The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beauty Secrets

Go down 
+2
dreamer
greyeyegoddess
6 posters
AuthorMessage
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Beauty Secrets Empty
PostSubject: Beauty Secrets   Beauty Secrets Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:20 pm

I just wanted to know what all of you all use in terms of hair products, makeup, skin care, even diet. Whatever makes you feel purty.

I just love mineral makeup, although still learning how to use them.

I'm also looking for a non-irritating shampoo/conditioner. My scalp is very sensitive. Pantene makes my head itch. Most store brands make my scalp sore.

I've been using Organix hair products, but I think my hair is getting tired of them.

I loved Silk hair products but right now, can't afford them.

I was giving some kind of Avon Renew face cream and it was wonderful---covered everything. But I can't remember what it was...alas.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
dreamer
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
dreamer

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Beauty Secrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty Secrets   Beauty Secrets Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:00 pm

santa Grey, I love the Anew products from Avon but they are soooo expensive. You can go online and check their catalog, once you start ordering from them you can get all kinds of buy one get one sales or free shipping. I also use Gar nier products they make my skin feel the way Anew does and they are a little cheaper.
As for shampoo, I have used TRESemme for years and love it. But I don't have the scalp problem you do so I don't know if this would be good for you.
I'm not a make up wearer, I use a brush on foundation from bare minerals and I love their Buxum Babes lip gloss. QVC buys..I have to laugh, I wish these things made me beautiful. But they do make me feel good.
cat
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Beauty Secrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty Secrets   Beauty Secrets Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 2:07 pm

Omigosh! I love the buxom lip gloss! When I got my makeover, I got to try one of those and bought one on the spot! But I can't find it anymore...*sobbing*
Back to top Go down
Birdseed
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor
Birdseed

Number of posts : 493

Beauty Secrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty Secrets   Beauty Secrets Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 2:11 pm

I love using mineral make-up. I have rosacea so my face gets a red rash around the cheeks and my nose is always very red, or in colder weather, blue. It's really embarrassing, but the mineral make-up covers it up beautifully.

I use the Matrix line in hair products. Regular store brands dry my hair up causing breakage, so I have to pay a little more for a salon product. I just wish they weren't so expensive.

What I also found that's very good for the skin is drinking lots of water.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Beauty Secrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty Secrets   Beauty Secrets Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 2:14 pm

I love drinking water.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

Beauty Secrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty Secrets   Beauty Secrets Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 9:12 am

I was reading a hair-removal mistakes article and this caught my attention.

Mistake: Waxing too Frequently
You may be tempted to head straight to the spa—or worse, reach for the razor—at the first sight of stubble, but fight the urge. You should wait four weeks in between waxing sessions so the wax has enough hair to grab. Barshop says bikini-area and on-your-leg hair should be a quarter-inch long if it's fine; coarse hair needs to be a half-inch long.

A quarter-inch for fine and a half-inch for coarse hair?? If a man has a quarter-inch of facial hair that's a beard. A half-inch is a full beard. That's a lot of hair to grow out to get a wax.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

Beauty Secrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty Secrets   Beauty Secrets Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 10:15 am

That could be good for winter. At a half-inch, you could dye it purple and pretend it's socks.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Beauty Secrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty Secrets   Beauty Secrets Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:50 pm

Um...my follicles aren't that numerous.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Beauty Secrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty Secrets   Beauty Secrets Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:22 pm

I'm Italian. Mine just might be..... Laughing
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Beauty Secrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty Secrets   Beauty Secrets Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 7:22 am

So people who properly wax are smooth for 2 weeks and shaggy for 2 weeks? Do they skip the beaches and pools those shaggy weeks in the summer?
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

Beauty Secrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty Secrets   Beauty Secrets Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 9:26 am

Probably not, after all maybe it keeps the Great Whites away. (And at the pool, the great, flabby, middle-aged whites )

According to the pro-wax crowd, the longer you wax, the finer and sparser the hair so it isn't "noticeable"
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Beauty Secrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty Secrets   Beauty Secrets Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 10:04 am

Well, the longer you wax, the older you get, the whiter your hair, and the sparser your hair. Or are we talking shag to near bald within a year or 2?
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

Beauty Secrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty Secrets   Beauty Secrets Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 9:05 am

Couple of years.
--at least in some cases. I guess it depends on how wookie-like you were to begin with.

Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Beauty Secrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty Secrets   Beauty Secrets Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 9:22 am

That's worth considering, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Beauty Secrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty Secrets   Beauty Secrets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beauty Secrets
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Pantry Member Stuff :: General Chit Chat :: Miscellaneous Off Topic-
Jump to: