The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party

Go down 
+3
greyeyegoddess
Nay
Dallas
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party Empty
PostSubject: Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party   Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:19 am

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/gerard_butler_mayer_birthday_party_IE9iRG0d4HF8eb7wKIKRcM?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

Scottish actor Gerard Butler celebrated his 41st birthday in style by performing an outrageous version of "Mustang Sally" with John Mayer.

The heartthrob movie star took over new restaurant The Darby on Saturday night with a dinner and put on a series of shows for 100 guests, including Adrien Brody, Kate Hudson, Bono and Jay-Z.

Onstage, Butler joined the 14th Street dinner club's 'mistress of ceremonies,' cabaret star Lady Rizo a k a Amelia Zirin-Brown, who said: "Some of you know him as Gerry, other as Gerard. I know him as Mistress Butler."

Gerard Butler A spy told us: "Australian comedian James Smith toasted Gerry. He then went on to make fun of him saying: 'Gerard has been out so much he's now just constantly on Page Six. Gerry is on Page Six so much they have to make it Page Seven.' Smith also joked that Butler and Jennifer Aniston had "as much sexual chemistry as Regis and Kelly" in "The Bounty Hunter."

"Gerry also sang Oasis hit 'Wonderwall' with Lady Rizo and Mayer played guitar. They then followed it up with 'Mustang Sally.' He had a pretty good voice -- it wasn't what you'd expect from the guy from '300.' It was epic. He was also in the deejay booth a lot and got the deejay to play a lot of rock, '80s and funk.

"Gerry announced to the crowd that Mayer was going to sing for them, but John replied he just wanted to play guitar while Lady Rizo sang. So he had the crowd cheer to hear Mayer perform. Mayer then sang his hit "Who Says."

Other guests at the dinner club, which officially opens on Wednesday, included skateboarder Tony Hawk, Jason Statham, Melissa George, Russell Simmons, Sante D'Orazio, Jeffrey Ross, Paul Haggis and a gaggle of models. A rep for Butler didn't get back to us.

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party   Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:20 am

Mustang Sally and Wonderwall.....Gerry needs to learn some other songs! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party   Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 4:47 am

That's a high octane list of invitees. I hope the performers were better than this guy:

Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party   Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 4:48 am

So not a Mayer fan...another manwhore.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party   Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 5:06 am

BTW I wonder what Mayer thought when the comedian make a Jennifer Aniston sexual chemistry joke.

BTTW Two songs, GB? That's alllllllllllllllllllll you can remember the words to??
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party   Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 5:32 am

Who cares what Mayer thought. Wonder what Gerry thought after all the "Jen and I have great chemistry" interviews he gave!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party   Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 1:59 pm

lol...not that I watch every minute of Jen's life...

Do I even know the words to more than one song? I mean the whole set of lyrics?

Wait, let me check....

Whew, I do... Very Happy

Maybe that's all he has time to learn, or those were the songs he used to sing with his band, so they are ingrained already.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party   Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 4:02 pm

Bloody hell, these writers amuse me. Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party 646968

http://www.celebitchy.com/126434/gerard_butler_celebrates_his_41st_birthday_with_john_mayer_ugh/

Saturday was my beloved’s 41st birthday. Instead of flying down here to finally propose to me and whisk me off to my own private dongfest, Gerard Butler chose to celebrate in NYC, with his own private douchefest. Yes, Gerard brought in his 41st year of Scottish mooby hotness with JOHN MAYER. Ugh. Jesus, Gerry.

Scottish actor Gerard Butler celebrated his 41st birthday in style by performing an outrageous version of “Mustang Sally” with John Mayer. The heartthrob movie star took over new restaurant The Darby on Saturday night with a dinner and put on a series of shows for 100 guests, including Adrien Brody, Kate Hudson, Bono and Jay-Z.

Onstage, Butler joined the 14th Street dinner club’s ‘mistress of ceremonies,’ cabaret star Lady Rizo a k a Amelia Zirin-Brown, who said: “Some of you know him as Gerry, other as Gerard. I know him as Mistress Butler.”

A spy told us: “Australian comedian James Smith toasted Gerry. He then went on to make fun of him saying: ‘Gerard has been out so much he’s now just constantly on Page Six. Gerry is on Page Six so much they have to make it Page Seven.’ Smith also joked that Butler and Jennifer Aniston had “as much sexual chemistry as Regis and Kelly” in “The Bounty Hunter.”

“Gerry also sang Oasis hit ‘Wonderwall’ with Lady Rizo and Mayer played guitar. They then followed it up with ‘Mustang Sally.’ He had a pretty good voice — it wasn’t what you’d expect from the guy from ‘300.’ It was epic. He was also in the deejay booth a lot and got the deejay to play a lot of rock, ’80s and funk. Gerry announced to the crowd that Mayer was going to sing for them, but John replied he just wanted to play guitar while Lady Rizo sang. So he had the crowd cheer to hear Mayer perform. Mayer then sang his hit “Who Says.”

Other guests at the dinner club, which officially opens on Wednesday, included skateboarder Tony Hawk, Jason Statham, Melissa George, Russell Simmons, Sante D’Orazio, Jeffrey Ross, Paul Haggis and a gaggle of models. A rep for Butler didn’t get back to us.

[From Page Six]

Do I begrudge him these birthday celebrations? Honestly, yes, I do. It sounds like a perfectly nice/douchey time, but I’m sure he would have had more fun at home with me, with me cooking Mistress Butler something special, like vagina parfait.

