The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

True Story! Australian Animals Are Dangerous

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

True Story! Australian Animals Are Dangerous Empty
PostSubject: True Story! Australian Animals Are Dangerous   True Story! Australian Animals Are Dangerous Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:39 am

MAN WRESTLES KANGAROO IN CANBERRA HOME

17:02 AEST Mon Mar 9 2009

Not a bird, or a plane, but a kangaroo has crashed through the bedroom window of a Canberra family's home before terrorising its unsuspecting occupants.

The family, from the suburb of Garran in Canberra's south, were awoken in the early hours of Sunday when their pet dog began barking from the garden.

Moments later, a kangaroo burst through a three metre high window of the house's master bedroom and onto the bed where Beat Ettlin, his partner Verity Beman and their nine-year-old daughter Beatrix lay.

"My initial thought when I was half awake was: it's a lunatic ninja coming through the window," Mr Ettlin said on Monday. Ninja - love it!

"It seems about as likely as a kangaroo breaking in."

While the family took refuge under the blankets, the injured animal proceeded to jump on top of them, gouging holes in the furniture and smearing blood all over the walls.

The next thing Mr Ettlin heard was his 10-year-old son Leighton screaming from his bed: "There's a 'roo in my room!'"

"I thought, this can be really dangerous for the whole family now," the 42-year-old said. They can kill if they kick you.

A chef, originally from the Swiss city of Stans, Mr Ettlin followed the thrashing and bleeding two metre tall marsupial and wrestled it into a headlock before dragging it down the hallway and out the front door. This would be freaking harder than it sounds.

Left wearing just his shredded underpants and with scratch marks on his leg and buttocks, Mr Ettlin described himself as "lucky".

"I had just my Bonds undies on. I felt vulnerable," he said. I wear Bonds - just thought you'd like to know that!

As quickly as it had come, the kangaroo vanished into a nearby reserve and the family reported the intrusion to police and wildlife authorities.

Ms Beman praised her husband's courage and said she didn't know many men who would go head-to-head with a kangaroo.

"I think he's a hero, a hero in Bonds undies," she said.

Therefore, the moral of the story is only heroes and heroines wear Bonds ...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/769036/man-wrestles-kangaroo-in-canberra-home
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

True Story! Australian Animals Are Dangerous Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Story! Australian Animals Are Dangerous   True Story! Australian Animals Are Dangerous Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:32 pm

Nay wrote:
The next thing Mr Ettlin heard was his 10-year-old son Leighton screaming from his bed: "There's a 'roo in my room!'"

Where there's a Roo, there's a Tigger............ True Story! Australian Animals Are Dangerous 514922
Back to top Go down

True Story! Australian Animals Are Dangerous
Page 1 of 1