The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerard Butler's in the buff for new film - about Scots bard Robert Burns

Go down 
+2
greyeyegoddess
DonnaKat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Gerard Butler's in the buff for new film - about Scots bard Robert Burns Empty
PostSubject: Gerard Butler's in the buff for new film - about Scots bard Robert Burns   Gerard Butler's in the buff for new film - about Scots bard Robert Burns Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:52 am

Given the "questionable" nature of the source, I've decided to put this in "unofficial" news until confirmed.

Jan 24 2010 Toby Mcdonald, Sunday Mail

DARING Gerard Butler will bare all in a sensational film about Robert Burns.

The film's director, Vadim Jean, admitted 40-year-old Butler is set to thrill fans because the film will explore our bard's raunchy reputation.

"Gerard and I are both totally committed to the film," said Jean.

"There's plenty of sex and nude scenes in it.

"He was a notorious rake of his time. We are not whitewashing Burns by any means.

"He was a complicated character and to do justice to his story is not a simple thing."

Fellow Scots Brian Cox and John Hannah are lined up to appear, although a female lead has yet to be cast as Jean Armour, the poet's great love.

The £5million movie will be shot on location in Ayrshire and Edinburgh.

Most of the budget, which includes investment from Scottish Screen, is already in place. The remainder will be raised by signing up 250 "subscribers".

Vadim Jean sprang to fame as the director of cult classic Leon the Pig Farmer and went on to work with Ewan McGregor in the 2006 film, Scenes of a Sexual Nature.

Butler's next film to be released is The Bounty Hunter, where he stars opposite Jennifer Aniston.

He is due to begin filming Shakespeare's Coriolanus, with Ralph Fiennes, this spring in Europe.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler's in the buff for new film - about Scots bard Robert Burns   Gerard Butler's in the buff for new film - about Scots bard Robert Burns Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:28 pm

I love John Hannah.

This should get the fans riled up, no?

It doesn't really say that he's playing Burns though, does it.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler's in the buff for new film - about Scots bard Robert Burns   Gerard Butler's in the buff for new film - about Scots bard Robert Burns Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:55 pm

IMDB has him listed as playing Burns.

I hope that they don't make this a cheesefest. I could be a really good movie, if done correctly. And I question the comment about all the sex and nude scenes. Gerry never really does them in detail. If he decideds to go all out on this film, it will be the first.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler's in the buff for new film - about Scots bard Robert Burns   Gerard Butler's in the buff for new film - about Scots bard Robert Burns Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:58 am

Quote :
Most of the budget, which includes investment from Scottish Screen, is already in place. The remainder will be raised by signing up 250 "subscribers".
Here it is! Fans will now have a chance to be part owners of a Gerard Butler film!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler's in the buff for new film - about Scots bard Robert Burns   Gerard Butler's in the buff for new film - about Scots bard Robert Burns Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:57 am

Pass...
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler's in the buff for new film - about Scots bard Robert Burns   Gerard Butler's in the buff for new film - about Scots bard Robert Burns Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:04 am

Dallas wrote:
IMDB has him listed as playing Burns..

Ahhh...that place on imdb that I don't visit because it's a mess...got it!
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler's in the buff for new film - about Scots bard Robert Burns   Gerard Butler's in the buff for new film - about Scots bard Robert Burns Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:47 am

How do you think the Scots will take this? I know Burns wasn't a saint, but to the Scots, he was their Bard. I'm wondering if the people who already gave money to this film, know what the content of this film is. It doesn't sound like the wee ones will be able to see this one, either, if, indeed, this is all true.

And as far as the 250 subscribers, many of GB's fans have asked to be a subscriber, but they were already turned down. But, could you see them running around the set, all producer-like? They would certainly be "hands on"!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler's in the buff for new film - about Scots bard Robert Burns   Gerard Butler's in the buff for new film - about Scots bard Robert Burns Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:21 pm

Too hands on, PJ. I hope that subscribers are asked to pay a HUGE amount so that it cuts out the "I love GB" brigade.

As to the Burns project, let's hope it is rooted in fact and truth, rather than a fictionalised, sensationalised Hollywood-ish film. They are representing a legend in his own country, not just a comely, horny little daddy factory.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler's in the buff for new film - about Scots bard Robert Burns   Gerard Butler's in the buff for new film - about Scots bard Robert Burns Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:03 am

yeah, who are they going to make the movie for, the fans of Gman or fans of Burns?

I still think he's too old to play Burns.

He once described his 'sex' scene in 300 so rambunctious, and yet we were left with what we saw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler's in the buff for new film - about Scots bard Robert Burns   Gerard Butler's in the buff for new film - about Scots bard Robert Burns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1