Also: since Gerry has been disappointing so much lately, can I just admit something? The fact that Gerry is tight with John Mayer disgusts me, and if I didn’t love Gerry so much, I would say that it speaks volumes about his (lack of) character. Isn’t that weird? I can handle his constant trolling for strange, I can take the man-handling of blondes, I can take the finger-up-Aniston’s-ass, but John Mayer is The One Douche Too Far.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party   Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 4:07 pm

And check out the comments while you're there .... eg:

1. I’m beginning to think that a lot of Gerard’s hotness is connected to his name. ‘Gerard Butler’ is a name that speaks to me of masculinity, tenderness, romance and sex that leaves me unable to walk for days. But ‘Gerry Butler’? He’s the guy who wants a quickie on the sofa, but asks you to keep down the noise so as not to wake his mum sleeping upstairs.

2. What do you think they talk about?! Politics… the Economy… the Meaning of Life…or America’s Saddest Spinster?

3. Seems to me that they make fitting company for each other. Both being philanderers par excellence, I bet the chase was on that night. Nothing like having your ego stroked on your birthday along with something much smaller. I can see them casing the place for the most supreme piece of ass. What do you suppose they’d say to each other? “Say John, I’m about to pop this one off in the alley real quick. I’ll be brief. She has a friend. You could come with but seeing as your not a fan of chocolate, perhaps the slut blonde in the corner is more to your taste. Be back in 20.”

Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party   Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 4:53 pm

nay....thank you. some of those comments and the blog made my day. i was ROLLING!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party   Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 5:16 pm

Dallas wrote:
A spy told us: "Australian comedian James Smith toasted Gerry. He then went on to make fun of him saying: 'Gerard has been out so much he's now just constantly on Page Six. Gerry is on Page Six so much they have to make it Page Seven.' Smith also joked that Butler and Jennifer Aniston had "as much sexual chemistry as Regis and Kelly" in "The Bounty Hunter."

"Gerry also sang Oasis hit 'Wonderwall' with Lady Rizo and Mayer played guitar. They then followed it up with 'Mustang Sally.' He had a pretty good voice -- it wasn't what you'd expect from the guy from '300.' It was epic. He was also in the deejay booth a lot and got the deejay to play a lot of rock, '80s and funk.

"Gerry announced to the crowd that Mayer was going to sing for them, but John replied he just wanted to play guitar while Lady Rizo sang. So he had the crowd cheer to hear Mayer perform. Mayer then sang his hit "Who Says."

It's interstesting that the spy described it as epic.
That's the same word that ELEW posted that it was an "epic night" followed by Nick posting a response "EPIC brother! EPIC!"

Is that the new word in NYC or does this show that PR agents feed these stories the the press and the celebs and their friends also cooperate?

Plus, according to INeedMyFix, The Darby doesn't officially open to the public until next Wednesday. Gerry's buddy Ronnie is part owner. What a great way to get free publicity for the club. I wonder if all the celebs were invited to the new club for a big opening, and not just to celebrate Gerry's birthday. That explains the varied guests. (JayZ had a birthday party for Beyonce there last month. I can see them coming for a big opening party before I can see them coming specifically for Gerry's birthday. I think they are friends with these club owners.) Gerry having his birthday there also makes it a bigger event in the news and is good for his image as well. It makes him look like a hugely connected person with close friends from all over the industry.

I could be completely wrong. But this just screams like more than a birthday party.

Last edited by Dallas on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party   Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 5:22 pm

http://gawker.com/5690251/passion-of-the-paltrow-gwyneths-hands-bled-five-times-to-learn-guitar

Quote :

Speaking of singing actors, Gerard Butler and John Mayer sang "Mustang Sally" together at Gerard's 41st birthday party. Gerard also sang "Wonderwall," a song that seems good in theory but always turns out awful at karaoke nights, because the singer inevitably tries to do the Liam Gallagher whine, which never turns out the way you think it will.

Hahaha. So true.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party   Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:14 pm

“…actor Gerard Butler was enjoying - a lot - singleness. Last Saturday, he assembled a team of friends to celebrate 41 years of age. The venue for the celebration was the restaurant The Darby, Manhattan, and the second column Page Six, “the newspaper” New York Post, said he received a lively crowd, the boy dropped his voice and sang all night in the company of John Mayer, Adrien Brody, Kate Hudson, Bono and Jay-Z.

* … after that Gerard decided to make the club Chelsea Room. Surrounded by models and some friends, he danced and had fun as ever. The high point occurred at around 4 am when a Brazilian model, who paraded for the first time for Victoria’s Secret last week, left the club with the boy exchanging kisses and caresses. The two ended the night at his house, where a private party went late into the night …”

http://glamurama.uol.com.br/Materia_chill-out-60968.aspx?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party   Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:42 pm

Quote :
The two ended the night at his house, where a private party went late into the night …

Wow....were they there too?

Maybe there's going to be a sex tape.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party   Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 11:54 am

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
Back to top Go down
luvthatgerryjuice
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party   Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Where are the pics of him at John Mayers party? What section is it in here?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party   Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 4:16 pm

Here!

https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com/events-f75/gerry-s-41st-birthday-party-t2433.htm

They aren't that hard to find. Most photos on Pantry end up in the Gallery section.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party   Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 11:30 pm

That was a good post. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
luvthatgerryjuice
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party   Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 4:36 pm

Considering the 'guest' it problably was a good thing Jen wasn't there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party   Gerard Butler performs with John Mayer at birthday party Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: Gerry Sightings/Latest News-
Jump to: