The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TIFF 2016: Gerard Butler 'would love' to live in Toronto again

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

TIFF 2016: Gerard Butler 'would love' to live in Toronto again Empty
PostSubject: TIFF 2016: Gerard Butler 'would love' to live in Toronto again   TIFF 2016: Gerard Butler 'would love' to live in Toronto again Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 5:01 am

www.torontosun.com/2016/09/14/tiff-2016-gerard-butler-would-love-to-live-in-toronto-again

Gerard Butler felt right at home in Toronto filming The Headhunter’s Calling, a film about a cut-throat corporate headhunter who is forced to re-examine his priorities when his son gets sick.

The Scottish actor used to spend summers as a teenager in T.O. when he worked for his father, who was divorced from his mother back across the pond, at a souvenir shop on Queen’s Quay.

In fact, Butler would consider living in The Six.

“I would love to live in this city again,” said Butler on the TIFF red carpet at Roy Thomson Hall on Wednesday night.

“It’s such a nice balance of so many things and the people are fantastic and there are such cool areas. To have spent a lot of my childhood before I was an actor, spending time here, but being a kid and going, ‘I wonder what I’m going to do when I grow up,’ and then to become an actor and have my movies playing at the Toronto Film Festival is incredible.”

Balance is something Butler says he strives for and after playing a role he switches things up a bit.

“I normally go away and do something bizarre,” he said. “Like a motorbike trip or go to Iceland and see a volcano.”

So he says he’s never been as ambitious in real-life as his character in The Headhunter’s Calling.

“Listen, I work hard and I give a lot to what I do but I have to check myself and realize, ‘You know what, it doesn’t matter how much you spend working, you only have this one life and you got to spend time seeing your friends and getting your travel in and doing all of that.’”
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1