The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater! Empty
PostSubject: The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater!   The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater! Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 8:25 am

Roomie 1 and I are going to see it tomorrow night. If it sucks, I owe him the $2 bucks back plus a month's worth of cupcakes.
Back to top Go down
Geranimal
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater!   The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater! Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 12:18 pm

I only saw it the one time and enjoyed it even though it wasn't his best. I know that's not showing my fangurl spirit, however, I'd like to see it again.

K, sounds like he's got you figured out. I'd say pay your own way and you'll owe him nothing.

Ger
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater!   The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater! Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:12 pm

I am glad to hear you liked it. I am going into it with an open mind. And it's only $1. We couldn't rent it for that! And I may end up loving it!

Am I figured out--mostly! Roomie 1 and I have been friends for a long time. As for paying my own way, I think he would be insulted if I did. He is very old-fashioned about that kind of stuff even with women that are just friends and that is okay with me. I go with the flow. But honestly, I like a man to be a man!
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater!   The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater! Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:37 am

I like a man to be a man too, just not in my bathroom!

Ger
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater!   The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater! Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 3:08 am

I thought that movie was pretty bad. I would suggest only spending a dollar, if you are going to pay to see it. I found it slow in parts, and Gerry's accent drove me crazy. I typically like rom-coms, but this one wasn't very good, in my opinion. I saw it for free, and wanted my 90 mins. back. But to each his own. You may like it.

I liked Jennifer's shoes in the movie. So there's that....
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater!   The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater! Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:41 am

The script was rather weak but the concept wasn't bad. Just needed a better writer. And as far as Aniston goes, if she'd grubbied up a bit and gotten out of those shoes, and did a bit more down and dirty stuff, like Kathleen Turner did in Romancing the Stone, it might have been funny. But it seemed like she was too afraid of getting "messed up" and it came off ridiculous.

I didn't think there was any chemistry between the two of them either. No spark like he had with Hiegl even in TUT. Then it was Gerry that had the intensity and not KH. He can turn it on when he wants too like in POTO with ER and during that salsa dance, and also in Dear Frankie. It's in there, just got to get the man in some meatier, serious roles where he can turn on that emotion.

Ger
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater!   The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater! Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 6:41 pm

Well, we are skipping it tonight. I am back home from my day trip and roomie has made up my couch for me and put a stack of movies by the DVD player.
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater!   The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:23 am

You sleep on the couch? I thought it was your house?

Ger
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater!   The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 1:03 am

Geranimal wrote:

I didn't think there was any chemistry between the two of them either.

I totally agree with you. The dinner scene was the only time that they showed any "connection" with each other or really any depth. That was probably the best scene in the movie. Otherwise I had a hard time imagining that they had ever loved each other in the past - especially enough to have gotten married. There wasn't enough depth in either character for me to really care about them one way or another. I didn't care if they got back together or if they killed each other. I found myself bored with both of them - and thus my mind drifted to Jennifer's shoes...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater!   The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 4:44 am

Quote :
You sleep on the couch? I thought it was your house?

Ger

He made up the couch so I would be comfortable lying down and watching movies since I was so tired. I love to lie on the couch but I require pillows from my bed and my favorite blanket. This is the only TV in the house right now since I refuse to have a TV in my bedroom.
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater!   The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 1:56 pm

Sadly, there's a TV in almost every room of this house, except the bathrooms. When I do watch it, it's usually in my bedroom where I have a nice comfy chair. If I lie down, I'll be out like a light!

Dogs occupy the couch most of the time and even if I make them vacate, they jump back up and then vie for my attention so much that I can't enjoy what I'm watching. Gotta love 'em!

The "nice" TV is down in the media room but my DH is also there with his confounded chili pepper flannel pants! I don't think he ever washes them and I'll only handle them with tongs!

Ger
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater!   The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 12:15 pm

We are on our way to catch the early afternoon showing of The Bounty Hunter. In honor of Gerry, the roomie is not shaving his scruff and is wearing what I think is a hideous shirt.

Honestly, if I hadn't seen GB in PSILY I wouldn't even bother. The perils of fandom.
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater!   The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 2:26 pm

Trust me, the "Bounty" is what it is and really it's not Gerry's fault.

Ger
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater!   The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 5:58 pm

Well, well, well. I actually kind of liked the movie. For one thing, I totally decided to ignore Gman's accent. That helped me get through it.

The script could have been better, yes. And I just wish it had been made with someone besides Jennifer Aniston. They sorely lacked chemistry and she hasn't made anything I have liked since "The Good Girl" and Friends with Money."

Jason Sudkieis (sp) was hilarious. And the great Carol Kane was in there---love her!

We didn't just go see a movie, we had an adventure today I will discuss in another thread.

But I was pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater!   The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bounty Hunter is now at the $1 theater!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: Gerry Movies :: The Bounty Hunter-
Jump to: