The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cannes Film Festival

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Cannes Film Festival Empty
PostSubject: Cannes Film Festival   Cannes Film Festival Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:19 pm

Looks like Coriolanus will be shown at Cannes on Thursday, May 12th at 9:45 am in a 70 seat theater. It's only playing ONCE.
Don't know what that means. Not the best time and it's in a small theater. And I see it on the calendar, but I don't see it listed on other parts of the Cannes Film Festival site as in the lineup.

http://www.marchedufilm.com/html/pdf2011/Projections_MIF_2011.pdf

http://www.festival-cannes.com/en.html
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Cannes Film Festival   Cannes Film Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:48 am

I guess it's not a part of the competition. Most of the theaters are 40-80 seats. Hmm...Coriolanus is being shown first thing in the morning, that probably means they don't expect many wanting to see it.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Cannes Film Festival   Cannes Film Festival Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 5:17 pm

How disappointing for the cast and crew. Isn't Cannes seen as a major sellers market?

When it arrives in Australia, it'll be on my list of must-sees movies.
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Cannes Film Festival   Cannes Film Festival Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 2:06 pm

The Icon Entertainment site has it listed as a market screening:

Quote :
Cannes Market Screenings: Thurs 12th May, 9.45am (Olympia 7)

http://www.iconmovies.net/coriolanus/
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Cannes Film Festival   Cannes Film Festival Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 3:40 pm

What is a market screening? I assume it is for industry peoples, for sale/distribution purposes rather than selection for recognition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cannes Film Festival   Cannes Film Festival Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cannes Film Festival
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: Gerry Movies :: Coriolanus-
Jump to: