The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It Doesn't Sound Like We're In Pennsylvania

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

It Doesn't Sound Like We're In Pennsylvania  Empty
PostSubject: It Doesn't Sound Like We're In Pennsylvania    It Doesn't Sound Like We're In Pennsylvania  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 pm

I hope this movie isn't set in Pennsylvania. I was looking forward to a movie set in a town with southern charm.

Pic at link:

http://www.ktbs.com/news/27504580/detail.html

BOSSIER CITY -- Westbound motorists on Interstate 220 in Bossier City are doing a double-take on a sign between Swan Lake Road and Airline Drive.

It reads, "Pennsylvania Welcomes You."

The local movie office said the sign is up for a scene in the movie "Playing the Field" that is being filmed in Shreveport-Bossier.

It stars Gerard Butler and is about a soccer star who is trying to reconcile with his estranged wife and runs into temptation from soccer moms as he coaches youth soccer.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Sound Like We're In Pennsylvania    It Doesn't Sound Like We're In Pennsylvania  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:45 pm

Sounds like it's at least partly set in Pennsylvania.

I wonder if the local talents have to modify their accents.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Sound Like We're In Pennsylvania    It Doesn't Sound Like We're In Pennsylvania  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 7:32 am

Why would you film a movie in Shreveport and pretend to be in Pennsylvania? Unless it is only for part of the movie, that is. Otherwise, why? You could just film in PA.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Sound Like We're In Pennsylvania    It Doesn't Sound Like We're In Pennsylvania  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:38 am

My guess-----It's about a soccer player right? Teams travel for games. So it could ether be for a shot of the team going north, or a shot showing someone leaving Pennsylvania headed south.

Poor GB can't do a good regular American accent, I really hope he isn't trying a southern drawl in this one.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Sound Like We're In Pennsylvania    It Doesn't Sound Like We're In Pennsylvania  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:51 am

He might do better with a southern drawl. A lot of British singers use the drawl when they sing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Sound Like We're In Pennsylvania    It Doesn't Sound Like We're In Pennsylvania  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: Gerry Movies :: Playing for Keeps (formerly Playing the Field)-
Jump to: