The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

About Gerard's Behavior

Go down 
+8
Nay
KristieW30
Geranimal
pamelajane
sami_stardust
andrea
greyeyegoddess
kayanne
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

About Gerard's Behavior Empty
PostSubject: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:18 pm

My guyfriends know about my interest in Gerard and his fandom and they ask for updates daily. I know the ex lurks on JJ because it's some funny stuff.

Tonight one of my friends asked me what I would think about him if he acted like Gerard. He is 41, single and attractive. He could probably get some girls to randomly kiss him on the streets. And he could be a player. But as he said, he would worry about diseases and stuff. He hasn't had a girlfriend in about a year, btw.

What would you do if you friends were acting like this? I would personally kick their asses!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 12:54 am

Er, they probably wouldn't be my friend very long. In fact, I usually drop them.

Players are needy and selfish. I can't put time into that kind of personality.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:24 am

I personally cannot think of one single person who acts like Gerard. It's beyond belief. That's why I have guys lurking on fan boards. they just can't believe it when I tell them!
Back to top Go down
andrea
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 7:33 am

kayanne wrote:

What would you do if you friends were acting like this? I would personally kick their asses!
I would just do the same !
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:52 am

a man in "real" life with that behavior wouldn't be able to get away with it.....he wouldn't have any friends and certainly no girlfriends. celebs can get away with it, tho, and therefore do. we excuse their actions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:12 am

So true about getting away with it because he's a celebrity, Sami. It's amazing that the rules of decorum are different for them because they simply think it's so.

And I wonder if Gerry had a "normal" life, he would be acting like he does.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:17 am

honestly? i don't think the rules are different because THEY think so, but because everyone else allows it. no matter how rude or ill mannered most celebs act......fans still support them and excuse and even condone the behavior. we "real" people wouldn't be allowed that luxury. just like little kids...if folks are allowed to get away with something....they keep on doing it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Geranimal

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:00 pm

Our culture does allow bad behavior in males more than females but I think that's changing.

Would I be friends with some one who acts like Gerry? Since I only know what the media has presented and I don't know him personally, I assume it's understood that he is, in fact, a womanizer, player, ladies' man, man whore, etc. Judge not, list ye be judged, or something to that affect.

Believe it or not, I think most men will act the same way as Gerry if they had the opportunity, resources to, money, fame, looks and sometimes none of the above.

I think Gerry operates from a different culture's mindset about sex. Some don't see it as a big deal. My problem is the danger factor. I've even heard Gerry say he always practices safe sex, whatever that is.

Being friends with a guy that behaves like that, maybe, it's about respect more than anything else, but I'd insist he keep that "thing" away from me in this day and age! There'd be no FWB, if you know what I mean.

Ger
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:28 pm

I am not sure about the most men part. Most of my guy friends tire of the party lifestyle easily. We spend our times hiking, playing disc golf and watching lots of sports! Some have girlfriends, some don't. But they all want to get married and settle down when the time is right.
Back to top Go down
andrea

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:48 pm

kayanne wrote:
I am not sure about the most men part. Most of my guy friends tire of the party lifestyle easily. We spend our times hiking, playing disc golf and watching lots of sports! Some have girlfriends, some don't. But they all want to get married and settle down when the time is right.

I am sure he will get settle one day but If that ever happens I wish him luck and noone plays with him...
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 7:43 pm

I will be very surprised if one day he settles, but I will be very, VERY happy.
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:17 am

I'm sorry but men will tell you what you want to hear much of the time. You have to learn how to decide which is the truth and which is bull. That's the Ugly Truth, no pun intended.

I would be very surprised if Gerry ever gets married. If he did, he'd have to do a complete turn around or it wouldn't work. The only women that will accept a party boy as the father of their kids are not exactly the cream of the crop and have their own agendas. His partying days would be over unless he married someone who didn't mind it.

He's going to have more women around him than ever now and he'll either get tired of it all eventually, which he could I suppose, or he'll just keep on doing what he's doing. My problem with that is I think it's a dead end life and could eventually hurt his career. He could wind up in trouble with someone. What if he accidently had a one nighter with a girl and later found out she was underage or something? Just things like that. Because of his fame, there will be all kinds of opportunities for things like that to happen. He's a smart man but he lets his "needs" dictate his behavior and he could wind up falling prey to something bad.

