The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Ranting Thread

Go down 
+25
andrea
jherriot
sami_stardust
AimeeMarie
celticwhisper
GerrysJewel
Misty
LadyNOLA
beguild
pamelajane
Dallas
kimmy67
gindolin
Oggy
Nay
Lemuria
Sharabella
SuZQz
Helena
Steph
LegoJulie
Birdseed
greyeyegoddess
Leo
DonnaKat
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 1:26 pm

Well, I woke up hoping to hear that Hunger had not been part of the Golden Globes nominations...nothing! Pooh! Well, that means that more than likely, it won't be touched by the Oscars.

Michael has many good years ahead of him. He'll get there. But I'm not worried. As long as he wins the British awards and Irish awards.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 8:43 am

Got up for work. Got ready early. Went outside 30 minutes early to dig my car out from under the sheet of ice that was on it. Car door was frozen shut. Went to passenger side. Passenger door was frozen shut. Managed to get passenger door open. Crawled from passenger side to drivers side, while carefully avoiding the parking brake and the manual gearshift. Got car started. Crawled back thru to passenger side, while carefully avoiding the parking brake and the manual gearshift. Went back outside about 30 minutes later. Got driver door open. Scraped. Scraped. Scraped again. Went back inside, got things, went to car to go to work.

Backed out of driveway. No problem. Went to go forward. Slide. Slide. Didn't slide. Drove up street. Stopped at stop sign. Went to turn onto street. Slide. Slide. Slide. Got stuck. Stayed stuck. Stuck in middle of busy street. Went to back back down my street. Slide. Slide. Slide. Stuck. Cursing. More cursing. Finally got car front out of busy street. Going to back down street. SUV is coming up behind me. More cursing. Lady in SUV decided to stop and let me back around her (smart lady). Backed down street all the way to house. Tried to pull car into driveway. Slide. Slide. Slide. Lots and lots of cursing. Went forward into street again. Slide. Cursing. Slide. More cursing. Put car into reverse and backed it into driveway. More cursing.

Turned off engine and went into house. Called in to work. My last vacation day, and I'm having to take it today instead of the day after Christmas. I'd curse about that, but that seems sacreligious. So I'll just say BAH HUMBUG.

I HATE WINTER! I HATE WINTER! I HATE WINTER!

Where's the eats? I guess I got a three day weekend.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

Number of posts : 1699

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 1:42 pm

Truffles and hot chocolate with a little rum thrown in....a nice roast chicken with potatoes and string beans...pie...more rum.

Spending time online with your buds....yeah...sounds like a good start. LOL!

Glad you're safe. Give your cats a cuddle.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 2:27 pm

But the rum is gone. Sad

Why is the rum always gone? No
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 2:52 pm

I'd like to blame the woodland creatures for the rum being gone, but I think they are all hibernating.

Anyways, I was picking up my mail on Saturday and noticed those ugly little pre-form notices from the bank...when you go over your limit.

I opened them up and saw that someone had tried to take 1300 dollars from my account...twice. I called the bank but they said that the department that handles that problem is not opened during the weekend. How come? If you are on vacation and have a problem, I guess you have to wait until your money is gone, to get things fixed...that's stupid.
Back to top Go down
Birdseed
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor
Birdseed

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:28 pm

Donna, sounds like you had one hell of a morning. At least you are stuck at home and not at work.

Alice, I hope you are able to fix that problem with the bank. That's alot of money to be out. But isn't that the way it goes. No one is ever around when you need them. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:20 am

They're talking about two more storms this week and an active system from now until Christmas or even beyond.

Not that I mind staying home and not going to work or anything, but I have absolutely NO MORE days to take. No vacation, no sick days...NOTHING. If I can't go in again tomorrow or up through the rest of the year, I don't know what I'm going to do. Sad

Another storm is moving in again tomorrow morning, and what we have already never really got a chance to melt, and what did is now frozen back over. It's so cold outside, the chemicals they've put down aren't even working. No
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 1:38 am

Be careful, you all in the stormy areas.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:00 am

DK--I'm so sorry you are having troubles with the weather. I feel your pain, here, in Northern Illinois. They are being really stingy with the salt/sand this year. The next town from me is so desparate that they are using vodka to melt the snow and ice! Stay safe and warm.
Back to top Go down
Oggy
Oggy

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:18 pm

ARRRRGGGGHHHHH ------

Donna, I am with you Babe. SNOW - Freezing rain - COOOOOOOOOOLLLDDD. It was only 8 degress when I woke up this morning. We got 3 inches of snow yesterday and are due to get another 5-8 tonight. There is snow in the foreskin - oopppss forecast for the next 8 days. Curse you mother nature.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 7:11 pm

Vodka??? Well, at least if your car gets stuck, you can get out and lick the street while you're waiting for someone to rescue you.

I talked to my boss this morning, and she's just going to let me take yesterday off without putting it down as a vacation day. She doesn't seem to think that we should even be GOING to work when it's icy and treacherous like it has been.

On that note, I had THE RIDE FROM HELL home tonight. I made the mistake of getting off on an exit where they hadn't treated the roads. There's a STEEP hill on one of the streets, and I turned there, looked down and said 'oh no uh uh'....went to turn around...and got STUCK. I FINALLY got myself out of the mess I was in (thank you to the COURTEOUS driver in the pickup truck who let me in front, despite the fact that I couldn't control my car the rest of the way home). I slipped and slided all the rest of the way. By the time I got home, I was literally shaking and immediately went to pour myself a glass of wine.

We have yet another storm coming in Thursday. Have I mentioned I hate winter? Mad
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 7:20 pm

Good grief, Donna.
Back to top Go down
Birdseed
Birdseed

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 7:34 pm

It's not worth risking your life, trying to get to work when the roads are that bad. I'm glad you made it home in one piece. Have another glass of wine.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 7:40 pm

Dagnabbit, my car wouldn't start today. The engine starts but there's no push to it. There might be a short. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 7:45 pm

Why thank you, Bird. I think I will have another glass of wine...or two. drunken

Alice, is it the spark plugs?

Why can't I stop eating??? I just finished off what was left of my fried rice from lunch today, and I'm still hungry. I wish I had popcorn.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 7:48 pm

Rice never fills one up...that's probably why you are hungry.

I hope it's not the spark plugs.
Back to top Go down
Birdseed
Birdseed

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:10 pm

I just came back from a Weight Watchers meeting. I was surprised to see that I lost 1.5 lbs. Once I got home, I celebrated by making a pig out of myself. I am so full that I feel sick. So much for will power. Rolling Eyes pig
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:12 pm

LOL, Birdseed! Ain't nothing wrong with that...you were celebrating. LOL!!!

My rant of the day....

(mmm....thought better of it....never mind)

Last edited by Leo on Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:50 pm

Leo? Really?? PMed you. Shocked

This isn't so much a rant as a scratch of the head and tug of the ear lobe ... Has anyone seen the movie "Love in the Time of Cholera" ?

Quite deeply disturbing. Obsession not love, I feel. The end can't come soon enough. Was the book any different?
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:51 pm

LMAO, Nay....I took it out. Don't want any more drama.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:57 pm

Damn...I missed it. No
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:39 pm

It was no biggie, DK.

Someone from our old stomping grounds e~mailed me. I just bugged me, is all.

XO
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:05 am

Psssst .... I know all about it, DK. pirat

He was male, gorgeous, available, spoke several languages and learnt his skills in a bordello BUT Leo couldn't let it continue ............... because his widget was weird.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:19 am

lol
Back to top Go down
Steph
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:49 am

Again with the widgets...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ranting Thread
Page 9 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 33  Next