The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sequel - HTTYD 2

Go down 
+3
LadyNOLA
Dallas
Nay
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Sequel - HTTYD 2  Empty
PostSubject: Sequel - HTTYD 2    Sequel - HTTYD 2  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 5:18 am

"How to Train Your Dragon 2"

By Garth Franklin Tuesday January 18th 2011

"How to Train Your Dragon" executive producer Tim Johnson has revealed various new details in regards to the highly-anticipated sequel that Dreamworks is prepping for release in late 2013.

Johnson tells Bad Taste that "I can tell you that Dean DeBlois, one of the two directors on the first film, has agreed to direct the sequel. They are all already very scared about the prospects. He presented the draft a couple of weeks ago, and now we're trying to figure out how we are going to realize the scope of it. It is good to analyze the history, locations, new characters in the movie that he wants, and understand how we can achieve that."

He then goes on to talk about the production schedule - "We hope to have it completed in the fall of 2013. So a little less than three years. For the animation, that is fast, but for a sequel, it is a reasonable amount of time. It usually takes four years or more for an original film, and most of that time is spent designing the sets, the characters, colors. For the sequel, these problems have already been solved."

Johnson also says they've just begun production on the upcoming animated TV series which he expects not to begin airing until sometime in 2012. The tone of it will be "darker, more dramatic, like the film" rather than a kids show which many have speculated about. It will also likely deal with new characters and a new setting - "We do not want it, however, set in the same period of the film. We will explore that world, maybe presenting something new every year. It 's a different format, with different stories. We made a short film for the DVD which is great fun, and it helped us to understand which direction we should go."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/19095/early-how-to-train-your-dragon-2-details
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

Sequel - HTTYD 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sequel - HTTYD 2    Sequel - HTTYD 2  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 7:25 pm

http://blog.onthebox.com/2011/03/15/how-to-train-your-dragon-2-a-chapter-not-a-sequel/

How To Train Your Dragon 2: A Chapter Not a Sequel

Apparently How To Train Your Dragon was in fact not the instruction manual it’s title let it on to be, and that there is further room for improvement in your training abilities as a sequel appears to be on the way.

Developed by DreamWorks Animation, the first film was released with great acclaim and even managed to get itself an Oscar nomination, but Toothless won’t be flying back into the three-dimensional worlds of your nearest Imax screen anytime soon as the release date is currently June 20th 2014.

Despite the far off release, work is well under-way and the script is now completed, a fact confirmed by Jay Baruchel who voices the leading man. While at the Paley Centre in Los Angeles he mentioned that he has read the script and knows the story, “I know everything about it. I read it last week!”

“It’s phenomenal,” he said. “And it’s not a sequel; it’s a chapter two. Because there are eight books [the movies are based on], so it’s not just finding crazy situations to put our characters in. It’s very much a second act of a three act thing.”

Just so long as Toothless is featured then I’ll have no complaints.

Back to top Go down
Dallas

Sequel - HTTYD 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sequel - HTTYD 2    Sequel - HTTYD 2  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 7:57 pm

http://www.slashfilm.com/jay-baruchel-talks-how-train-dragon-2-hints-trilogy/

Jay Baruchel Talks ‘How To Train Your Dragon 2;’ Hints at Trilogy

After its incredible success, we all knew a sequel to How To Train Your Dragon was inevitable, especially since the film was based on the first of a series of books by Cressida Cowell. DreamWorks quickly made number two official and last week locked in a very early release date for the film, June 20, 2014. The sequel, written and directed by Dean DeBlois, will see the return of several of the original voices actors such as Craig Ferguson, America Ferrera, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Jonah Hill, TJ Miller, Kristen Wiig and Gerard Butler. Also returning, of course, is Jay Baruchel, who plays the lead role of Hiccup, and at a recent reunion for his television show, Undeclared, Baruchel gave us the latest on the highly anticipated animated sequel which he said was “the second act of a three act thing.” Watch him talk about it and read his quotes after the jump.
MTV News talked to Baruchel at the PaleyFest reunion of the Judd Apatow-produced shows Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared. Baruchel was the lead on the latter show and said the following on the red carpet.

Movie Trailers – Movies BlogAnd here’s exactly what he said:

I’m going to be starting work on it this year, yeah. Yes I [know things about it]. I know everything about it. I read it last week! It’s phenomenal. And it’s not a sequel; it’s a chapter two. Because there are eight books, so it’s not just finding crazy situations to put our characters in. It’s very much a second act of a three act thing.

A few months ago, DreamWorks CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg said that he felt the How To Train Your Dragon series was “at least three [movies], maybe more.” From Baruchel’s quote, it sounds “more” isn’t going to happen and that this particular story will be strictly relegated to a trilogy, where the three films will tell a complete tale.

However, Cowell’s series currently has eight books so it would be curious if they just limited themselves to the three movies. Maybe they’re just sticking at three for now and will see what happens after that.

Also, since Baruchel called this a “chapter two,” we’d be remiss not to look at the second chapter of the series, How To Be A Pirate. The first film was different from the first book, but there’s certainly a chance they’d draw from its sequel. Here’s the plot description from its Amazon page:

The sequel to How to Train Your Dragon continues the adventures of the son of Stoick the Vast and future leader of the Hairy Hooligan Viking tribe. Although the skinny, freckled Hiccup has more brains than the rest of the Hairy Hooligans put together, he has a hard time garnering respect from anyone, least of all his arch-rival, Snotlout. It doesn’t help that Hiccup’s dragon, Toothless, is predisposed to hypochondria and cowardice. During a pirate-training session, them meet up with charming “Alvin the Poor-But-Honest-Farmer,” who is keen to help them discover the legendary treasure of Grimbeard the Ghastly. After a series of hair-raising, humorous escapades on the high seas, a deadly island, and an undersea cavern, Hiccup learns some surprising things about his previously undervalued abilities.

That description, taking Hiccup and Toothless off-island looking for pirate treasure, seems in line with previous comments about the sequel being more expansive.

What do you think about this? Are you excited for the sequel?

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

Sequel - HTTYD 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sequel - HTTYD 2    Sequel - HTTYD 2  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 4:18 am

I'd buy a ticket to see Toothless and Hiccup go treasure hunting! bounce
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Sequel - HTTYD 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sequel - HTTYD 2    Sequel - HTTYD 2  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 9:40 pm

Dallas wrote:
http://www.slashfilm.com/jay-baruchel-talks-how-train-dragon-2-hints-trilogy/

MTV News talked to Baruchel at the PaleyFest reunion of the Judd Apatow-produced shows Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared. Baruchel was the lead on the latter show

Haha! I remember the short-lived TV series "Undeclared." It stands out because I knew one of the stars of it (not Jay Baruchel). This guy (Timm something) went to the same acting school I did in NYC, though he was ahead of me so we had no classes together. Interesting to learn that that show and "Freaks and Geeks" were Judd Apatow-produced shows. This was all before anyone knew who Apatow was, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Sequel - HTTYD 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sequel - HTTYD 2    Sequel - HTTYD 2  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 4:36 am

http://collider.com/how-to-train-your-dragon-2-details/94495/

Storyboarding Underway for HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2

The sequel to How to Train Your Dragon has over three years to plan for its June 20, 2014 release. To match the heartwarming excellence of the original, DreamWorks Animation is going to enter into production right about… now. Writer/director Dean DeBlois spoke a the dedication of USC’s new Marilyn and Jeffrey Katzenberg Center for Animation recently, and informed the audience that several drafts of the script have been completed and the filmmakers have just begun the storyboarding process.

Jay Baruchel, Craig Ferguson, America Ferrera, Jonah Hill, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, T.J. Miller, Kristen Wiig, and Gerard Butler are all set to reprise their roles from the first movie. Hit the jump for more on How to Train Your Dragon 2, including plot details and its place in a planned trilogy.

Heat Vision provides the synopsis:

“The story will move beyond the small, North Sea island that was the setting of the original film as it traces the further adventures of Hiccup as he grows toward becoming the leader of his Viking clan.”

DeBlois elaborated on his plans for the series as a whole:

“There are certain characters and situations that come into play in the second film that will becomes much more crucial to the story by the third. Other threads from the first will begin to pay themselves off in the second. It’s my way of guaranteeing that it is not another adventure that we throw the same five or six characters into, that it feels like part of a larger story.”

This sentiment echoes DeBlois’ comments from February:

“We are treating How To Train Your Dragon as the first act in a much larger story. As we head into this one, the world expands. Everything is much bigger with still the heartfelt qualities that made the first one resonate so much with audiences. There are no longer restrictions to this tiny island in the North Sea. They have the entire Northern hemisphere within their grasp… The only way of tracing the story is to draw on elements that were in the first movie and set up elements for a third movie, so it doesn’t feel like a random adventure with the same five or six characters. This truly is a second chapter in a larger story.”

I’m eager to return to the Dragon universe — it’s even more encouraging since DeBlois is focused on arcing the story rather than repurposing the first movie’s plot. Years of pre-production is a luxury not often encountered in the studio system. Can’t wait to see what they do with it.

Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Sequel - HTTYD 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sequel - HTTYD 2    Sequel - HTTYD 2  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 12:35 pm

Yay!

I love HtTYD. I want a Toothless. GB had one accent the whole way through. It was great.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Sequel - HTTYD 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sequel - HTTYD 2    Sequel - HTTYD 2  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 7:37 am

I haven't even seen the first one yet!!
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

Sequel - HTTYD 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sequel - HTTYD 2    Sequel - HTTYD 2  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 10:23 am

Oh DK!! You need to! Such an adorable film.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

Sequel - HTTYD 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sequel - HTTYD 2    Sequel - HTTYD 2  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 11:31 pm

It's been on HBO since last month. As different as Stoick looks from GB, he has GB's facial and hand movements. No chipmunkness whatsoever. Of course all the dragons are adorable.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

Sequel - HTTYD 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sequel - HTTYD 2    Sequel - HTTYD 2  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 1:40 am

LegoJulie wrote:
Of course all the dragons are adorable.

They are indeed----well---except for the BIG one. It was just plain scary.

Striking visuals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sequel - HTTYD 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sequel - HTTYD 2    Sequel - HTTYD 2  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sequel - HTTYD 2
Page 1 of 1