I'm not saying that he needs to get married and have kids and all of that but I do believe he needs to slow down on the woman chasing front. If he is looking for Ms. Right, he's not going to find her like this and the ones he does consider relationship worthy will just see him in the press doing his thing, being in his "element" and write him off.

If I was his "friend" I'd be giving him an ear full but then he'd probably start blocking it out anyway.

Alan has always seemed like such a stable, down to Earth guy. I've wondered how much he's lectured Gerry.

Ger
Back to top Go down
andrea

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:33 am

wow yeah your right Ger...or he ends up with a girl which says hes pregnant from him and he doesnt know if its true or not...him sttling down that will take a long time...if he ever does...
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:48 am

So far, he's managed to evade that scenario but he could get careless. He knocks up a girl and she can prove it's his, he'll be stuck for life paying. I'm sure he's knows this but what worries me about Mr. Butler is he appears to have little restraint when it comes to women. It's almost like an addiction!

Maybe I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt here. He is, afterall, forty and not twenty. I don't act my age either. Some of them brain cells should be carrying some of the wisdom of middle age to some degree you would think. Smile

Ger
Back to top Go down
andrea

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 11:20 am

his brain cellls are somewherelse sometimes... About Gerard's Behavior 69678
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 11:50 am

Yeah, I know just where they are too and they're not always in his brain. They migrate. About Gerard's Behavior 400217

Ger
Back to top Go down
andrea

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Geranimal wrote:
Yeah, I know just where they are too and they're not always in his brain. They migrate. About Gerard's Behavior 400217

Ger

they migrate downunder lol.... jocolor About Gerard's Behavior 66831
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:54 pm

andrea wrote:
Geranimal wrote:

Ger

Yeah, they've flown south for the winter but never returned to their indigenous habitat! About Gerard's Behavior 646968

Ger
Back to top Go down
andrea

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:58 pm

Geranimal wrote:
andrea wrote:
Geranimal wrote:

Ger

Yeah, they've flown south for the winter but never returned to their indigenous habitat! About Gerard's Behavior 646968

Ger
heheheheh...... About Gerard's Behavior 415251 About Gerard's Behavior 948224
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 7:01 pm

LOL! GER!!!!

I'm surprised it hasn't happened already, though. You know...
Back to top Go down
KristieW30
Boringly Sane
KristieW30

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-07-13

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 11:54 pm

Well the thing is we really don't know the real Gerry and we never will... But from what the media has presented us with, and from some videos and pictures that have been posted it's really put a damper on my whole veiw of him.
I though he was the perfect man, inside and out, but the things I've read, and have seen have truly taken my veiws on him down more than a few notches, as he's gained some notches on his bed post..ahem I'm just saying that Prince Charming is probably never coming, and that Snow White's probably dead.
None of us are perfect, we have needs, wants, and addictions, and it's our personal choices that make us who we are. I just hope that he looks out for himself in any situation that arises. He's a smart man, so he should be able to keep a handle on things. But I wish that the papp wouldn't spread his bizz all over the internet..but their scum bags so that's what they do.
As for me I'm not giving up on love, but my veiws on the type of person I'm willing to love are changing, no ones perfect, and in this day and age it seems that every guy has a track record. I just don't want a Douche Bag, a want an honest man, who's looking for a real relationship.

Pardon the rant pale
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 5:01 am

Rant away, Kristie. Laughing

Many people here have changed their original summation of GB. I tend to think that we are realistic everyday people, not blind worshippers.
Back to top Go down
andrea

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 am

we are no worshippers here anyway....but to be honest its really boring to talk about his sex life we are not able to change it anyway, who know whats going on in his head anyway....
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:56 am

You know it's made me appreciate my RL better, not that I wasn't already grateful, but I'm even more grateful now. I wonder if it really IS "lonely at the top".

Still luv ya, though, Gerry!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:26 am

If you have something like money, power, fame, prestige, and a lot of people want to date you, you get suspicious whether they want you or your stuff. Makes it hard to find real love and loyalty.

You don't have to have a lot, just more than your date. I once dated a guy who had a little less money than I did, which wasn't much anyway. Among other things, he wanted me to give him one of my rings so he can "give" me a ring without buying one. I'm glad he's long gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About Gerard's Behavior
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerry Shout Out! :: General Gerry-
Jump to: