The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another TUT clip - Blowing you off

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Another TUT clip -  Blowing you off Empty
PostSubject: Another TUT clip - Blowing you off   Another TUT clip -  Blowing you off Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 12:54 am

http://www.hollywood.com/feature/Exclusive_Clip_The_Ugly_Truth_Blowing_You_Off/5662137

Seriously, I think I've seen half the movie by now.......

*his accent in this clip was all over the place. It distracted me.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Another TUT clip - Blowing you off   Another TUT clip -  Blowing you off Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 5:07 am

I think you're right D about seeing all the movie.

I really have a hard time with the accent. Why can't anyone just make a movie for a Scot?
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Another TUT clip - Blowing you off   Another TUT clip -  Blowing you off Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:54 am

Why can't an American guy have a Scottish accent? This country is full of immigrants and children of immigrants who speak with accents.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Another TUT clip - Blowing you off   Another TUT clip -  Blowing you off Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 3:48 pm

Well, they aren't paid to sound like someone else...it's not their job.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Another TUT clip - Blowing you off   Another TUT clip -  Blowing you off Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 7:26 pm

LegoJulie wrote:
Why can't an American guy have a Scottish accent? This country is full of immigrants and children of immigrants who speak with accents.

I agree. The character doesn't have to be a Scot. It could be an American with a Scottish accent, i.e. an immigrant etc. Or he could just be a Scot living in America. It doesn't matter. Sean Connery always sounded Scottish in every role and half the time they didn't explain it.

Gerry just can't do an American accent to save his life. I thought from a few TUT clips that maybe it was getting better. But then I saw this clip and another one in which he talked for a length of time and it just distracted me. I don't know if he has a bit of a speech impediment or what. Other Scots can do a pretty good American accent, but Gerry just can't seem to nail it. It always seems forced and his mouth seems contorted, more so than just his normal side-talking, The talking out of the side of his mouth isn't as distracting with a Scottish accent. But when combined with an American accent it seems almost comical to me and it seems like he is lisping or something. Add to that some wierd movements of his mouth while he tries to force the American accent and his mouth is just all over the place and it's speaking some accent from all 50 states combined...

Maybe someone else has noticed it and can explain it better. It just looks unnatural to me. Question

edit for spelling

Last edited by Dallas on Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Another TUT clip - Blowing you off   Another TUT clip -  Blowing you off Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 8:55 pm

He needs Jamie Bamber's speech coach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another TUT clip - Blowing you off   Another TUT clip -  Blowing you off Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another TUT clip - Blowing you off
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: Gerry Movies :: The Ugly Truth-
Jump to: