The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

F. Gary Gray and Gerry on Live Chat tomorrow - Oct 6th

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

F. Gary Gray and Gerry on Live Chat tomorrow - Oct 6th Empty
PostSubject: F. Gary Gray and Gerry on Live Chat tomorrow - Oct 6th   F. Gary Gray and Gerry on Live Chat tomorrow - Oct 6th Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 8:13 pm

F. Gary Gray and Gerry will be on Live Chat tomorrow, Tues. Oct 6th at 10 am pst.

http://www.myspace.com/officiallawabidingcitizen
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: F. Gary Gray and Gerry on Live Chat tomorrow - Oct 6th   F. Gary Gray and Gerry on Live Chat tomorrow - Oct 6th Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:23 am

Thanks for posting this! I found out about it secondhand yesterday and didn't get a chance to check it out until this morning.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the chat is taking place on Ustream:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/law-abiding-citizen#utm_campaign=twitter.com&utm_source=1601274&utm_medium=social

I signed in with my Twitter login to get into the chat room. I think you can also use a Usteam login? Anyway, if anyone else wants to join in...

I'm hoping there isn't a chatroom limit. When Rob Luketic would post something like this, I was never able to get into the chatroom because so many others were there. It was like a bottleneck.

We shall see...
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: F. Gary Gray and Gerry on Live Chat tomorrow - Oct 6th   F. Gary Gray and Gerry on Live Chat tomorrow - Oct 6th Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 3:16 pm

For those that missed it live, I believe you can click on the link and see a recorded video. Please note that before they started, they were running the trailer over and over again. When they went live, the trailer audio was still playing, so you can't really hear them for the first question. The trailer stops running in the background and you hear the rest.

Here's the link:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/law-abiding-citizen
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: F. Gary Gray and Gerry on Live Chat tomorrow - Oct 6th   F. Gary Gray and Gerry on Live Chat tomorrow - Oct 6th Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:17 pm

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/myspace_partners_with_ustream_for_embedded_live_vi.php

MySpace Partners with UStream for Embedded Live Video Chat with Mixed Results

Written by Jolie O'Dell / October 6, 2009 11:30 AM / 0 Comments

F. Gary Gray and Gerry on Live Chat tomorrow - Oct 6th Myspace-ustream1This morning, MySpace users got to see and participate in a live video chat with actor Gerard Butler and director F. Gary Gray through a MySpace promotional page that integrated popular streaming video site UStream.
Due to an unfortunate technical glitch, users ended up hearing the audio from the film's trailer over the interview audio. Overall, the audio was a mess, and UStream/MySpaceID integration for commenting was a popup-ridden, timeout-plagued, fail-inducing nightmare. Nevertheless, as a first-time integration of real-time, interactive video on one of the world's largest social networks, we suppose results could have been worse.

Relatively few users seemed tuned in for the chat, which was posted at several spots on the MySpace page for the movie Butler was promoting, Law Abiding Citizen. By relatively few, we mean that a the chat's UStream page had around 1,000 views, 3 ratings, and fewer than 30 text responses at "press time."
F. Gary Gray and Gerry on Live Chat tomorrow - Oct 6th Myspace-ustream
Neither the "studio" nor the audio, which was fraught with ear-torturing static, were what one would expect at any other kind of press junket. And the MySpaceID integration, which would allow users to comment on the video chat, was far from perfect. Every text comment required a two-click confirmation, but there didn't seem to be any options to have that content duplicated on a user's profile as a status update or bulletin, which might have helped with attracting more users to the chat. Moreover, a few comments we tried to send timed out or simply didn't post.
MySpace is painfully late to the game in integrating technologies such as Twitter, UStream, and other services that could grant the aging behemoth a second wind in terms of reclaiming former users, especially in the U.S.
In general, the ability to conduct real-time, live video interviews might be a great promotional vehicle for entertainment properties, but this effort seemed far too half-hearted to be a successful implementation of the available technology. MySpace, UStream, and the properties they choose to have participate in these kinds of promotions will have to do a much better job of ensuring a glitch-free experience for a larger group of users if these partnerships are to have any meaning in the company's future.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: F. Gary Gray and Gerry on Live Chat tomorrow - Oct 6th   F. Gary Gray and Gerry on Live Chat tomorrow - Oct 6th Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:45 am

Simply put, it was a hot mess.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: F. Gary Gray and Gerry on Live Chat tomorrow - Oct 6th   F. Gary Gray and Gerry on Live Chat tomorrow - Oct 6th Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:32 pm

And probably because everyone was AT the premiere. Why do a chat the same day your fans are going to be AT the premiere?

DUH!
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: F. Gary Gray and Gerry on Live Chat tomorrow - Oct 6th   F. Gary Gray and Gerry on Live Chat tomorrow - Oct 6th Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:34 pm

Probably a good thing trying out a new thing with not so many people. If everyone else got on they might have crashed altogether.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F. Gary Gray and Gerry on Live Chat tomorrow - Oct 6th   F. Gary Gray and Gerry on Live Chat tomorrow - Oct 6th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

F. Gary Gray and Gerry on Live Chat tomorrow - Oct 6th
Page 1 of 1