The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

About Gerard's Behavior

Go down 
+8
Nay
KristieW30
Geranimal
pamelajane
sami_stardust
andrea
greyeyegoddess
kayanne
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KristieW30
Boringly Sane
KristieW30

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-07-13

About Gerard's Behavior - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:57 pm

I agree that I'm more interested about what film he's going to be in next, and his acting career, and not his bedroom antics. I tend to avoid those papp shows as much as possible..but the video where he makes out on the street with a random lady was to much to ignore...wish I'd been her..lol
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:47 pm

andrea wrote:
we are no worshippers here anyway....but to be honest its really boring to talk about his sex life we are not able to change it anyway, who know whats going on in his head anyway....

Which head? What a Face

Couldn't resist....carry on!
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
KristieW30
Boringly Sane
KristieW30

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:12 pm

Yeah I don't worship the man...he's just a good actor, and he's smokin hot! About Gerard's Behavior - Page 2 608320

lol Donna!
Back to top Go down
ktaylor48239
Boringly Sane
ktaylor48239

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:43 pm

O.K.... call me ignorant but I am not aware of any actual proof of him being a man whore except for the persona that is perpetrated for the media. Is he really sleeping around or is that just what everyone assumes and he kinda goes with it? I married a perceived man whore 20 years ago and I can tell you, because he was sooooooo incredibly good looking people automatically assumed he was getting some all the time. I don't know a lot of details of Gerard's personal life so maybe he is a slut. Or..... maybe he's this decades Rock Hudson, all talk but no action. I'm not saying, but I'm just saying
Back to top Go down
KristieW30
Boringly Sane
KristieW30

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:18 pm

That could be true as well, we wouldn't know for sure unless it's from the horses mouth. But the TMZ video of him making out with a random girl on the street, and then the video where he said he had a threesome, has kinda tainted my opinion.
Though he's said that he's gotten less action since he's become famous. Who knows, and we shouldn't care...lol
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 8:17 am

I've heard and read that chipmunk cheeks is one physiclal sign of bulimia. Another is frequent weight fluctuations. Bulimics are usually of normal weights, not bone thin or huge.

Another sign is scars or calluses on fingers or hands from sticking fingers down throat. Haven't looked at his hands. And there's teeth worn by stomach acid, easily disguised by cosmetic dentristry.

They overeat or not eat at all, preferring to eat in private.

GB's chipmunk cheeks and lots of quick weight changes got me wondering.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 9:52 pm

sigh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 5:28 am

Julie, I had a reply for your post and then lost it. So short version:

I know next to nothing about anorexia or bulimia so I have no idea if his weight changes are related. But if he has a serious issue like that, I would hope his friends, those who know him best, intervene or assist him.

Some of the behaviours we have seen over the last year lead me to theorise that someone may be lost, emotionally speaking. I suspect that living in such as superficial environment would deaden most of my senses.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:00 am

The reply monster ate your post, eh? I usually remember to copy the whole lot before I click Send.

I hope GB isn't sick. And if he is, I hope he gets help soon.
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 4:09 am

My apologies in advance for the length of this comment. I don't often comment at length, but I have something to share about the topic of bulimia.

I had a friend in highschool who was bulimic. She was thin, not overly so, and had been anorexic previously before starting with bulimia. The calluses on the fingers and damage to the back of the teeth are definitely a sign - as is swelling in the cheeks and jaw. Comfort foods, like sweets i.e. cakes and cookies are often craved. And my friend would often be hyper and manic.

Anyone who is close to someone with bulimia picks up on the signs and the secretive behavior. I had my suspicions and confronted her. Her mother came to me and told me that the family was already aware of it and she was seeing a doctor. She thanked me for my concern and told me that I was a good friend and had done the right thing. This was a huge relief to me, because I was just a teenager at the time, and it was very hard for me to sit my friend down and have that conversation with her not knowing what the outcome would be.

Bulimia was a symtom of another problem. She had a chemical imbalance in her brain, and was manic/depressive. i.e. Bipolar. The bulimia was a way that she tried to control the imbalance. Some people become alcoholics, some drug addicts and others develop eating disorders etc. You can't treat the eating disorder without treating the underlying cause. They tried, and failed for years.
Long story short, the doctors finally diagnosed her as bipolar and put her on medication - lithium. Her battle started years ago before these types of problems became well known to the public and medical community, thus the cause of the delay in the diagnosis. BTW, her bulimia stunted her growth, and she ended up small - maybe 5 foot 1.

I have always thought Gerry had compulsive tendencies, or was manic/depressive like my friend. His father was an alcoholic, and Gerry has admitted to past battles with alcohol and drugs. Many chemical imbalances in the brain are hereditary.

However, he seems aware of his compulsions, and thus stays away from alcohol and drugs. He also seems to know that he can get carried away with food and must be careful about his diet. He describes himself as an addictive type of personality, and I think that he tries to channel that into work. I just wish he would channel that obsession into his craft and work on his acting skills (and accents) with the same gusto when he is not actively involved in a movie. If he did that on his downtime, instead of spending his days and nights out socializing and living the celebrity lifestyle I think he would grow as an actor. His earlier performances showed a lot of promise, IMO.

As for him having bulimia, I don't know if he does. It's possible, I suppose. I think he definitely engages in unhealthy swings with regards to food, and the cleanses are ridiculous. He seems to have gotten wrapped up in the Hollywood craziness and diet fads, and the body image demands of his profession.

I think if he took a step back from the "celebrity" atmosphere and concentrated on a routine of healthy living with continuous and daily work on his craft he might be able to channel his compulsive nature into a long, successful career as well as a long, healthy life.

He may be someone who can control most of his compulsions without the need of medication (although I think his alleged womanizing behavior maybe just another form of obsessive behavior). I think that often successful or over-achiever type personalities can be obsessive. They could have mild forms of ADD, or OCD or even bipolar disorders, in some circumstances. Or they may just be hyper focused people, who can go overboard if they aren't careful.

I'm Type A and can be very obsessive and driven about things. I also obstain from alcohol except on the rare occasion because I don't want to open myself up to unhealthy habits or possibly become dependant. I can be extreme at times, so I avoid putting myself in situations where I can become extreme in a negative way.

Gerry may be like me in that way - driven with ability to become obsessive - but with more anxiety and insecurity. I have always thought that he is very cocky, but he also behaves as someone who has a lot of insecurities. Those seem to be incompatible, but I think a lot of actors are like that - in part, because of the nature of their profession, but also because of their own inate personalities. Afterall, they have chosen to be in a profession that screams "Look at me! Look at me!" Many seem to need the public acknowledgement for their own self esteem.

So, basically I am saying that I wouldn't be surprised if Gerry has some "issue" that explains his appearance and behavior at times. It's possible and I think it's normal for people to sometimes wonder if someone is going on (unless you have been living under a rock and/or think Gerry isn't human with human flaws and problems). I've seen him coming out of a club with red eyes and a puffy face and thought, "Good grief, that pics screams coke bloat." I hope that that isn't the case, and I hope that something isn't going on, but there have been many occasions where many people wonder what the heck is going on with this guy......and thus this thread.

OR he may just be an obsessive type who has gotten control of some of his past destructive behavior and now is showing signs of that on his face and body as he ages. The years of smoking and sun damage have also taken their toll. Add that to the adolescent, arrested development behavior and that may just be the real explanation of his behavior and appearance. Nothing more, nothing less.

The guy is an enigma.

(edit: spelling)

Last edited by Dallas on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:47 pm

Interesting post, Dallas. A lot to think about.

Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 12:10 am

Don't apologise, Dallas. It was a fascinating post. Thanks for taking the time.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0124930/board/thread/174323435?d=175208447&p=6#175208447

The link above is to an IMDb post by Misty who is also a member here. She gives some real insights into GB's behaviour (and image for that matter), flavoured by her own perceptions of course. Below, I have summarised some segments for you.

He does come off as a bit crass and unrefined, but he's actually very personable and considerate. I was lucky enough to have gotten a role in a film with him that we filmed over summer and he couldn't have been nicer or more patient. At one point he asked if someone could get a fan for me because with the A/C off and the hot lights on me, I was getting really hot and he could tell it was making me uncomfortable. Most actors couldn't care less about the comfort level of the principal actors they're working with that day. Anyway, he's easy to work with, even though he can be a bit of a perfectionist in many ways. We practiced one part of a scene for a couple hours and it's about a fifteen second act. As for his accent, he does come off less stilted when he uses his natural voice, but he spent a LOT of time with a dialect coach and it seemed to be improving over previous uses of an American accent.

He's a handsome guy, has a fun personality, can be intense in ways and while he plays hard, he works harder. I think a lot of what he says and does is taken in a slightly-out-of-context manner. He has a pretty racy sense of humor, but that's just him. I certainly never felt uncomfortable or estranged being alone with him and the entire time he was very professional.

I admit that I am not an expert. Also, I'm not around the guy 24/7, I just had some days that I spent with or near him on set and in his trailer where we were rehearsing some. He was busy conducting business and tried to finish up and not have interruptions, which I thought was very considerate of him.

So in short, I just want everyone to know that sometimes the public persona doesn't quite match who the person really is. It's bits and pieces of that person with a magnifying glass and ten spotlights on it, whether those things are good or bad. You end up with things like him hugging an actress in celebration of getting a difficult scene finally done and he's showing his womanizing side. You get a shot of him calling out to a PA that we need more water in the coolers and suddenly he's berating the staff.

Anyway, I'm not trying to like defend anything he's ever done, I just wanted to say that having BEEN in the situation where I was 'stuck alone in a room' with him, he WAS a gentleman. Sure, he might have used language we might consider crass or something depending on the person, but he was nothing but considerate and professional the entire time. He never once acted inappropriately or made me uncomfortable with his actions. He treated me as a person, and spoke with me, not at me. That's something that quite a few 'big name' actors don't always do.

In short, she raises the idea of obsessive behaviour in the professional setting, crass humour and private versus public persona.

This has potential to be a really intriguing debate.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:06 pm

I've met him and I can say he's nice upfront, but he still can be crass or rude if you're not up to speed with him. You can either take it as a joke or not.

Like most people, I wouldn't doubt that his work persona is different than his casual persona.

But first impressions stick.

I know you can't please everyone, god knows I can't seem to lately.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:30 pm

greyeyegoddess wrote:
I've met him and I can say he's nice upfront, but he still can be crass or rude if you're not up to speed with him. You can either take it as a joke or not.
What do you mean by 'up to speed with him', Alice?

Quote :
But first impressions stick.
True dat.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 7:59 pm

Nay wrote:
greyeyegoddess wrote:
What do you mean by 'up to speed with him', Alice?

I remember at the last comic convention Gman was at, and we were at, that a couple of admiring fans were a bit star-struck and overwhelmed when they got up to ask Gman a question at his panel. Well, I think that type of personality doesn't sit straight with Gman, and he went off on the fans, making jokes at their expense. It's very nerve racking asking a question with a microphone, among 6000 people, and seeing yourself on a 50 foot screen. It was for me years ago.

It's like, if you don't react favorably, or don't join in the fun, Gman will take that and make more fun of it for the rest of the audience.

Class clown personality.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 8:38 pm

Based on what I've seen, IMO Gerry has a very strong personality and it can be intimidating for those who aren't ready for it. I know people like that, and I'lll admit I have that sort of strong personality myself. It isn't so much that we're necessarily trying to be mean, but we come across that way. I've found myself doing that and have to check myself, then I feel bad afterwards if I thought I have hurt the person. The best way to deal with those types of personalities is to "hold your own" and don't back down...not necessarily the way a starstruck fan is prone to act. You might think that it will cause the person to hate you, but most times it has the opposite effect (as long as it's done in the correct amount of moderation, depending on the person).
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About Gerard's Behavior   About Gerard's Behavior - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About Gerard's Behavior
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2