The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Empty
PostSubject: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:39 pm

Hollywood Charity Auction is auctioning off the following:

• Two Tickets to the LA Premiere of THE UGLY TRUTH; July 16, 2009
• Two Tickets to the after-party
• Tax deduction for every dollar over $500 bid

The bidding starts at $699, but it says "reserve not met". If you want to "buy it now", you can get it for the mere price of USD 1,999.00.

Details:

Have Questions about the Auction or Us? Read our FAQ at: http://www.theBroadcaster.com/faq.html . Also read our Winning Bidder Comments at: http://www.theBroadcaster.com/raves.html

The battle of the sexes heats up in Columbia Pictures' comedy "The Ugly Truth." Abby Richter (Katherine Heigl) is a romantically challenged morning show producer whose search for Mr. Perfect has left her hopelessly single. She's in for a rude awakening when her bosses team her with Mike Chadway (Gerard Butler), a hardcore TV personality who promises to spill the ugly truth on what makes men and women tick.This package contains:

* Two Tickets to the LA Premiere of THE UGLY TRUTH; July 16, 2009
* Two Tickets to the after-party
* Tax deduction for every dollar over $500 bid

Note: Due to some recent defaults in payments by bidders, we have instigated the following new policy: ALL MAKE OFFER WINS REQUIRE IMMEDIATE PAYMENT VIA GOOGLE CHECKOUT or AMEX, NO PAYPAL. ALL OTHER WINS REQUIRE PAYMENT WITHIN 1 DAY OF CLOSE OF AUCTION. FAILURE TO DUE SO WILL RESULT IN A BAN FROM THE SITE AND A PLACEMENT OF ACCOUNT INTO COLLECTIONS.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:47 pm

wow...wonder how long that will be opened...
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:00 pm

The auction ends Wednesday. I just sent Rob Luketic a tweet asking him to verify it's authenticity.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:20 pm

I meant, I wonder how long until it's bought...
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:27 pm

No one has bid yet. I sent a message to the auction owners asking if they could tell me what the reserve is, because I was thinking on bidding on it myself. Since it's for 2 tix, I could split the cost with someone. Of course, that would mean canceling my trip to ComicCon, but then again if the price is right, it might be cheaper to go this route. I know the flights are a lot cheaper.

Then again, as soon as the fans get wind of this, the bids will go crazy I'm sure. I wonder how long it takes before GALS gets wind of this. If people don't know how to auction properly, they will jack the price up far beyond the "buy it now" price...and far beyond what it's worth.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:44 pm

yup...
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:52 pm

The auction owner won't give me the reserve price. She said "bid up to what you can afford". I responded by saying that what if I bid and win, only to find I'm not up to the reserve? I don't want to be legally bound to purchase the package. I'm waiting to see if anyone else bids and how much. In fact, I don't see bids/bid amounts on any of the items, so I wonder if they even list the bids, how much the bidding is up to, etc. I know Ebay does, but if you back out of a winning bid you risk damaging your 'reputation' as a buyer. I don't know if this is like that or not.

I don't understand not posting the reserve anyway. I mean, they posted how much it would be to 'buy it now'...what's the big deal? They would be saving themselves a whole lot of trouble if they would post up front what the monetary expectations are. I never bid on 'reserve not met' items for that reason.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:09 pm

Yeah, I never got the reason for that. Why put up a reserve and not tell it? It's deceitful. Either put an amount you want for it, or let the bidders do their work.

I know Ebay explained the whole reserve thing. Sometimes, people don't know how much they want or how much the item will sell. If they don't get what they want the first time, they could sell the item for a different price.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:57 am

It looks like the auction ended early. Someone named "Sandy2004" purchased it with a buyout.

Well, I certainly wasn't going to pay $1999.00 USD for the package. Why would someone do that and not let the auction run it's course? I'm sure it probably wouldn't have gone THAT high.

Probably a Gerry fangirl or something. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:17 pm

maybe...who knows...

I figured it wouldn't last long...

If it was a fan, well, let's just say that I'm sure she's excited, but after parties aren't all that.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

Number of posts : 1699

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:20 pm

Looks like the premiere won't be at Graumann's either. Good thing I held off booking a hotel, lol!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:14 pm

I am astounded that anyone has that type of money to throw around for a raffle/auction in current times. Bordering on absurd.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:55 pm

There are few people out there who do have kind of money to spend. To each their own.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:57 pm

All that money spent, and yet there will still be some fans who will crash the after party and get to go for free...or at least in exchange for a 'favor' or two.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 4:05 pm

That be true.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 4:06 pm

Sexual favors?

LOL!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 4:19 pm

It happens. The security guard, etc. makes a deal with a chick or chicks that if she/they do something for him/them, he'll let them in.

I've heard of it happening to get backstage after rock concerts. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens at premiere after parties too.

I can also tell you that 'call girls' are also hired for these parties to 'service' the guests.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:07 pm

My breakfast just rolled over in my stomach. The many ways in which people degrade themselves never ceases to astound me.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:15 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
It happens.

I can also tell you that 'call girls' are also hired for these parties to 'service' the guests.

*Scratching my head*

Yeah, no doubt...however, I would imagine most of the men there are hot looking and can get anyone they want, so why go that route? Unless they're in a relationship and just want a knee trembler in the back, no strings attached.

Notice how this thread has gone south....quickly! LOL!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:39 pm

There were some 'professionals' at the TIFF after parties. Not only did I hear that Piven was with some, but my cab driver who took me from the airport to my hotel was telling me the same thing. He had been a cab driver for many years and knew a lot of stuff.

You want to know the skinny about something, talk to the cabbies. They see/hear/know a LOT.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:44 pm

Leo wrote:
Notice how this thread has gone south....quickly! LOL!
DK did it. She knows hos. Shocked
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:45 pm

I don't know the ho's, but I saw the ho's. You couldn't miss them. They looked like ho's.

That's all there is there ain't no ho....mo.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:51 pm

Yo.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:56 pm

In all seriousness, Canada has some of the most beautiful women in the world.

Can't blame Jeremy for sampling some of that buffet, lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix   The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ugly Truth Premiere and After Party: charity auction for 2 tix
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: Gerry Movies :: The Ugly Truth-
Jump to: