The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler Empty
PostSubject: Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler   Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 4:37 pm

http://media.rogerdubuis.com/pin.html?pin=6TAXP

GENEVA, Sept. 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/

As one of the most charismatic actors of his generation, his mold-breaking personality was bound to lead him into some unusual encounters. Gerard Butler has landed a new role and joined the family of Geneva-based fine watchmaker ROGER DUBUIS. Both of them are more into action than introspection, both approach their art head on, and both are driven by passion.

(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20110906/NY63020 )

So is it surprising that last year Gerard''s attention was caught by a certain watch in a store window? Since that moment, Gerard Butler has kept the faith with Geneva watchmaker ROGER DUBUIS and enjoys showing off this watch that is so like him, one of the Warrior range from the Excalibur collection. Intrigued by this Maison that shared so many of his values, he sought to discover more. The spell really took hold after a recent tour of the ROGER DUBUIS manufacture. "I''m blown away," said Butler - who has seen many things in his time - on discovering the world of fine watchmaking and its most arcane secrets in on site. The innovation, passion and creativity at ROGER DUBUIS were what struck him most during his visit, where he had a glimpse of all stages in the watchmaking process, with every step performed in-house by the Geneva company. Gerard Butler ended his tour with a long look at the Manufacturer''s current models, particularly the Excalibur and La Monegasque collections.

As a friend of the ROGER DUBUIS brand, Gerard Butler intends to take an active role in spreading the word about the Swiss manufacture and introducing people to this unique world, bubbling in perpetual effervescence, where creativity rules and innovation is queen. Deliberately extravagant, the future is bright for the Swiss Maison, which values boldness as much as it respects tradition.

"Counting Gerard Butler among the brand''s friends is all the more special since this proximity is a natural fit with the world of ROGER DUBUIS. Gerard''s fire and powerful image resonate perfectly with the firm''s watches and will increase publicity amongst an audience who appreciate art and aesthetics," ROGER DUBUIS CEO Georges Kern.

Gerard Butler happily admitted: "Watch making is just like the cinema, it hides a precise mechanism which must then generate emotion. The world of ROGER DUBUIS, the arrival of its collections, like spaces of freedom, perfectly matches my principles. You need to take chances in life. And always push yourself."

Founded in 1995 and based in Geneva, ROGER DUBUIS stands out with its avant-garde watches made in limited production runs, meeting the most demanding quality standards. The quest for excellence, the long search for the right motions, the development of unique skills are all constants of the Swiss Maison. Boldness and extravagance are the brand''s signatures, and determination its engine. Distributed worldwide through an exclusive sales network, its flagship collections are named Excalibur and La Monegasque. ROGER DUBUIS is the only watchmaker in the world to have all of its movements stamped with the Geneva Hallmark, a guarantee of fine craftmanship.

For more images: http://media.rogerdubuis.com/pin.html?pin=6TAXP

SOURCE ROGER DUBUIS

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler   Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 4:38 pm

Pics here:

This one scares me.....

http://photos.prnewswire.com/pb-large/EN/2011/09/06/20/20110906202635ENPRNPRN13-ROGER-DUBUIS-GERARD-BUTLER-1y-1315340795MR.jpg

What. The. Hell..... affraid
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler   Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 6:30 pm

Can't view the one that scares you. It's asking me for a password?
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler   Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 6:38 pm

They must have locked it down.

Can you see it here?
http://media.rogerdubuis.com/pin.html?pin=6TAXP&assetId=6250&lang=en

It's also the 4th one down here:

Edit to add:

It's also here (big pic):

http://sassisamblog.com/2011/09/07/gerard-butler-is-the-fierce-face-of-roger-dubuis-watches/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SassiSamsGossip+%28Sassi+Sam%27s+Girlie+Gossip%29
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler   Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 8:07 pm

The eyebrows and forehead make him look a lot like Christopher Lambert.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler   Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:08 pm

Dallas wrote:

Gerard Butler happily admitted: "Watch making is just like the cinema, it hides a precise mechanism which must then generate emotion. The world of ROGER DUBUIS, the arrival of its collections, like spaces of freedom, perfectly matches my principles. You need to take chances in life. And always push yourself."

Um, what is he talking about?
"Like spaces of freedom..."

Can someone tell me what that means? How is an arrival of a watch collection like spaces of freedom and how do spaces of freedom match his principles?

That is a wierd sentence.

Then again, I didn't understand how after he supposedly spotted their a watch in a window last year(somehow I doubt that really happened)he has "has kept the faith with Geneva watchmaker ROGER DUBUIS ".

WTH does that mean? Anyone?
Does keeping the faith mean struck an endorsement deal?
Seriously, what does that mean? It seems like an incorrect expression or something. Like someone with English as a second language wrote this. Or it's a google translation.

Maybe I'm just tired, but I am confused.

Now I have George Michael's "Faith" in my head......

*So you gotta have faith, faith, faith.
Gerry's gotta have faith.

(in his watch)
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler   Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:37 pm

He looks like he should have been here this weekend at DragonCon.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler   Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:37 pm

Oh...and btw: thanks for those other links, Dallas. I could view those as you can tell! Wink
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler   Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:34 pm

I guess I'm not the only one confused:

http://www.shoppingblog.com/blog/9061115

Gerard Butler Joins Roger Dubuis as Brand Ambassador

Actor Gerard Butler has joined Geneva-based fine watchmaker Roger Dubuis as a brand ambassador, although from this photo it appears that he has actually signed on to be a Knight of the Realm and Defender of the Brand. In this campaign photo, Gerry wears the Excalibur Skeleton Double Flying Tourbillon luxury watch while holding a big sword, wearing armor and staring down the brand's competitors. Works for us.

Gerard Butler says, "Watch making is just like the cinema, it hides a precise mechanism which must then generate emotion. The world of Roger Dubuis, the arrival of its collections, like spaces of freedom, perfectly matches my principles. You need to take chances in life. And always push yourself."

We have no idea what he's talking about, but this is the coolest watch ad we've ever seen.

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler   Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:50 pm

Woh Nelly.

Fierce is the word.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler   Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 12:35 am

Remember, GB is an actor, not a writer. Looks like it's a good thing he's not a court lawyer since he's so inarticulate.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler   Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:04 am

I'm not sure about the accuracy of the price of the watch. I thought it was only $250,000.....

http://www.watchallure.com/this-is-excalibur-gerard-butler-for-roger-dubuis/

This… Is… Excalibur!!! Gerard Butler for Roger DubuisNews | Dalibor |

Let it never be told that we, the illustrious staff at Watch Allure are neglecting the female part of our audience! Yes, I mean all three of you girls Yesterday, we brought you the news about pairing of a true wonder woman, the exquisite Michelle Yeoh and always interesting Richard Mille. It was a feast for many male eyes, and today we’re doing the same favor to our lady readers (well, men are welcome to have a look too )

As Roger Dubuis press release states, Gerard Butler is the new “friend” of the brand who will tell you how awesome this manufacture is. If you have been living under the rock for the past ten years, this is the hunk who gave us such immortal classics as The Bounty Hunter, The Ugly Truth and P.S. I Love You, the thespian who brought to life such memorable historic figures, from Attila and Beowulf to Dracula. What, you disagree? You think I’ve missed something? Anyway, euphemisms aside, I would say Roger Dubois found itself a great ambassador, a man worth every Swiss franc they paid him. I mean, this is the guy who has yet to make one good film, and I still like him. I wouldn’t exactly call him the next Marlon Brando, but Mr. Butler indeed does have some charisma, on and off the screen, but do you think he would win if Mrs. Yeoh and him had a fight?

Roger Dubuis Excalibur Skeleton Double Flying Tourbillon in white gold
Have you ever been wondering, what’s better than a tourbillon in a wristwatch? Why, two tourbillons of course! The newest model from Roger Dubuis and the one that Mr. Butler was sporting for that intense photo shoot was none other than Excalibur Skeleton Double Flying Tourbillon. Basically, instead of having one useless complication in a wristwatch, now you can have two! Naturally, you will have to pay something like double the price of “just” one tourbillon, but hey, if it’s good for Gerard Butler…

Roger Dubuis Excalibur Skeleton Double Flying Tourbillon in pink gold
There are two versions of Excalibur Skeleton Double Flying Tourbillon, a white and pink gold 45 mm diameter case. However, the movement is the real star of this ostentatious timepiece. It is a 319 parts manual winding RD 01SQ in house movement, which beats at 21,600 vph and has 48-hour power reserve with hours and minutes functions. It is not one of the most legible watches in the market, but it does have tourbillon carriages shaped like a Celtic cross, so it could be said it’s a fair trade off.

Look at the RD 01SQ movement in Excalibur Skeleton Double Flying Tourbillon
There will be only 88 (a nod to Crazy 88 perhaps?) of Roger Dubuis Excalibur Skeleton Double Flying Tourbillons made, but good luck selling them all with a 350,000 dollars price tag…

Ordinarily, it is not like I am the most somber advocate of practical, classical and boring watches. And certainly, it’s not like I’ve never condoned a ridiculously expensive watch which is also so over the top pointless, and yet, there is just something that rubs me the wrong way with this timepiece…

On the side note, did you know Michelle Yeoh and Gerard Butler appeared in the same movie, and do you know what that movie is? (Little help: it’s crap).

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler   Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:54 am

$350 000 for a watch?

Crikey, there are a lot of rich, dumb people in the world.
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler   Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:30 pm

Here we have Christopher Lambert as Connor MacLeod in Highlander, and GB in watch ad. Copycat?
Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler Highla10Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler Gbdubu11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler   Two Leading Roles for ROGER DUBUIS and Gerard Butler Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: Gerry Sightings/Latest News-
Jump to: