

Biel will play Butler's ex-wife who is engaged to be re-married, while Thurman will play a fellow parent who sets out to seduce the coach.

Butler is producing with his Evil Twins partner Alan Siegel, as well as Jonathan Mostow, Kevin Misher and Heidi Jo Markel. Nu Image/Millennium's Avi Lerner, Danny Dimbort and Trevor Short are exec producing the pic, which is scheduled to start production next month.

Thurman next stars in Max Winkler's "Ceremony" and will soon be seen as Lois Lane in the comedy omnibus "Movie 43."

Biel was recently cast in New Line's rom-com "New Year's Eve." Thesp has Pascal Laugier's thriller "The Tall Man" and David O. Russell's long-delayed comedy "Nailed" awaiting release.

CAA reps both Thurman and Biel, who are also repped by Untitled Entertainment and Management 360, respectively.

Last edited by Dallas on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:59 pm

No
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:17 pm

I looked up Biel. Never seen her in anything before. Ick.

Uma Thurman? The 2 leads have huge bulging eyes. Great. Is she taller than GB?
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:50 pm

LadyNOLA wrote:

Just to set the record straight, Donna and Nay:

I was most definitely kidding!!! Gerry didn't do that! Guess I made that little joke a tad too convincing. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:44 am

Jessica is probably mostly known for being Justin Timberlake's girlfriend than anything else. She was on that tv show "7th Heaven" a long time ago when she was younger. I never watched that show so I have no idea how she was on it. The few things that I have seen her do in the past few years were just......meh.

She's 28 years old and will be playing the ex to a 41 year old Butler. They are going to have what, an 8- 10 year old kid in the movie? She seems a poor choice to me. At least Uma is 40 and I have seen her put in some good performances. I was hoping for strong lead actress to strenthen the mediocre sounding plot.

This movie is sounding worse and worse to me. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised though......

....doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:55 am

http://collider.com/uma-thurman-jessica-biel-playing-the-field/77385/

Uma Thurman and Jessica Biel Join Gerard Butler in Soccer Comedy PLAYING THE FIELD

The next big American soccer comedy (after The Big Green, yes that one with the Sandlot kid) has added two more names to its cast. Uma Thurman and Jessical Biel have joined previously announced Gerard Butler in Playing the Field. Directed by Gabriele Muccino, the film tells the story of a troubled father trying to make up for lost time by coaching his son’s team — but who finds himself in hot water after some of the local mothers take a little too much of a shine to him (and he to them).

Variety reports that Biel will star as Butler’s ex-wife, while Thurman will play one of the soccer moms trying to seduce Butler. The actor is also producing the film, with a script from Robbie Fox (So I Married an Axe Murderer). Pre-production is underway with filming set to start soon. As we reported earlier today, Muccino will move on to direct the romance film Adaline following Playing the Field.

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:56 am

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/archives/uma_thurman_jessica_biel_are_playing_the_field_with_gerard_butler/

Uma Thurman & Jessica Biel Are ‘Playing The Field’ With Gerard Butler

It looks like two actresses have come aboard to add some flavor to a sports-world comedy that will find Gerard Butler weaving through relationships both on and off the pitch.

Variety reports that Uma Thurman and Jessica Biel have joined “Playing The Field,” a soccer movie that features Butler, playing a troubled father and former semi-pro soccer player, who tries to make up for lost time by coaching his son’s team. He ends up in trouble when he gets involved with some of the local soccer moms. Biel will play Butler’s ex-wife who is engaged to be married, while Thurman will play a cougar on the prowl for Butler. The project actually originated as a baseball story called “Confessions of a Little League Coach” but was reconfigured in way that will clearly give it much more international appeal.

The film is set to be directed by Gabriele Muccino (”Seven Pounds,” “The Pursuit Of Happyness”) with a script in place from Robbie Fox (”So I Married An Axe Murderer,” “In The Army Now”). Lensing will begin next month, after which Butler will transition over to Curtis Hanson’s gestating surfing pic “Mavericks.” As for Muccino, he’ll direct the supernatural romance tale “Adaline” following this project, early in 2012.

Sounds like an intriguing little endeavor, but with Muccino’s tendency to turn up the sentiment and Fox apparently specializing in particularly broad strains of comedy, this has the potential to be all over the map. We’ll wait to see how this one plays out.

Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:15 am

I thought cougars went for younger men. I didn't realize a woman chasing men her age or a little older makes her a cougar, too.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 3:50 pm

My stomach rolled when I read that Beil was involved. She's just so blah. PTF may become another one I don't bother with, I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Dallas wrote:
She's 28 years old and will be playing the ex to a 41 year old Butler. They are going to have what, an 8- 10 year old kid in the movie? She seems a poor choice to me. At least Uma is 40 and I have seen her put in some good performances. I was hoping for strong lead actress to strenthen the mediocre sounding plot.

I think they should have reversed the roles...having Biel attempt to seduce Gman would have been more believable.

I really haven't seen Biel in anything much, except romcoms and comedies. I know she did a few action films. Nothing heavy, though.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
luvthatgerryjuice
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:41 pm

Now does anyone think this movie will get an R rating considering the theme? It has been compared to the movie "Shampoo."
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:43 pm

???
Back to top Go down
luvthatgerryjuice

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:48 pm

It take there will be some "hot" scenes in it?" Considering the story.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:51 pm

I understood that idea.

I don't always read through, mainly scan news items...so where is it saying it's going to be like Shampoo? IMDB?

And for the third time, fans are going to be promised a scene that may or may not make it in the film?
Back to top Go down
luvthatgerryjuice

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 7:22 pm

I suppose its the theme of a male beautician sleeping with his admiring clients.....in this case its a coach and soccer moms.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 9:28 pm

LegoJulie wrote:
I thought cougars went for younger men. I didn't realize a woman chasing men her age or a little older makes her a cougar, too.

Hollyweird's double standard when it comes to men and women is pretty pathetic, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 11:19 pm

First I thought what Dallas and Alice (that rhymes, ha!) did. Biel seems a bit young to be the ex-wife, and it would make more sense for the roles to be reversed. Then I thought well maybe it would work if Thurman was playing a cougar type. Then I thought (and I'm glad to see I'm not alone on this based on Julie and Donna's comments), wait a minute, what am I thinking? Thurman's around Gerry's age. How can she be a cougar? I'm sorry to see from that article that it looks like that is in fact what they may be presenting her as though. Donna's right. A total Hollywood skewed view of youth and a double standard. And I bought into it for a minute myself.

Though I guess they may be taking a more broad definiton of the word cougar and expanding it to mean those stereotypical, bored, horny, desparate housewife types that are on the prowl, not necessarialy just for a younger man. But even so, it really is insulting to think that a woman who is the same age as him could get labeled a cougar, yet no one thinks twice about a man who was supposed to have been married to a woman 13 years his junior.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 11:32 pm

"dallas alice" now has the song "willing" stuck in my head. i love it, so...thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 12:01 am

"Willing" is not ringing any bells. Who sang it?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 2:32 am

Interesting article about tax breaks for Michigan as opposed to Louisiana.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20110223/OPINION03/102230304/Editorial-Let-s-not-follow-Michigan-s-lead?odyssey=nav%7Chead
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 2:33 am

Gabriele Muccino (Seven Pounds, The Pursuit of Happyness) will direct Uma Thurman, Jessica Biel and Gerard Butler in Nu Image/Millennium Films’ Playing the Field. The script, written by Robbie Fox (So I Married an Axe Murderer), follows an ex-professional soccer player who agrees to coach his son’s soccer team. Soccer moms attack the new coach, and he must fend off their advances. Biel plays his ex-wife and Thurman plays another parent. Butler is also co-producing with his Evil Twins partner Alan Siegel. Thurman, Biel and Butler are also playing the field of movie genres, each with a slate of new projects in the works.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononhollywood/2011/02/23/daily_read_production_watch5/
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 2:36 am

Uma Thurman and Jessica Biel have joined Gerard Butler in the comedy Playing the Field. According to Variety, Butler will star as a former pro soccer player who agrees to coach his young son’s soccer team to bond with him, and finds himself having to field a lot of passes from soccer moms. Biel will play Butler’s ex-wife, and Thurman will play one of the other mothers. Gabriele Muccino (The Pursuit of Happyness) will direct. Robbie Fox (So I Married an Axe Murderer) wrote the script. So what’s the plot? Let’s guess!

Considering Thurman is about 12 years older than Biel, making her Butler’s age, I’m thinking Uma will be the only soccer mom who resists his charm because she looks down on a pro athlete who married a younger woman. I suspect she’ll fall for him — right before he gets a coaching job at a real team and has to decide whether to continue putting his career ahead of parenthood. I think that arc works whether this is Butler’s return to live-action family fare or, fingers crossed, a comedy for adults that allows him to be more Mark Harmon in Worth Winning or George Clooney in One Fine Day than himself in The Ugly Truth.

Your turn. Guess the plot.

P.S. I’m totally seeing this, even if there’s miraculously no groin hit in the trailer.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/02/23/playing-the-field-gerard-butler/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playing The Field
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next