The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

300 May Go 3D

Go down 
AuthorMessage
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

300 May Go 3D Empty
PostSubject: 300 May Go 3D   300 May Go 3D Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:10 am

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/300-May-Get-A-3D-Re-Release-17685.html

300 May Get A 3D Re-Release
By Josh Tyler: 2010-03-22 22:39:50

300 May Get A 3D Re-Release People rail against remakes and reboots, but if you think that’s lazy, you haven’t seen anything yet. The next step for Hollywood is re-releases, and 3D gives them the perfect excuse to do it.

Director Zack Snyder tells Superherohype that his Spartan battle movie 300 may be converted to 3D and re-released in theaters to earn a few extra dollars. Apparently they’ve already done a ten-minute segment of the film and shown it to him and now they’re talking about doing the whole thing.

There’s a lot of fun to be had in seeing classic movies in a theater, or even soon to be classics. I missed The Matrix in theaters the first time around (I know, what was I thinking) but managed to catch it a few years later during a one night only replay event. Though by then I’d seen it dozens of times on DVD and yes, even VHS, in theaters it was something else entirely. Epic. Classic movies benefit just as much. Monty Python’s Holy Grail is a blast when seen with a big audience and I’ll never forget seeing Excalibur at the old and now sadly dismantled original Alamo Drafthouse in Austin. But to re-release movies just so you can shove them in front of audiences in 3D… I don’t know if I’m on board with that. I guess if any movie lends itself to it, then 300 does. For Snyder’s film, it makes a certain kind of sense. Disney’s already done it with Nightmare Before Christmas, and that was a blast. Let’s just make sure greed doesn’t lead Hollywood to take it too far. Wizard of Oz does not need a 3D re-release.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/

300 May Go 3D
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: Gerry Movies :: 300-
Jump to: