The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Career Choices

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Career Choices Empty
PostSubject: Career Choices   Career Choices Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:02 pm

It's a bit slow in GLand and a bit slow in KLand at least for the next hour unless someone goes postal or at least criminal here in the next few minutes. So I had this thought....

Looking at the choices GMan has made recently in his career, do you think any of them are due to pressure from the media coverage he gets? The Ralph Fiennes project looks like a smart choice as does MGP.

I don't think that he reads the fan boards or even much of the legitimate media that is written about him. Where would he find the time between his career, travels and alleged FWBs? But I am sure he hears snippets from his people of the diverse views on him including the fans who think he is a sex god to the many haters.

And since I have never really been interested in Hollyweird before, maybe some of you can enlighten me as to how much control an actor has over his or her career and how much his "people" control.
Back to top Go down
Geranimal
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Career Choices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Career Choices   Career Choices Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:39 pm

Good question, K but the thing is, I think when he chose these last two projects, it was before he got the bad press on his choice with TBH. Who knows if either one of those will be a hit though. Just because RF is doing it, it could flop I guess. And as far as MGP, not too many people know about this guy so Ger's PR need to get Oprah or 20/20 or something on it with a little background and documentary history leading up to the movie.

As far as Gerry reading fan boards, I don't think he does either unless when he sitting down with his little iphone or whatever that is, he's lurking around to see what he's up to or if he hears some bad press and wants to see what his fans are saying. I'd me mildly curious myself if I were him but I doubt even at that, he has the time.

I've never had an interest in celebrities before. I think the majority of them are spoiled, overindulged and many undertalented for the attention they get, or have no talent at all (kardashians and hiltons).

I was so hoping that Gerry's stardom would not be based on bad press or his manly good looks but on his acting abilities which I know he has.

I know nothing about how Hollywood works but I'm glad I'm not in the midst of it. For all the money and fame celebrities enjoy, there seems to be an awful downside to it. That's why I would prefer the writing, behind the scenes part of movie making to the acting part if I was in the business. No one recognizes you when you walk down the street.

I think it varies with who is most in control with an actor. If he allows others to take control or is too trusting, that could be bad but some actors may need to have someone else make some of the decisions for them too. It depends on the person.

Ger
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Career Choices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Career Choices   Career Choices Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:57 pm

Is it slow here? I haven't had a moment to visit until now for the day.

I think he chose what he did because the choices were there at the time.

I think every actor has a plan, whether it is to do different things, or do his/her best in some kind of work, or whatever.

I think Gman wants to do variety until he finds something that will give him the career satisfaction.

He's got to do things his fans will want to see, too. Whether or not he reads the boards anymore, I don't know. I would be surprised nowadays as he's busy traveling and club hopping, but he has a lot of time to check his stuff online.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Career Choices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Career Choices   Career Choices Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 12:45 am

Quote :
Is it slow here? I haven't had a moment to visit until now for the day

I was bored this morning so the whole world seemed slow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Career Choices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Career Choices   Career Choices Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Career Choices
Page 1 of 1