The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerry singing karaoke

Go down 
+4
Nay
kayanne
sami_stardust
Dallas
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Gerry singing karaoke Empty
PostSubject: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:48 pm

I posted this in the Gallery as well as I wasn't sure where it needed to go. Enjoy.

Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:06 pm

thanks dallas!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:11 am

Did he point out that they were filming toward the end like he wanted someone to tell them to stop?
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:34 am

I'm not sure. Either that, or he was asking for his camera or for someone to take pictures of Michelle and Demi (he points to them dancing and singing). He makes a "forget it" motion with his hand, like the person couldn't hear him and understand what he was saying. Then he looks to his right at someone off stage and asks them if they were filming it? I got the impression he just wanted to get it on tape for himself and the crew.
You can see flashes going off and pictures being taken, and Gerry even smiles and points at someone and you can see their phone either taking a pic or filming....
So I'm assuming he wasn't trying to get them to make people to stop filming...?

Did you see Michelle rocking it out on the microphone and dancing like a head banger? Demi was behind her. Michelle was blocking her most of the time, but you can see her near the end. Gerry kicks it up a notch when he gets a microphone in front of him. Otherwise, he almost looked a little bored at times!
Also, the guy behind Gerry that was hanging on him.....Gerry's expression was priceless.

Last edited by Dallas on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:51 am

What a laugh! MM was really into it. He looked a little uncomfortable at times but generally having fun with the chorus.

Here's how it should be done:

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:54 am

Nobody can rock it like AC/DC.
I know I've said this before on this forum, but my sister and I rocked out to the DVD of AC/DC Live at Donington one Christmas Day. Santa gave it to her sons for Christmas. It was blasting on her 60 inch big screen hooked up to a major surround sound system.
The house was rocking. The kids were going nuts. I was dancing and shaking it like it was 1991....(Michelle had nothing on me in that video)

And then my mother shut it down.....Sad

I think Gerry should sing AC/DC's "Big Balls" the next time he does karaoke.
I would piss myself if I saw video of that.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:58 am

LOL Dallas! That sounds like so much fun.

Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 10:26 am

didn't gerry say in an interview last year that he hated ac/dc? that's part of what made me laugh about this one!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:50 pm

*gasp* He hates ACDC?

I spit upon his musical tastes then! Humfph Gerry singing karaoke 642267
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:27 pm

trying to remember what interview that was in. seems like he made the comment that ac/dc made him homicidal. lol!
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 6:01 pm

Quote :
What's that movie where Gerard Butler orders his wife around, even after he's dead? P.S. Make Me Dinner or something?

http://twitter.com/jamesodinwade/statuses/19286774225
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:06 pm

sami_stardust wrote:
seems like he made the comment that ac/dc made him homicidal. lol!

I hope they kept all sharp objects and steak bones away from him after he finished karaokeing.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:45 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:28 pm

Sami, I remember that article and thought the exact same thing when I saw the video.

BTW- he said it made him suicidal, not homicidal - luckily for the other karaoke singers....
(and for someone who hates techo, he sure goes to a lot of places where they play it. I take this interview with a grain of salt.)

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/butlers-mood-music_1110314

Butler's Mood Music
GERARD BUTLER uses music to help him prepare mentally for emotional movie scenes - because hard rock bands like AC DC drive him to tears.

The actor admits certain bands and genres are guaranteed to put him in the right frame of mind to tackle tough tasks onscreen - and his picks are often unorthodox.

Butler tells WENN, "I have done it for movies, especially when it's an emotional scene. To really put you in the mood, definitely. Techno makes me want to cry. Hard rock. AC DC made me want to cry or shoot myself, one of the two."
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:35 pm

thanks for finding that dallas! i was gonna try to hunt it down, but i hadn't gotten around to it!! see? i wasn't losing my mind! lol!!!
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:57 pm

I remember when that article/comment first came out. Didn't Nay get her panties in a twist over the AC/DC comment back then? I remember everyone putting in their two cents, but I'm too lazy to look up the thread. I just remember that I thought the same thing about the techno comment then, as I posted now, and I didn't understand how he could love The Stones and make that comment about hard rock and AC/DC.

Maybe he meant heavy metal.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 2:49 am

With karaoke, sometimes you do sing or sing along with songs you don't like.

Our Comcast has a karaoke channel (not sure if all Comcast has it) and I've been going through it, playing around, singing songs. Sometimes, I'll even sing songs I don't like and would probably never listen to on the radio, just because they are there. So, it's not far off to say that Gman could sing a song he really doesn't care for, for the sake of the group.

Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 4:24 am

Dallas wrote:
I remember when that article/comment first came out. Didn't Nay get her panties in a twist over the AC/DC comment back then?
I have no recollection of that knicker knottedness.

But it sounds like me. Gerry singing karaoke 357855
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:25 am

I hope I don't get Nay's knickers in a twist again when I say I am not a big fan of AC/DC. Maybe I can redeem myself. My friends and I don't do karaoke as a group but this is the song we do the most. As we get older, we find we are shouting as we twist for a different reason!
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:43 am

kayanne wrote:
I As we get older, we find we are shouting as we twist for a different reason!

LOL!! i know the feeling this week!
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 4:02 am

TMZ has picked it up. At the link is the same video and also a pic of Gerry and Demi singing.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/23/gerard-butler-demi-moore-michelle-monaghan-karaoke/

Wonder who supplied the pic?
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 3:38 pm

More pics:

http://wycd.radio.com/2010/07/23/celebrity-sightings-exclusive-photos-of-two-big-hollywood-stars-singing-karaoke-at-a-bar-in-garden-city/#more-25220
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:06 pm

More pics here:

http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/gerard-butler/gerard-butler-and-demi-moore-karaoke-night-detroit-392190

The guy with the long braids (you can see one of his braids on his shoulder) singing with Gerry in the fourth pic is Jerome Butler - his dialect coach who is on set with him.
You can see him in another pic from the set (with the tornado destruction) talking/working with him.

I'm crossing my fingers that his accent in this movie will sound authentic - or at least American.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:01 pm

This video and the accompanying photos have really gone viral, haven't they?

Jeepers, he's only singing ....... he could be playing a violin ... or playing with a violinist. Wink
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:24 am

JJ is late to the party.

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/07/25/gerard-butler-karaoke-with-demi-moore/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerry singing karaoke   Gerry singing karaoke Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gerry singing karaoke
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next