The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Possible First Poster for Playing the Field with Gerard Butler!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Possible First Poster for Playing the Field with Gerard Butler!  Empty
PostSubject: Possible First Poster for Playing the Field with Gerard Butler!    Possible First Poster for Playing the Field with Gerard Butler!  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:39 am

Pic at link:

http://www.ineedmyfix.com/2011/12/12/possible-first-poster-for-playing-the-field-with-gerard-butler/

This may or may not be the first official poster for Gabriele Muccino’s Playing the Field starring Gerard Butler, Jessica Biel, Catherine Zeta Jones, Uma Thurman, Dennis Quaid, and Judy Greer.

The official synopsis for the film: A former professional athlete with a weak past tries to redeem himself by coaching his son's soccer team, only to find himself unable to resist when in scoring position with his players' restless and gorgeous moms.

I’m skeptical because at this point only one Italian site has posted it and there doesn’t seem to be any other news about it anywhere. Frankly, I hope it isn’t an “official” poster because it’s a bland, photo-shopped mess. I had also read in an interview with Butler that the title will most likely change before release. If that’s the case, why put out a poster?

Translated from Italian: Here is the first official poster of Playing the Field, the third American film by Gabriele Muccino for the occasion, he directed all-star cast including Gerard Butler stands. Beside him, Jessica Biel, Uma Thurman and Catherine Zeta-Jones for this comedy about a former football player who, after having touched the tips of fame seeks to recover the relationship with his son and his ex-wife coaching the football team of the child and arousing the sympathies of the mothers of the neighborhood.”

As you can tell it loses something in the translation.

I don’t think this poster sets the tone the filmmakers were going for, either. It is supposed to be a ‘dramedy’ since the emphasis is on George’s (Butler) relationship with his son and his attempt to win back his ex-wife (Biel). Then again, maybe I have it all wrong and they are going for another mindless, soul-less rom-com. Judging from his previous cv, I would think director Muccino had more in him and I know Butler was trying to move away (far far away one hopes) from such fare. We’ll see.

Playing the Field (or whatever it will be called. They'd better hurry up, time's a wastin') opens March 9 in the US and 20th April in the UK

[url][/url][strike]
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Possible First Poster for Playing the Field with Gerard Butler!    Possible First Poster for Playing the Field with Gerard Butler!  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 2:47 am

Here's another pic with the names:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=328545103824163&set=a.286618108016863.85697.143091119036230&type=3&theater
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Possible First Poster for Playing the Field with Gerard Butler!    Possible First Poster for Playing the Field with Gerard Butler!  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 2:58 am

What boring artwork. Sleep
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Possible First Poster for Playing the Field with Gerard Butler!    Possible First Poster for Playing the Field with Gerard Butler!  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 7:48 am

That looks like something from a fansite. The only thing missing is the Photoshopped fan faces replacing the faces of the actresses. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Possible First Poster for Playing the Field with Gerard Butler!    Possible First Poster for Playing the Field with Gerard Butler!  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 5:17 pm

Possible First Poster for Playing the Field with Gerard Butler!  415251
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Possible First Poster for Playing the Field with Gerard Butler!    Possible First Poster for Playing the Field with Gerard Butler!  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:20 am

That poster made me think of Big Love, an HBO series about a polygamy family.
Back to top Go down
luvthatgerryjuice
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Possible First Poster for Playing the Field with Gerard Butler!    Possible First Poster for Playing the Field with Gerard Butler!  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 10:25 am

Even though it looks like it's part of that Loreal commercial, Gerry image looks sexy nevertheless. But I agree that the poster doesnt set the tone of the film's premise. Jessica Biel's image shouldn't be thrown in among the admiring man-hungry wives. It should at least to try to indicate that the women are after Gerry's character but Gerry is after Jessica Biel's, the ex-wife. They need a different set-up with the characters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible First Poster for Playing the Field with Gerard Butler!    Possible First Poster for Playing the Field with Gerard Butler!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: Gerry Movies :: Playing for Keeps (formerly Playing the Field)-
Jump to: