The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans

Go down 
+5
sami_stardust
Sharabella
DonnaKat
LegoJulie
Dallas
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

'300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Empty
PostSubject: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 12:27 am

I wonder why he is in Lansing and attending these events. Please note that the article confirms that he will be at the game tomorrow.
Since when is he a football (especially college football) fan? There has to be a reason for the visit....
*Save the comments about coeds....I mean another reason!*

http://detroit.sbnation.com/michigan-st-spartans/2010/10/15/1754772/300-star-gerard-butler-visits-msu-spartans

300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans
by Ian Casselberry • Oct 15, 2010 10:29 PM EDT

Who better to pump up the Michigan State football team the night before its Homecoming game against Illinois than the King of the Spartans?

Actor Gerard Butler - who played Leonidas, King of Sparta in the movie "300" - visited the MSU Spartans Friday night at the Kellogg Center while the team was watching that very film.

Courtesy of the official MSU Football Twitter feed, here's a photo of Butler (in the middle) leading the team in the famous chant from the film, "What is your profession?"

We had to shrink the photo to fit on the blog, but you can view a full-sized version here. Michigan State also provided a picture of Butler and the team in a more regular pose, along with a photo of coach Mark Dantonio introducing Butler to his players.

According to MSU athletic director Mark Hollis, Butler will also be at Spartan Stadium Saturday for the Illinois game.

(So does Michigan try to answer this by getting Hugh Jackman to visit their team?)

UPDATE: Butler also visited the MSU basketball team, who held their Midnight Madness Friday night at the Breslin Center. Coach Tom Izzo introduced him, asking the crowd "What is your profession?"

Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 1:35 am

The Spartan King is going to be in Spartan Stadium?
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 2:38 am

Yes, and supposedly he is going to go on the field at ask the stadium fans "What is your profession?" (according to tweets - don't know if it's true)

It's on tv tomorrow if anyone wants to tune in. I think it's a morning game (11 am maybe?) I'm not sure if it will be telecast in my part of the country. In any event, the game that I'll be watching tomorrow is a night game.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 8:49 am

Dallas wrote:
I wonder why he is in Lansing and attending these events. Please note that the article confirms that he will be at the game tomorrow.
Since when is he a football (especially college football) fan? There has to be a reason for the visit....
*Save the comments about coeds....I mean another reason!*

Well in that case....no comment.

My high school team was/is the Spartans too.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 9:48 am

Dallas wrote:

(So does Michigan try to answer this by getting Hugh Jackman to visit their team?)

What a great idea!!!!

Maybe it would start a trend. Every team it's own actor (or appropriately dressed imitation, thereof ). As a mascot, it would beat the heck out of a guy in a fuzzy critter suit.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 11:27 am

yeah. actors don't make enough money. they need that endorsement cash and publicity. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 2:05 pm

What she said...
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 2:19 pm

Well I don't know if it's true or not, but one of the MSU students tweeted that the school paid Gerry $100,000 to appear at their school. That's quite a chunk of change.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 2:52 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's true, but it would make sense why he was there and how they got him there.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 3:26 pm

Is there a reason?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 3:30 pm

WHAT! That's awful (if it's true).

Why on earth would he need to sink to Paris Hilton's level and take appearance fees????
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 3:35 pm

As a graduate of Hazelwood East High School, I'll have Butler know that I was a Spartan when it wasn't cool to be a Spartan. We even had...HAVE... the correct colors - burgundy and gold. Not pea green and white. What kind of Spartan colors is that, anyway???

Yet he no come visit my school or my class reunion. Then again, I'm not gonna pay him no money. He should feel honored to visit. In fact, he should pay us. :p
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 3:39 pm

Tru dat, and if he wants to add SJSU Spartans, go for it. I'm sure my friends who are alumnis (and I hope to be one too) will be very happy.

On the other hand, I might like to see some other spartans...Tom? Michael? anyone?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 3:45 pm

Let's not forget David Wenham.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 6:36 pm

sami_stardust wrote:
yeah. actors don't make enough money. they need that endorsement cash and publicity. lol!

Shucks, you know I was joking.

On the other hand, I think some actors would do anything to play to a stadium full of spectators. Is there a team called the Former Stars?
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 6:41 pm

i was joking, too, shar. Wink
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:14 am

It would have been impressive if he had done it for the joy of it. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 1:53 pm

We can't assume that the thing about the $100,000 is true. An MSU student mentioned it in one of his tweets yesterday, and then this mysterious blogger reported it on his/her blog (a blog I'm still trying to find the link to), and then it went to sites and message boards such as JustJared and IMDB, and now it seems to have taken on a life of it's own.

If Gerry was paid to appear, if they offered him the money and he accepted, actors do this all the time. Convention appearances, etc. the actors are almost always paid to attend. The amount that MSU student mentioned seemed rather steep to me, but hey if someone offered me $100,000 to make an appearance I'd take it!

Then again, the student might have been saying it as a joke, tweeted about it and didn't think that it would be taken that seriously. That's why I really want to know the link to this blog. I posted it in the "General Gerry" portion of this forum, and based on what I've read of the blog they have not gotten their information from reputable sources, but rather formed their own assumptions as well as taken things completely out of context from posts on Twitter and possibly fansites and gossip threads.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:37 pm

Based on my experience in PR, most people of Gerry's fame would ask for a fee for an appearance like this. I have no idea what kind of fee GB would command. Hell, I even had washed up athletes ask for thousands of dollars to speak at charity events.
It's not surprising that he got paid some kind of fee for this, if it is true.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:56 pm

i noticed on another thread where the school had been asking him to do it since 2007? that makes it sound like he was compensated in some way. you certainly wouldn't ask someone to do something like this for free?
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 10:06 pm

Lainey chimes in. Love her or hate her, you have to love her predictability. I find it oddly comforting, kind of like Butler and his night clubbing....something certain in an uncertain world.

http://laineygossip.com/Gerard_Butler_at_Michigan_State_University_homecoming_weekend_18oct10.aspx?CatID=0&CelID=0

Spittle and the Spartans

King Leonidas spent the weekend at Michigan State University this weekend. It was homecoming, and he was all over it. Midnight Madness on Friday night and then the football game on Saturday and he led the marching band and thanks to all of you who have written to tell me about it and each and every one included a reference to avoiding his spray. This made my life.

Spittle got down with the locals too. Some say he didn’t change clothes overnight between the basketball and football games and that he was seen at an off-campus party where I’m sure, totally totally positive, that he stayed far, far away from the co-ed ass offering that was likely readily available.

Thanks to Katie C for sending in a few of the photos below. I laughed for 10 minutes straight and still can’t help it over the one with him and the mascot. And the videos are all over YouTube. Click here and you’ll see a million links.

Back to top Go down
luvthatgerryjuice
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 3:31 pm

Dallas wrote:
Lainey chimes in. Love her or hate her, you have to love her predictability. I find it oddly comforting, kind of like Butler and his night clubbing....something certain in an uncertain world.

http://laineygossip.com/Gerard_Butler_at_Michigan_State_University_homecoming_weekend_18oct10.aspx?CatID=0&CelID=0

Spittle and the Spartans

King Leonidas spent the weekend at Michigan State University this weekend. It was homecoming, and he was all over it. Midnight Madness on Friday night and then the football game on Saturday and he led the marching band and thanks to all of you who have written to tell me about it and each and every one included a reference to avoiding his spray. This made my life.

Spittle got down with the locals too. Some say he didn’t change clothes overnight between the basketball and football games and that he was seen at an off-campus party where I’m sure, totally totally positive, that he stayed far, far away from the co-ed ass offering that was likely readily available.

Thanks to Katie C for sending in a few of the photos below. I laughed for 10 minutes straight and still can’t help it over the one with him and the mascot. And the videos are all over YouTube. Click here and you’ll see a million links.

I dont know if any of you remember a soul song called "Its a Thin Line between Love and Hate?" I'm totally convinced that Lainey is really in love with GB but is expressing frustration that he's out of reach!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 6:41 pm

The old saying comes to mind, "Methinks thou protest too much." I think you might be right, LTGJ.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 9:28 am

Today is Mizzou's homecoming game. The UNDEFEATED Tigers take on the Oklahoma Sooners. My question....

WHERE'S OUR CELEBRITY MASCOT???
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 11:18 am

Tigers are on the way to extinction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans   '300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'300' Star Gerard Butler Visits MSU Spartans
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: Gerry Sightings/Latest News-
Jump to: