The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Law Abiding Citizen Trailer On-Line

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Law Abiding Citizen Trailer On-Line Empty
PostSubject: Law Abiding Citizen Trailer On-Line   Law Abiding Citizen Trailer On-Line Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 3:10 pm

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/08/77493/
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Law Abiding Citizen Trailer On-Line   Law Abiding Citizen Trailer On-Line Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 3:32 pm

Hmmmm ... I don't want to make sweeping judgements based on one teaser trailer but this didn't look as gripping as I thought it would be.

Maybe the script has been messed with; maybe the tension can't be felt in 30 seconds; maybe the acting needed weight.

Still, it will make a welcome change from rom-coms.
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Law Abiding Citizen Trailer On-Line   Law Abiding Citizen Trailer On-Line Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 5:32 pm

Looks like the movie follows the Darabont script, at least generally. One difference is that it looks like (from the trailer) that his family is killed in front of him.
So far, it still looks good to me. It looks like he is going for "subtle" crazy instead of overacting. And his accent seems better than in TUT.

Maybe this one will make up for TUT and Gamer (which is staring to look mediocre to me. But I'm still hoping that it will be a good action flick).

BTW - it kind of startled me when he called his daughter pumpkinhead at the begining of the trailer. That is what I called my neice when she was little - not pumpkin (which I know is common) but pumpkinhead. Is that common and I didn't know it? I've never heard anyone else use it until this trailer (and right before, presumably, the little girl was killed).
It stunned me and creeped me out a little.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Law Abiding Citizen Trailer On-Line   Law Abiding Citizen Trailer On-Line Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:29 am

Dallas, I am not aware of too many people calling anyone 'pumpkinhead' ... poopy head maybe, or potato head, or butthead (which I was and continue to be very fond of). Law Abiding Citizen Trailer On-Line Grin-2

Now as to LAC, I'll stick by my summation until I can see the whole movie or until more teasers come our way. The script and lead acting will make or break it for me, regardless of the violence. I want to be angry at the ADA yet be fearful for him. I want to feel pity for Clyde and yet look at him with loathing. I want to be surprised and even shocked.
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Law Abiding Citizen Trailer On-Line   Law Abiding Citizen Trailer On-Line Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 5:27 am

That's a tall order, Nay.

I just want a smart script. I want it to be believable when he goes from a broken, grieving man, to anger and wanting justice. But there needs to be something extra to push him from revenge on the actual killers to becoming a sociopathic mass murder hell bent on killing those in the system as well as collateral damage. That might be a plot hole for me.

I want him to be frightening and believable without any overacting. I don't want it to just be angry, crazy "Shattered/BOAW" Gerry with explosions and bodies thrown in. Fortunately from the trailer it looks like he'll be the opposite: quietly creepy and menacing. That is good because there is less chance to overact with a still character, than a loud one, imo.

And lastly, I want an accent that doesn't distract me or cause spittle.

BTW: I would enunciate and called her pumpkinhead properly. But sometimes the drawl came out and it was shortened to punkin' head or punkin'. It made her laugh wildly as a baby, as she grabbed my hair with both fists and flailed like a Crazy Pumpkinhead. The name stuck and it still slips out on occasion.... I'm sure to her horror.

edit:spelling

Last edited by Dallas on Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Law Abiding Citizen Trailer On-Line   Law Abiding Citizen Trailer On-Line Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 6:00 am

Mine is a TALL order??

Wowsers Dallas, you have just made a very daunting list for Butler to deliver.

Are you sure he can do it? I know that you feel the accent issue so keenly .... heh, heh. Laughing

PS. She grabbed your hair? I hate that. Little fingers hurt. My uncle called me 'Squirt' when I was little ....... younger I mean.
Back to top Go down
Oggy
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor
Oggy

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Law Abiding Citizen Trailer On-Line   Law Abiding Citizen Trailer On-Line Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 1:12 pm

Nay and Dallas at their best....
I have heard of punkinhead before.. We always called Bennett.."benbug".

I was lovingly known as "stretch" because I grew so quick and now that I am tall and beautiful...muuaaaahhaaaaa.

I'm back..
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Law Abiding Citizen Trailer On-Line   Law Abiding Citizen Trailer On-Line Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 6:00 pm

Hey Stretch, good to have you back on deck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Law Abiding Citizen Trailer On-Line   Law Abiding Citizen Trailer On-Line Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Law Abiding Citizen Trailer On-Line
Page 1 of 1