The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Take only what you need!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sky_fitsheaven
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
sky_fitsheaven

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Take only what you need! Empty
PostSubject: Take only what you need!   Take only what you need! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 10:12 am

Just went through a fire evacuation in my neighbourhood. Cop told me I would have 5 minutes if they came knocking at my door. To prepare I packed all my stuff. I loaded another bag with some books and some DVDs, and somehow all of my Gerard Butler (and Simon Pegg) DVDs ended up in there. Seriously, I was going to take Wrath of Gods only but panicked at the last minute and stuffed them all in there.

I think Gerry should buy me a fire-proof house for thinking of him in my hour of need.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Take only what you need!   Take only what you need! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:08 am

wrong thread

Last edited by Leo on Fri May 01, 2009 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Take only what you need!   Take only what you need! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:44 am

isn't it interesting to see what you would take if you only had a few minutes to pack? We had a real deal on NYE this year...pack everything you want in your van and not come back until it's safe.

Yeah, I think dvds actually made it in the van with me, assuming I would watch them on my computer. I think they were already in the van, though. But I don't keep any of the dvds in their cases. They are in a dvd folder.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Take only what you need!   Take only what you need! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:55 am

I'd be gathering up my furbabies first, then my laptop. CD's and DVD's would probably be the next on the list, though...or maybe my TV. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Take only what you need!   Take only what you need! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 12:20 pm

yeah, my laptop went, even though it wasn't working at the time.

clothes, tolietries, pictures.

Since I had traveled a lot, I had a lot of stuff still packed. I still do.
Back to top Go down
sky_fitsheaven
sky_fitsheaven

PostSubject: Re: Take only what you need!   Take only what you need! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 2:12 pm

greyeyegoddess wrote:
isn't it interesting to see what you would take if you only had a few minutes to pack? We had a real deal on NYE this year...pack everything you want in your van and not come back until it's safe.

Yeah, I think dvds actually made it in the van with me, assuming I would watch them on my computer. I think they were already in the van, though. But I don't keep any of the dvds in their cases. They are in a dvd folder.

Everything else was pretty much standard - a hockey bag full of clothes & such, the laptop bag, and then I hit the "stuff I don't really need but will drive me nuts if I don't take" phase. I ended up throwing in a ton of DVDs that took me frackin' ages to get my hands on (which pretty much account for about 2/3 of the GB movies I own plus *ahem* The Covenant), my e-book reader, and a book that I'd gone to great lengths to get from Ireland and is damn near impossible to find.

It would have hurt to leave my books behind. I ached every time I realized I might not be able to take them all.

I still think Gerry should buy me a fire-proof house, though.
Back to top Go down
sky_fitsheaven
sky_fitsheaven

PostSubject: Re: Take only what you need!   Take only what you need! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 2:15 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
I'd be gathering up my furbabies first, then my laptop. CD's and DVD's would probably be the next on the list, though...or maybe my TV. Smile

That's funny - I couldn't get home when the evacuations first started so I called and said, "If you save anything, save my laptop. It's in a gray bag in the bedroom."

No furbabies. My last one went to the great meadow in the sky back in March, which is kind of good because if we had been told to get out they would have made us leave her behind, which probably would have resulted in my arrest.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Take only what you need!   Take only what you need! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 2:19 pm

I actually didn't worry about a tv. You can always stay somewhere that will probably have tv. And if it was a big disaster, you probably couldn't watch tv anyways.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Take only what you need!   Take only what you need! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 2:32 pm

Good point, Alice. Okay, so I was thinking the one TV I have weighs less than 10 lbs. Laughing

As far as my pets go, I don't leave without them. Them's the rules, take it or leave it. The only way I'd leave them behind is if I couldn't physically get to them (God forbid).

Laptops, DVD's, etc. can be replaced. Lives cannot. And since I have no human children of my own, they're they closest thing I have to a family - in my house, at least.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Take only what you need!   Take only what you need! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 3:37 pm

Sky, you are a funny lady. Somehow I think DK could identify with the 'resulted in my arrest' pearler.

For me: Photo albums. Photo albums. Photo albums. External hard drive. No room for Butler, sorry.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Take only what you need!   Take only what you need! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:37 pm

lol, Nay!

Computer is as good as photos, with hard drive, as all my pictures and videos are on one of the hard drives. But I did grab the few photo albums I had with me.

I wouldn't bring dvds if they weren't already in my car...lol! Yes, all the "things" can be replaced. I'd just rather not have to replace my laptop again. Already did once, when it was stolen out of my car. I was depressingly frantic for days. Still pissed at the thief.

But yes, first and foremost, my family I would get, so I understand furbabies, even though I don't have any. I know DK's babies are her family, as she talks about them as much as her friends.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Take only what you need!   Take only what you need! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:50 pm

greyeyegoddess wrote:
I know DK's babies are her family, as she talks about them as much as her friends.

Well seeing as how I have very few friends...and none in my area.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Take only what you need!   Take only what you need! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:15 pm

join the crowd...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Take only what you need!   Take only what you need! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Take only what you need!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerry Shout Out! :: General Gerry-
Jump to: