The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Legend of the Seeker

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GerrysJewel
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
GerrysJewel

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Legend of the Seeker - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:45 pm

Got to see "Reckoning" Season 1 finale. WOW. What did you think of it, greyeyegoddess?

It really showed Kaylan's willingness and determination to put aside her own life to help out Richard when the odds seemed impossible. I liked the story line, totally did not see it coming. But it explained the earlier ep "Sacrifice" about having to kill a newly born male confessor or suffer the consequences.

I can't wait for Season 2! After watching the finale, I went right out to the bookstore and bought Terry Goodkind's first three novels of the "Sword of Truth" series that the series is based on. I figure if Terry's series is good enough for a TV Series, it's good enough for me.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:51 pm

I did...and I'm kind of lost...

They did what they had to do, and I feel deflated. What's next for season 2, when everything is done in season 1?

I mean, it was great, and I'd watch it over again. i still have to watch the ones I missed.

I'm definitely going to see where the show is going to go now.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:56 pm

I also think I was just getting used to Darken Rahl. He's good at being bad. Those guns on the actor...hot! But nothing compares to Richard in the water. He needs to get wet more often.

The acting is superb. I love Zed.
Back to top Go down
GerrysJewel
GerrysJewel

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:24 pm

I do agree with you, GEG. I was thinking the same thing about everything having closure if it's only season one finale. I am truly hoping and praying there'll be a season 2. The book series has many books. 12 that I saw, there may be more, so maybe they have other scenarios up their sleeve.

I kinda like Darken Rahl too - he really plays a great villain. Understated yet powerful. Soft spoken and deadly. THe one thing that irks me about actors playing the bad guy is when they over-act, trying to convince us they are evil. That turns me off, actually. Craig Parker does not do that, so he has caught my attention. And those eyes are not bad either. The series is very well casted.
Back to top Go down
GerrysJewel
GerrysJewel

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:07 pm

I'm bummed the season is over. Now I watch all the reruns. LOL

Anyhow, this show is based upon a series of books by Terry Goodkind called "The Sword of Truth" series.

I did some research. This series has 12 books so far!!! Terry's website has a forum and one strictly for "Legend" and another for the books.

So I got to a thinkin'...A dangerous past time, I know....

I thought, if I enjoyed the show so much, why not read the books? The series had to be popular and good enough for them to base an entire TV series off it, so that says something. I also have gotten familiar with the main characters - so I felt safe about starting to read them. I bought the first trilogy and am on the first book now, "Wizard's First Rule". I have to say, I'm loving it so far (I'm on chapter 7 - I think).

Last edited by GerrysJewel on Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
GerrysJewel
GerrysJewel

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 6:45 pm

YES!!!! bounce Doin\' the Wave

LEGEND OF THE SEEKER” TO PREMIERE SECOND SEASON WEEKEND OF NOVEMBER 7TH IN NATIONAL SYNDICATION

EPs ALSO ANNOUNCE NEW SERIES REGULAR TABRETT BETHELL AT COMIC-CON
CHARISMA CARPENTER TO GUEST STAR IN SEASON PREMIERE

July 23, 2009
The captivating, action-adventure series “Legend of the Seeker” will premiere its highly-anticipated second season the weekend of November 7th, it was announced today at the 2009 Comic-Con International Convention during a panel led by executive producers Ken Biller and Ned Nalle and featuring Terry Goodkind and Bruce Spence. Shot with the exotic and rugged New Zealand landscape as its backdrop, the weekly series has resumed production on 22 all-new action-packed episodes. Combining elements of fantasy, adventure, magic, mystery and romance with state of the art visual effects and a high level of action, “Legend of the Seeker” is an adaptation of internationally best-selling author Terry Goodkind’s Sword of Truth book series.

You have NO idea how estatic I am over this news, I just had to share. Legend of the Seeker - Page 2 718795
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 2:50 am

I'm just realizing that I've missed half the episodes so I'm catching up with the reruns.

I still missed Ted Raimi's episode.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Legend of the Seeker
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2