The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lisa Marie McMaster: A Brush with Fame

Go down 
+2
Nay
Dallas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Lisa Marie McMaster: A Brush with Fame Empty
PostSubject: Lisa Marie McMaster: A Brush with Fame   Lisa Marie McMaster: A Brush with Fame Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:48 pm

Blog about a little girl who is fighting cancer. She appeared in a PSA video with Gerry and others filmed in Detroit (I think KKC offices are located in Detroit). Excerpt of the blog below and video at the link:

http://loveyoulisa.blogspot.com/2010/08/brush-with-fame.html

"On another note, Lisa had a brush with fame tonight. She got to join some other kids from her Kids Kicking Cancer karate class to film a public service announcement with Gerard Butler. While he's not Miley Cyrus or Demi Moore -the stars that the kids got to shoot the announcement with on Sunday while we were out of town:(- Gerard was very nice and spent a lot of time with the kids before and after the shooting. I've attached an amatuer clip I took from my phone....it's a bit long, but the whole process was a lot longer! The film Gerard is in town shooting got behind schedule so we waited over an hour for him to get done with that. We did get to peak behind the scenes and all the crew was very nice. Once Gerard was done filming for the day, they shot the public service announcement. There were many retakes and we were snapping pictures like crazy...those will be on shutterfly soon. Lisa, being bald and toothless, got the front and center spot right on his lap. It was very cool! Lisa was awesome and very much the professional sitter. We are so proud of her."
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie McMaster: A Brush with Fame   Lisa Marie McMaster: A Brush with Fame Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 3:52 am

Love the little zen/karate move to centre them again ... Laughing

What a terrific cause.
Back to top Go down
ktaylor48239
Boringly Sane
ktaylor48239

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie McMaster: A Brush with Fame   Lisa Marie McMaster: A Brush with Fame Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:02 am

I donated to this charity through another site. For donating, one "lucky person" was going to be selected to go on a date with Gerard. It turns out, the woman who won said she wanted to donate the "date" to one of the kids of KKC. I wonder if he ever followed through with the date and took one of the kids out on the town?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie McMaster: A Brush with Fame   Lisa Marie McMaster: A Brush with Fame Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:52 pm

I've wondered the same, KT. It would be a good PR opportunity to see the result.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie McMaster: A Brush with Fame   Lisa Marie McMaster: A Brush with Fame Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:12 am

I wondered, too. I paid a visit to gb.net. The last thing I can find on the website is that they will make arrangements for one of the KKC kids on Dyan from GA's behalf.

Right now they have a another campaign for KKC, a couple of GB autographs.
Back to top Go down
ktaylor48239
Boringly Sane
ktaylor48239

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie McMaster: A Brush with Fame   Lisa Marie McMaster: A Brush with Fame Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:38 am

Well, I certainly hope he took some time out while he was here to follow through with his promise. I know he filmed a promo for the cause, but that's not the same thing. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I would think if he did have dinner with one of his kids from KKC, it would have gotten some publicity. And that if he truly cared about the kids and this cause, he wouldn't blow them off while he was here for so long in Detroit. He certainly had enough time to go out and party, let's just hope he took the time and spent one evening with one of these kids.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie McMaster: A Brush with Fame   Lisa Marie McMaster: A Brush with Fame Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:32 pm

I hope so too!
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie McMaster: A Brush with Fame   Lisa Marie McMaster: A Brush with Fame Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:31 pm

Here's the finished clip that Gerry did for Kid's Kicking Cancer. The behind the scenes video is at the link in the first post.

Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie McMaster: A Brush with Fame   Lisa Marie McMaster: A Brush with Fame Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 9:53 pm

It really does sound like such a good cause. Bravo!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie McMaster: A Brush with Fame   Lisa Marie McMaster: A Brush with Fame Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lisa Marie McMaster: A Brush with Fame
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: Gerry Sightings/Latest News-
Jump to: