The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerry attended the Malibu Inn Grand Opening

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Gerry attended the Malibu Inn Grand Opening Empty
PostSubject: Gerry attended the Malibu Inn Grand Opening   Gerry attended the Malibu Inn Grand Opening Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 8:40 pm

Last night there were numerous tweets about Gerry attending the Malibu Inn opening last night. Here's an article from E! - Ted Casablanca. The comments about drinking beer could be false. But with the recent smoking, it makes me think that lately anything is possible ..... Shocked

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/the_awful_truth/b250366_caught_whos_lauren_conrad_partying_with.html

Quote :

Performing at the glitzy shindig was Mr. Gwen Stefani himself, Gavin Rossdale.

Gav brought his kiddies, Kingston and Zuma, along—his wifey was not in attendance—and performed a mellow acoustic set. Afterward, he talked to fans for a bit before escaping to the VIP section to hang with Gerard Butler.

Ger was (duh) in the mood to party though and was way more interested in improving on his "terrible" love life. So he spent a good potion of the night chatting up the bevy of babes waiting at the bar.

"He was definitely tipsy," another attendee joked about the infamous ladies man. "He was throwing back beers and talking to any chick that he could."

Guess that means Jessica Biel is out of the picture, huh?

Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attended the Malibu Inn Grand Opening   Gerry attended the Malibu Inn Grand Opening Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 8:45 pm

I don't know how anyone could frequent bars like Gerry does and NOT drink. Not that I'd be judging him if he did, I mean I kick back wiith some beverages myself when I do frequent those places, and I guarantee Gerry frequents them 1000 times more than I do. Then again, I'm not telling the world I'm not doing it. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attended the Malibu Inn Grand Opening   Gerry attended the Malibu Inn Grand Opening Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:25 pm

http://www.lasplash.com/publish/LA_Food_and_Beverage_events/malibu-inn-grand-opening-party_printer.php

Malibu Inn Grand Opening Party - Gavin Rossdale, Gerard Butler, Cuba Gooding Jr and more

LA's hottest gathered June 30 at the world famous Malibu Inn- beachside restaurant, bar and live music venue- to celebrate the revival of one of Malibu's most iconic properties. Highlighted by a rare acoustic performance by Gavin Rossdale, the beloved watering hole packed the place with celebs and locals alike and partied into the wee hours of the morning.

Gavin Rossdale arrived with his children Kingston and Zuma (who later left with a nannie) and mellowed out in the green room before delivering a stellar 3 song acoustic set, including a cover of 'Landslide' where he asked the crowd to sing along. Post performance he graciously took photos with fans and cruised around the venue before heading back up to his hide out. Gerard Butler was in a partying mood, knocking back beers before heading up to green room to chat with pal Gavin- later in the night, Butler got tipsy out on the patio and was chatting up a bevy of ladies. Cuba Gooding Jr made an appearance at the party and was overheard commenting on how happy he was that the Malibu Inn was back and better than ever. Malibu locals Brody Jenner and Cisco Adler (who often performs at the Malibu Inn with his band Cisco Adler and the Pigeons) were in full force knocking back beers and shots on the patio.

Other celebrities in attendance include Gretta Monahan, Kristen Ruhlin, Madison Hildebrand, singer D'Manti, designer CC Skye, stylist George Blodwell and TV personality Daniel Nguyen.

The Malibu Inn is located in Malibu, California along one of America's most well known highways at 22969 Pacific Coast Hwy. The Malibu Inn is set across from the famous Malibu Pier, a Southern California icon in an area once called the Riviera of America.

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attended the Malibu Inn Grand Opening   Gerry attended the Malibu Inn Grand Opening Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:58 pm

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/gerard-butler-gavin-rossdale-and-go-go-dancers-christen-the-new-malibu-inn/66547

Gerard Butler, Gavin Rossdale and Go-Go Dancers Christen the New Malibu Inn

Gavin Rossdale performs a special set for the opening night party of the Malibu Inn on June 30 in Malibu, CA.Malibu InnYahoo! Contributor Network
It was a perfect summer night for a wild scene in Malibu on Thursday, June 30, and a crazy way to kick off the long, party-fueled Fourth of July weekend in Los Angeles.

Celebrating the venerable Malibu Inn's grand reopening, Gerard Butler, Gavin Rossdale and a gaggle of go-go dancers helped get things going at the bash that started early and went late. With an all-new look and feel for the restaurant/bar/music venue that features fare from "Top Chef All-Stars" toque Angelo Sosa, the inn is ready to take its place back on the A-list of hipster hangouts. The brainchild of brothers Alex and Steve Hakim and architect Andrew Alford, the idea is to return the inn to the cool days in the 1970s when it was a regular hangout for Neil Young, Keith Moon and Harry Nilsson. The renovated space harkens back to those times, with a sort of surfer dude-folk hippie vibe.

And the massive crowd that formed to celebrate had a similar vibe, as a pony-tailed Rossdale led the pack in a rumpled grey T-shirt topped off with some twisted leather necklaces. His surfer persona morphed a bit toward the hippie, as he took to the stage and did three quick tunes, including a bit of Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac channeling with a pretty rendition of "Landslide." The 45-year-old singer can still belt it out, and he really had to, because the party was going so hard by the time he hit the stage that the roar of the crowd threatened to drown him out.

Party boy Brody Jenner took the dude look to a whole new level, actually sporting a headband and a tank top as he and musician pal Cisco Adler goggled the mini-skirted go-go girls who danced on the bar tops. There were even two beauties with just paint for clothes, shivering a bit as the beach chill set in, but still bravely chatting up any guy with the gumption to say hello.

There were tequila shots to keep them warm, too, being served out of an old-fashioned black baby perambulator, and trays of cocktails kept coming, which caused a ruckus as partygoers got more lubricated. Soon booze and glassware were flying, as servers struggled to stay out of the way of the loopy guests. One guy looked like he'd just taken a bath in vodka; he was not a happy camper.

But the bash roared on anyway, and a grand time was had by all who were not wearing their drinks, including Cuba Gooding, Jr., club diva D'Manti, style gurus Gretta Monahan and George Blodwell and a slew of both Malibu locals and Hollywood types who made the scene.

And the funniest moment of the night? That one came early, as big, handsome and very blonde Gerard Butler and an equally large and buff pal slipped by security to get onto the patio. As the men in dark suits descended on them, planning a quick and forceful ejection of those two "party crashers," Butler spoke up loud and clear over the music and chatter.

"Hey mate, I think you'd better check your facts," he bellowed. "I'm someone they want to be here!" No kidding.

Note: This was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Join the Yahoo! Contributor Network here to start publishing your own articles.

Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attended the Malibu Inn Grand Opening   Gerry attended the Malibu Inn Grand Opening Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:58 pm

I guess he's become one of those "don't you know who I am" people.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attended the Malibu Inn Grand Opening   Gerry attended the Malibu Inn Grand Opening Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:55 pm

There's one more thing that makes me kinda sad. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attended the Malibu Inn Grand Opening   Gerry attended the Malibu Inn Grand Opening Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:25 am

Wouldn't it have been great if all the other guests yelled "NO!"?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attended the Malibu Inn Grand Opening   Gerry attended the Malibu Inn Grand Opening Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gerry attended the Malibu Inn Grand Opening
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: Gerry Sightings/Latest News-
Jump to: