The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1

Go down 
+12
LegoJulie
pamelajane
Helena
Dallas
LadyNOLA
Oggy
Birdseed
greyeyegoddess
Nay
Steph
Leo
DonnaKat
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:21 pm

I'm sorry to hear your news too, Alice. That job certainly wasn't meant to be, eh? You are meant to be doing something else, something more fulfillling.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 7:06 pm

Alice, I'm sorry it didn't work out but heck ... "We'll employ you IF you pay for everything yourself" doesn't sound like a great start to me, Insurance industry or not.

Julie, Obama is a military man? He doesn't strike me as one when I look at him. But hey, that's from a non-American citizen. Quite contrary to his Nobel-Peace-Prize-winning persona isn't it? I somehow think he would have a battle on his hands if he tried anything in Australia. We are suspicious of most outsiders and I would classify him and his Administration as that.

Now Tiger just goes from one bad situation to another. Since his MIL's ambulance ride, I am actually feeling sorry for the putz. Come clean or run away for a while, Woodsie. The only way to save any face is to own up to your indiscretions ... and stop trying to live up to your name in the bedroom!

Hello PJ! How's the patient? The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 166223
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:05 am

Obama is incompetent when it comes to the military. Thus why he can't make a decision and avoids them as long as he can. He has no respect from the armed forces from what I have heard from friends in the military who hate that he is their Commander In Chief. They have vowed to defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic, even if that includes the Prez. Kind of interesting when you think about it. Despite one's political beliefs, at least the military respected Bush and knew he had their back. I feel for those in the military right now. They are between a rock and a hard place.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 4:19 am

It's a political stance thing. The liberals tend to be against military actions, which is what Obama is supposed to be, and the conservatives tend to be for military actions. I really thought US troops would all be coming home within a year of Obama taking office. I'm really surprised he hasn't pulled them all back or make serious exit strategies.

That other post was sarcasm, Nay. You have sarcasm where you live?

Yes, Dallas, we have many domestic enemies, some of whom hold very high offices.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 7:41 pm

Yes Julie, I have oodles of sarcasm where I live. I just don't always have an Australian English/American translater by my side.

Dallas, I know a young Australian woman fighting as a US Marine in Iran. Her mother, a close friend of mine, worries about her every day. There never seems to be a winner in war, unless it is industry and the idealism of freedom.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 8:19 pm

Nay, I'd love to hear some Aussie sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 5:02 am

Me, too!

Wars result in losers all around. Strategic onquest and utter subjugation is how you get things to change.

I'm trying to enjoy pre-Christmas but it's not working.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:01 am

Nay wrote:
PJ! How's the patient? The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 166223

Thanks for asking, Nay, when I finish singing I Am Women for the "thousanth" time, I'll let you know. When does that start working?
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 4:41 pm

Dallas wrote:
Obama is incompetent when it comes to the military. Thus why he can't make a decision and avoids them as long as he can. He has no respect from the armed forces from what I have heard from friends in the military who hate that he is their Commander In Chief. They have vowed to defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic, even if that includes the Prez. Kind of interesting when you think about it. Despite one's political beliefs, at least the military respected Bush and knew he had their back. I feel for those in the military right now. They are between a rock and a hard place.

I really hate that this thread has gone political. I was SOOO hoping it wouldn't, but now that it has..... I have to add my two cents.

a. Not everyone (military or otherwise) truly feels Bush had the military's backs (although, I'm sure in his mind he did)
b. The U.S. Armed Forces don't think as one collective unit that all have has the same political beliefs.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 4:54 pm

I agree with your points. My point (which probably could have been clearer) was to recount what I have heard first-hand through friends in the military. I thought it was an interesting point of view. It is just their point of view, however, and is clearly not representative of all view points.
Regardless, I think that military objectives should not be guided by political objectives - unless we want another Vietnam and our military sacrificing themselves and their lives to take a hill or area(as in Vietnam) only then to be told by bureaucrats to cease and retreat even if it goes against overall military strategy.
If we are going to commit our military to battle, then the military experts etc. should determine strategy, not politicians or public opinion which has limited military intelligence. Again, JMO, and part of the reason Vietnam was such an unpopular war (and considered by many to be a military failure).
In any event, prayers and support is needed for the military during this war, as long as we chose to engage in it.
Sorry for the political bent to this thread, but I wanted to clarify my previous post which was a response to Nay's question.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 5:11 pm

Em and Dallas, it is perfectly fine to have differing political opinions on every policy, procedure and protocol as long as we can voice those respectfully ... as we have done so.

I am not a political being per se but I listen avidly to what politicans say and how they act and I enjoy talking about it with certain people (such as Dallas). Your President Obama simply strikes me as cocky in his mannerisms ... mind you, so did Bush (snr and jnr). Whilst that might not be his true nature, it is his external persona for me. Our PM Rudd is a down to earth Queenslander who has ridden some big waves since taking office. But overall he (and his government) seems to be moving our country capably through economic, natural and environmental crises. It's not often I have a kind word to say about any politican.

Now a change of topic. Here are some examples of classic Australian sarcasm as requested by Alice and Julie .... You'll notice that a number of them are questions from your homeland, ladies!

These were posted on an Australian Tourism Website and the answers are the actual responses by the website officials, who obviously have a great sense of humour.

Q: Does it ever get windy in Australia ? I have never seen it rain on TV, how do the plants grow? ( UK ).
A: We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around watching them die.

Q: Will I be able to see kangaroos in the street? (USA)
A: Depends how much you've been drinking.

Q: I want to walk from Perth to Sydney - can I follow the railroad tracks? (Sweden)
A:Sure, it's only three thousand miles, take lots of water.

Q: Are there any ATMs (cash machines) in Australia ? Can you send me a list of them in Brisbane , Cairns ,Townsville and HerveyBay ? (UK)
A: What did your last slave die of?

Q: Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Australia ? (USA)
A: A-fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe . Aus-tra-lia is that big island in the middle of the Pacific which does not .... oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Kings Cross. Come naked.

Q: Which direction is North in Australia ? (USA)
A: Face south and then turn 180 degrees. Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.

Q: Can I bring cutlery into Australia ? (UK)
A: Why? Just use your fingers like we do.

Q: Can you send me the Vienna Boys' Choir schedule? (USA)
A:Aus-tri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is .
oh forget it. Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night in Kings Cross, straight after the hippo races. Come naked.

Q:Can I wear high heels in Australia ? (UK)
A: You are a British politician, right?

Q: Are there supermarkets in Sydney and is milk available all year round? (Germany)
A: No, we are a peaceful civilization of vegan hunter/gatherers. Milk is illegal.

Q: Please send a list of all doctors in Australia who can Dispense rattlesnake serum. (USA)
A: Rattlesnakes live in A-meri-ca which is where YOU come from. All Australian snakes are perfectly harmless, can be safely handled and make good pets.

Q: I have a question about a famous animal in Australia , but I forget its name. It's a kind of bear and lives in trees. (USA
A: It's called a Drop Bear. They are so called because they drop out of Gum trees and eat the brains of anyone walking underneath them. You can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking.

Q: I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth. Can you tell me where I can sell it in Australia ? (USA)
A: Anywhere significant numbers of Americans gather.

Q: Can you tell me the regions in Tasmania where the female population is smaller than the male population? (Italy)
A: Yes, gay night clubs.

Q: Do you celebrate Christmas in Australia ? (France)
A: Only at Christmas.

Q: I was in Australia in 1969 on R+R, and I want to contact the Girl I dated while I was staying in Kings Cross*. Can you help? (USA)
A: Yes, and you will still have to pay her by the hour..

Q: Will I be able to speak English most places I go? (USA)
A: Yes, but you'll have to learn it first.

BTW: It turns out that an absence of the ability to recognise sarcasm is a symptom of frontotemporal dementia, or Pick's disease. The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 646968
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 5:56 pm

that actually made me laugh out loud, nay! thank you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 5:58 pm

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 646968 The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 646968 The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 646968
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 6:28 pm

ooooo, those were good! I love the "will I see kangaroo" question.

Yes, I did notice, and do realize that there are some dumb Americans. I had that experience first hand when I went to London in 2000 with a bunch of college kids. Oh dear....
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 5:47 am

Nay wrote:
Australian snakes are perfectly harmless, can be safely handled and make good pets.
See that, Sheila? Just go outside and pick up and pet those brown snakes. Steve Irwin (RIP) lied on his show about deadly snakes.

Didn't you post those Q&A's somewhere on this forum before? I've read them here before.

Those don't feel like Australian sarcasm. Just regular sarcasm.

As far as stupidity goes, think about this: half of the population of the world belongs in the below average half.

Now, where do I get me one of those Drop Bears?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 5:58 am

Visit Australia and I'll arrange for a Drop Bear, Julie.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:44 am

When I have about US$10,000.00 to throw away I'll consider it. Long flights aren't my thing either. I have a hard enough time with 4-hour flights I don't think I can manage 14 without losing the rest of my sanity.

Put the Drop Bear in a box and drop it my way.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 12:40 pm

Nay wrote:
Visit Australia and I'll arrange for a Drop Bear, Julie.

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 646968 The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 646968 The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 646968
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:56 am

No can do, Julie. Wild animals cannot be boxed and shipped.

Huge gum trees are needed for Drop Bear dropping. Buy a sturdy helmet and save your pennies. Laughing
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 8:05 pm

No one has posted all day???? affraid

I tried to get on the Pantry during my lunch hour at work today, only to discover the stupid company firewall has blocked it!

Grrrrrr....

Last edited by DonnaKat on Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:55 pm

Well I can't speak for anyone else, but I've been busy with last minute prep for Christmas and travel.

That, and I had to frantically clean up all the wine and alcohol bottles all over Gerry's apartment before he returned (earlier than planned) and busted me for having a party at his place while he was gone. You can only blame so much on the dog.....

Luckily, my ninja skillls saved me and I was out and back in Texas before his key hit the lock.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 2:03 am

I was doing Chrismassy stuff too.

Blame Gman, he's not doing anything either..lol!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 2:31 am

Dallas wrote:
I had to frantically clean up all the wine and alcohol bottles all over Gerry's apartment before he returned (earlier than planned) and busted me for having a party at his place while he was gone. You can only blame so much on the dog.....

Luckily, my ninja skillls saved me and I was out and back in Texas before his key hit the lock.
I tried to do my bit, Dallas! The artist dragged out the 'nude' portrait session as long as he could!

But even though he knew it was for a raffled charity prize, Senor Butler had ants in his leopard print y-fronts!! (snigger) Perving
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 2:54 am

I only have one question: why was I not invited to this party?
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 5:49 am

There was a party?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next