The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The first time I noticed Gerry

Go down 
+12
Peege88
dimensioner
kimmy67
Steph
ladyremi
Helena
Lemuria
DonnaKat
Leo
greyeyegoddess
Meretean
LegoJulie
16 posters
AuthorMessage
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

The first time I noticed Gerry Empty
PostSubject: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 11:06 am

The first time I noticed Gerry was in Timeline. He was cute with a cute accent.

I was pleasantly surprised to see him in Phantom of the Opera because he can really sing! A lot of actors think they can sing, but this guy really does. Cool!
Back to top Go down
Meretean
Boringly Sane
Meretean

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 11:34 am

Gerry who?

Yes, I'm an alien

I don't think Jensen Ackles can sing ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.stevebacic.com
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:11 pm

Attila was my experience, although it wouldn't be until POTO came out, and a bunch of Brendan Fraser fans were posting all kinds of other celeb pictures...and one posted a POTO pic with an Attila pic, that I would wind up on Gerry sites.

One actor led me to another, and another has led me to a third.

~alice
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

Number of posts : 1699

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 1:09 pm

Erik. Thunderbolt. The most powerful sexual attraction I've ever felt.
Back to top Go down
Meretean
Boringly Sane
Meretean

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 2:53 pm

After checking Gerry's filmography, I realise I saw him in Dracula 2000 - but I was keeping my eyes on Nathan Fillion Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.stevebacic.com
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 8:05 pm

AHAHAHAHA!! lol!

Nathan Fillion made a fine looking priest, didn't he?

Gerry looked so much different in D2000 than in anything else. I had seen that movie a few times and didn't realize it was the same guy.

I think I may have to watch that again tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 8:28 pm

Nathan is a fine lookin' anything... Twisted Evil

~alice
Back to top Go down
Lemuria
Boringly Sane

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 11:23 pm

First time I noticed him was in Lara Croft: Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life.
Back to top Go down
Helena
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor
Helena

Number of posts : 485

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 9:18 am

In an interview...which prompted me to see his movies!.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lenapapadam
ladyremi

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 6:08 pm

Hey HELENA!!!! Razz

Well I first time I noticed Gerry was that he was in my bed, all cozy and warm. He looked like an innocent baby you go GLAH GLAH for. *sighs*
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 12:22 am

LOL!
Back to top Go down
Steph
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 6:13 am

Leo wrote:
Erik. Thunderbolt. The most powerful sexual attraction I've ever felt.

DITTO!!!

I borrowed POTO from the library just because it looked like an interesting movie...I had no idea who Gerry was. But the moment he reached through that mirror and the infamous

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH!!!!!!!

blared on the screen, I was completely taken. Still gives me chills! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Joyful

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:48 pm

I have a neice that was in thalled with POTO but she never asked me to watch it with her. I never noticed Gerry until PSILY. As they fought going up the stairs I realized that was the man of my dreams since I was a teen!

Last edited by DonnaKat on Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : This user has been deactivated.)
Back to top Go down
kimmy67
Random Babbler
kimmy67

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 7:53 pm

Dracula 2000 got me hook, line, and sinker!!! Gerard's eyes mesmerized me...when I went to bed that night all I could envision was his eyes...and his outstretched hand.....and I was done! I had to see more of him...I just bought 300 and PS I Love You...can't wait to watch them this weekend!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/felinefancy
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 8:22 pm

You picked some good ones, Kimmy! D2000, although I know it's "cheesy", is still one of my favorites as far as the sexy goes.

I haven't been involved in this fandom that long, either. Just a little over a year, actually. Someone on another forum turned me on to 300 last year and I rented it - not for Gerry per se, but because I was told it was a good movie. I watched it through two times in less than 12 hours, and loved it! I didn't actually know that it was the same Gerry Butler that was in D2000, Timeline, Phantom of the Opera, etc...until someone told me. So I started renting his other stuff (some of which I had actually seen before). He's such a chameleon, sometimes you just don't recognize him. Wink

You picked some good choices, but let me personally recommend Phantom of the Opera to you. It was POTO that made me really, really take notice. If you want to see sexy, mesmerizing, seductive Gerry (aka D2000-like), then POTO is for you. Between D2000 and POTO, you will have some very, very nice dreams (or at least daydreams...LOL).
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 8:23 pm

I'm moving this thread to "Personal Feelings About Gerry", because I feel it's more appropriate there.... Wink
Back to top Go down
dimensioner
Boringly Sane
dimensioner

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:33 pm

I had already seen Dracula, Tomb Raider and Attila before PotO, but I hadn't made the connection (he looks pretty different in these films). So I came out of the theatre crying from end and wanting to know more about this guy who played the Phantom so amazingly. To learn that I already knew him was an epiphany. Since then, I try to see all of his film, he's the one big obsession I have had now for years (only my general obsession for PotO goes further back, almost 20 years)
Back to top Go down
Peege88
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
Peege88

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 11:28 pm

Let me add my two cents to this post since I joined the forum late:

I first took notice of Gerry in "300" although at the time I wasn't taken with him right away. His character fascinated me, and then I wanted to follow up and discover who the actor was behind the character.

A little research and a movie rental later led me to "P.S. I Love You"--I was thrown! Well, only because he resembled nothing like the guy in "300". He IS a chameleon!

I realized, too, that I had seen him in other movies; had even seen "Tomb Raider" in the theater and didn't remember him. Same for "Dracula 2000". Wow.

Ok...I'm not totally astounded by his acting, but I give him the benefit of the doubt. (I really wanna see him in something meaty & meaningful) And now that I've fully researched his catalog of work I can safely say that, yes, I enjoyed "Timeline" very much. Fun movie. He looked great. Good acting. I especially loved the bonus features---how fun and hilarious Gerry is off-camera.

I like to see him get emotional like in "Please!". "The Ugly Truth" was an OK start for me in the romantic-comedy genre; however, I wish he'd loosen up a bit more! I understand that Gerry got really tickled during the orgasm scene and that the filmmakers kept his genuine reaction in the movie---and you can tell! That wide smile was for real.

Well, that's how I first noticed him....and since, I've really been entertained by the interviews and the gossip and blogs, etc... He simply causes such a stir out there. Who'd thought it?

I feel as I've had a glimpse into who HE really is, and that keeps me going. Why? I dunno....contradictory stories, bad rumors. I'm more interested in him as a person than in his celebrity. I just hope my faith in him is well-founded and that he is a decent kind of guy (underneath it all)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Peege88
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:54 pm

Thanks Peege. Much of what you've stated has paralleled my own arrival at this point. The real life Leonidas and his spartans grabbed my attention after the movie and I wanted to learn more about the historical event that took place. That then lead me to wondering how the actors prepared for such a role and the rest followed.

In real life, I am not a gushing fan of anyone. I do not fail to see actors' (and indeed people's) shortcomings simply because they are goodlooking, talented or entertaining. The habit some 'fans' have of placing people on pedestal is a potentially destructive one and I have never been open to worship of any kind (other than religious).

I enjoy GB for his bumbling sprints through life, his occasional fine acting moments and, in many ways, what he represents as the antithesis of me.
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:35 pm

The first time I saw Gerry was in Tomb Raider and I thought, "Wow, where's he been hiding?" He had that edge about him, very good actor and not bad to look at.

Then Reign of Fire and I loved the accent and thought he was cute but had a thing for MM at the time.

Then saw POTO and wammo! He hit me like ton of bricks! Then I found out that all of those "cuties" were the same guy.

He always seemed to dissolve in to his characters so adeptly. Not many actors do that other than John Travolta and maybe Gary Oldman.

Ger
Back to top Go down
luvthatgerryjuice

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:04 am

I noticed him in POTO--and I didnt even know if was him until a few years later! It was Emmy Rossums(sic) film so I thought it was her who was going to be the big name!
Back to top Go down
luvthatgerryjuice

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:16 am

PS-I just think he's a very special actor. I dont think there was such a wonderful presence since Clark Gable(I wasnt alive back then but I love old movies)! And he's talented to boot! I wish him the very best of a career.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 3:45 pm

POTO did it for me. I love you And the rest is history.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:58 am

luvthatgerryjuice...it's nice to see you posting! Welcome!
Back to top Go down
luvthatgerryjuice

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 11:38 am

Thanks DonnaKat!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The first time I noticed Gerry   The first time I noticed Gerry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The first time I noticed Gerry
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerry Shout Out! :: Personal Feelings about Gerry-
Jump to: