The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prayers for those in Australia

Go down 
+6
beguild
Nay
DonnaKat
Leo
LadyNOLA
pamelajane
10 posters
AuthorMessage
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Prayers for those in Australia Empty
PostSubject: Prayers for those in Australia   Prayers for those in Australia Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 8:41 pm

I know I should've checked the other threads first, but I had to tell Nay that my thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Australia who are suffering from the wildfires. How awful!

Dear Nay, I hope you and your loved ones are safe and will contiue to be so. God Bless.

Hugs,
PJ
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for those in Australia   Prayers for those in Australia Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 9:56 pm

Nay, I worried about you today too. Were you or anyone you know affected?
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for those in Australia   Prayers for those in Australia Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 10:57 pm

I read only today how devastating those wildfires are. Areas of Australia reached a record one hundred seventeen degrees. That, topped with gusty warm winds are perfect conditions to cause this catastrophe. I read about people being found in their charred cars, burned beyond recognition, probably trying to flee the fires. Kids....to be burned to death is the WORST way to go. I pray that smoke inhalation took them out before the flames. The terror so many of these residents must be feeling right now......I cannot imagine.

The power of prayer is greatly needed right now.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for those in Australia   Prayers for those in Australia Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 11:17 pm

My thoughts are with the people in those areas now.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for those in Australia   Prayers for those in Australia Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:05 am

Thanks one and all for your thoughts and prayers. We are rallying as a nation and as a community. I have no-one, family or friends, in the affected bushfire areas but it still impacts on every Australian.

May I also state that many of these Victorian fires were the works of arsonists (still to be caught). The ferocity and speed at which Mother Nature then unleashed her power was what ultimately destroyed lives and properties, and in some cases, entire little communities.
People could not be warned because as soon as the information would go from the SES and Fire Brigades the wind would change and the direction of the fires would be affected. Many people lost their lives in absolute fear and despair, trapped in their homes and cars, saving the lives of others or their animals. Some also died because visibility was so poor that they crashed their escaping cars.
The death toll is already presumed at over 200 and is set to rise because whole areas have not been searched. A morgue has been set up and the worst burnt may never be identified. Families cannot as yet return to their descimated homes because they are considered a crime scene by Police.

It is now considered the worst natural disaster in Australia's recorded history but, as non-Australians, you may not be aware - there are more blazes in New South Wales and a major flood currently occurring in Northern Queensland.

Praise must go the incredible work and bravery shown by the rural fire brigades and volunteers under such extraordinary circumstances. They are the true heroes.

The lesson is to value what you have as it could disappear at any time and without warning.

The following link is worth a read for anyone interested: http://au.news.yahoo.com/full-coverage/victorian-bushfires/-/5308184/victorian-bushfires/

The photographs are from our national newspaper 'The Australian'. http://www.news.com.au/gallery/0,23607,5037339-5006020-27,00.html

Prayers for those in Australia Th_vicbushfires2Prayers for those in Australia Th_vicbushfiresPrayers for those in Australia Th_vicbushfires3

Prayers for those in Australia Th_vicbushfires1

Last edited by Nay on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Photo links were not evident.)
Back to top Go down
beguild
Random Babbler
beguild

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for those in Australia   Prayers for those in Australia Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:53 pm

Oh Nay, I continue to shed tears over the ugliness of some people(hic). When the beastards are found they should be gagged and slowly burned with cans of sterno just so they know what awaits them in Hell!
I pray for you and your kin, and a person so wonderful should be touched by such evil. I love you truly and pray that the end is near and the massive task of cleaning and rebuilding can begin, both physically and emotionally healing so greatly needed.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for those in Australia   Prayers for those in Australia Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:10 pm

I'm so glad to hear that you and your friends and family were not victims of the fires, Nay! I can only imagine what a sad, shocking time it must be for everyone in Australia. Your country is in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
Misty
Random Babbler
Misty

Number of posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for those in Australia   Prayers for those in Australia Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:51 pm

Nay, my thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone in your country. What a tragedy, and all because of the stupidity of some people.

*hugs*
Back to top Go down
http://www.inspiredreality.forum777.com
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for those in Australia   Prayers for those in Australia Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 3:12 am

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts, prayers and kind words. Collectively, people are coming forward in amazing ways.

The Salvation Army has raised millions since "Black Saturday" as it is now named as have Red Cross and others.

It seems doubly heart wrenching to have these disasters occur during a time of such financial hardship.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for those in Australia   Prayers for those in Australia Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:19 pm

My prayers are being sent to all those affected by the fires. It's horrible.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Birdseed
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor
Birdseed

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for those in Australia   Prayers for those in Australia Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 7:14 pm

Love and prayers are being sent out from Canada to Australia.
Back to top Go down
Ciuineas
Boringly Sane
Ciuineas

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for those in Australia   Prayers for those in Australia Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 1:44 pm

I am so very saddened by this. My heart is crying out for all of those that have been devastated by it all.

My prayers of comfort and the easing of all the pain being endured by so many, is constant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for those in Australia   Prayers for those in Australia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prayers for those in Australia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Pantry Member Stuff :: Prayers and Thoughts, Birthdays and Anniversaries, Well Wishes and Dedications :: Prayer Requests and Special Thoughts-
Jump to: