The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD

Go down 
+4
LoneWolf
greyeyegoddess
sami_stardust
Dallas
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD Empty
PostSubject: ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD   ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 6:30 pm

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/162932/Attention-gone-to-Butler-s-head-

MAYBE all the talk about him being the new George Clooney; the brooding bachelor who has left Jennifer Aniston panting for more, has gone to Gerard Butler’s head (rather than the other parts his female fans might prefer).

Certainly the Scottish actor behaved like a prat at the party to celebrate the first night of Love Never Dies, where he joined Sir David Frost and Sir Michael Caine in toasting Andrew Lloyd Webber on his sequel to Phantom of the Opera.

The bearded Butler, left, lost his cool quicker than a sorbet on a sunbed when he was approached by that nice Radio 2 presenter Sarah Kennedy, who was shepherding two listeners who had paid several thousands at a Children In Need auction to join her at the premiere.

“Why should I talk to you?” sneered Butler, giving every impression that he was far too big a star to waste his time with anyone who was not an A-list celebrity.

Poor Miss Kennedy looked most put out, but refused to dwell on her unpleasant encounter when asked about it afterwards.

A witness to the incident explains helpfully: “I think Gerard snapped at her because he thought she was some lowlife reporter.”
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD   ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 7:35 pm

*sighs* Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD   ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 7:43 pm

you know when something like this happens there's always another side of the story...
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD   ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 8:25 pm

yep...there are always two sides to every story. (actually...there are 3!)

the sad thing to me, tho, is we are hearing more and more stories like this.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD   ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 3:41 am

sometimes more side than just three, depending on how many involved...
Back to top Go down
LoneWolf
Boringly Sane

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD   ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 11:29 am

sami_stardust wrote:
yep...there are always two sides to every story. (actually...there are 3!)

the sad thing to me, tho, is we are hearing more and more stories like this.

I have to agree with you Sami..... he has forgotten who he is-a Scotsman for one and some one who is willingly caught up in the crap he said awhile back would not suck him in. (****Tastes like chicken** ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD 551991 ) I have heard and read more to the fact he has become arrogant than the nice guy he was. No one to blame but himself..... he can fire his PR peeps and hire more with common sense and respect.

K... gang, gotta say this. I find JA really hard to believe. One minute you can't find dookie on or about her no movies nadda-zip..... then all this....someone must have a nice collection of knee pads....... what makes me really ill is the pic of her and one of the St Jude's children....give me a break... and the orphanage promise!!!!!! no, she as far as I am concerned is not and never will be a accomplished actress but someone who can really throw a great game... (sorry Don!!!)

Now, for the record... someone help me out here!!??? I also have read and heard (read mostly) that Gerry himself has said "Most of the time I don't remember sayin that") and did he not also say or have said all his female costars are great and fun to work with.... chemistry blah blah....
Miss A$$turd has a ego that has surpassed a average males and it my just be my opinion but she has nothing going for her that you can say she really worked for-(everyone else including Brad has done itall for her). And when I seen the premiere pics....again, in my opinion... in most Gerry really doesn't look that happy....she looks like a hoe (sp please).

Like I said, just my opinion. And if I offend any JA fans sorry but me personally...never liked her-never will. Very phony and hooked on herself... for one-she knows how to get the attention and use it to her benefit...call me old fashioned.... but there are actresses out there who are a helluva lot better and prettier (etc) and they don't stoop to what she has... (the orphanage promise still hangs in my crawl...)

K...I'm done.

Peace.

LW

**Nay: Hey g/f- will be going to Sidney when is the best time season wise? Blah Blah Blah ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD 66831
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD   ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:31 pm

the three sides: your side, my side and the TRUTH! Very Happy

and yes.....been hearing more stories about the big ego in the last few months than make me comfortable. but? as i've not been there to witness it myself, i'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD   ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:01 pm

"K"...good to see you LW and I agree with everything you said in your post. I've said something similiar to that in a previous post and I still stand by that too. I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one seeing things, IMO, for what they really are with JA AND Gerry. I have never seen what all the fuss is about her and never will. And, again, Gerry certainly does needs better PR people, but he also needs better common sense.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD   ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:18 pm

Gerry does seem to like and get along with her, though. Wink

I don't dislike Jen. I can't because I don't know her personally to form that kind of opinion either way about her. I have my opinions about what I see and perceive, but that's all it is ... a perception.

My dislike for the whole thing isn't on a personal level. What has turned me off this past year or so is the over-hype and obvious PR games I'm seeing. I don't know if it's her camp, his camp, the tabloids alone or a combination of more than one, but I don't like it when I think people are trying to play with me, and that's the feeling I get ...that whoever is concocting all of this stuff thinks the general public is too stupid to see otherwise.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LoneWolf
Boringly Sane

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD   ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 11:12 am

DonnaKat wrote:
Gerry does seem to like and get along with her, though. Wink

I don't dislike Jen. I can't because I don't know her personally to form that kind of opinion either way about her. I have my opinions about what I see and perceive, but that's all it is ... a perception.

My dislike for the whole thing isn't on a personal level. What has turned me off this past year or so is the over-hype and obvious PR games I'm seeing. I don't know if it's her camp, his camp, the tabloids alone or a combination of more than one, but I don't like it when I think people are trying to play with me, and that's the feeling I get ...that whoever is concocting all of this stuff thinks the general public is too stupid to see otherwise.

PJ/DK;

Both have good points. And yes, DK your are right, he does seem to appear happy with JA but if you look at the majority you will see what I mean. Just like I said with his other femal co stars.... look at him and Kat Heigl....espically the premiere pics....

As for the like/dislike... I agree... it is all about the PR shtuff... just like with the military.... it takes one word/one person and BOOM!!! you have everyone challenging what is the truth and/or real thing. Bottom line unless you are/were there you may never know the truth. We all know Gerry has changed...who doesn't when it comes to association-who you hang with etc. And like I also said... he has forgotten who he is and needs to get that focus back and then maybe he will take charge-til then it will be those who have done so for sometime.

No, I don't dislike JA-I don't know her... but if I was to go on what I have heard from reliable sources who have met her and what I have read/heard and base my like/dislike on that it would be toward dislike to include no respect. To much has been said toward her that is the exact same thing (in other words, no change in the commentors stories) those remarks is what gets my attention (*wind blowing in the same direction, par say...) Also, something else was pointed out to me.... because I don't have much time to really do anything (when I do I scramble to catch up LOL) so ya'll help me out here..... has she ever done a movie as to where she has "female" friends or are they all about her and some dude in a fling?

K.... I think I covered it all.

Peace.

LW bounce
Back to top Go down
LoneWolf
Boringly Sane

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD   ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 11:20 am

pamelajane wrote:
"K"...good to see you LW and I agree with everything you said in your post. I've said something similiar to that in a previous post and I still stand by that too. I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one seeing things, IMO, for what they really are with JA AND Gerry. I have never seen what all the fuss is about her and never will. And, again, Gerry certainly does needs better PR people, but he also needs better common sense.

Hey PJ;

I stand firm on all I say. One minute nothing... the next..... and though I am not a Brad Pitt fan, I do have more respect for him as a individual. Though he is no saint (who is now a days) he has put it on the table..... he has always wanted kids..... Anniston when asked eons before they got married did not--so time (whatever) yet when it hit the fan.... come on.... and as DK said, he may like Anniston, but I am sure if you were to ask those who met him he comes across as a friendly dude... and like Gabby said "I'd hit that"........ (which gang, BTW watch her "Precious" flick) but again...PR on both sides (no matter whos) can really take things and run with them. As for common sense Rolling Eyes he needs more than that LOL...
(**holding comment-kinda went to the gutter on that one-sorry DK)

Peace everyone.

LW
Back to top Go down
Geranimal
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD   ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:25 am

I saw this rather old thread and felt the need to comment here.

I've seen Gerry always very accommodating and friendly to his fans. He seems, however, to have a healthy distrust for "reporters" and I believe his actions could be attributed to him not being able to know the difference between a good one and a bad one, in other words, a legit or a tabloid and he makes a snap judgement out of ignorance. How would you know unless someone keeps you informed or you get savvy about knowing who to trust? That's a job for your "people" to know that as well and screen and run interference for you when you're a celebrity.

I've heard that Gerry is a loyal employer and he keeps the same people around him because they've become close friends, but Dude, I think sometimes you need to look at doing some "reorganization" and cleaning house when too often you're caught with your foot in your mouth or your "pants down". Someone's failing to do their job.

Gerry seems to operate on a knee jerk reaction. Goosing JA in those picks is probably something innocent between friends and something common for the likes of Gerry. But he shouldn't have done that in a place where there are cameras all over the place. He doesn't think before he acts!

On the other side, he may just be as portrayed in that he can be arrogant and jerky and chauvenistic and borderline breaking the rules of sexual harrassment in the workplace, but he gets away with it because he looks good. Picture a not so attractive actor or producer pulling the crap he does and getting away with it.

It seems maybe the ones around him can't handle him. In that case, he's make his own bed. They may have just thrown their hands up.

It seems most other high profile celebs don't have these issues as much or perhaps they do and we just don't pay it that much attention but everytime someone says something to me about Gerry because they know I'm a fan, it's about something negative they've heard and it makes you wonder who he's got taking care of him.

I've heard that Gerry can be rather shy too in the face of being interviewed and that's why he jokes around alot. Sometimes his "joking" could be misconstrued as being a jerk.

It's sometimes hard to formulate an opinion about things like this when you don't know the person in reality and are relying on what you read, in other words, hearsay.

He probably feels at this point everyone wants a piece of him and that could make anyone grumpy.

Ger

Last edited by Geranimal on Wed May 12, 2010 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD   ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:32 pm

From people who have worked with him, they remain friends if they become friends.

But he has a tendency to go through a lot of assistants. I don't know if that's the thing to do in Hollyweird-see how many assistants you can go through.

I also don't believe that he wants to hide from fans, only because I do believe stories I've been told.

Other than that, I don't know what he wants. I can't tell by his actions, because his words don't work together with his actions. They conflict.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD   ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:39 pm

Maybe he doesn't know what he wants. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD   ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:40 pm

His actions and his "words" conflict because he is, after all, an actor.

I don't think he knows what he wants either. Sometimes it appears he's on a course and then he's all over the place with his "actions". I think he carries a lot of guilt around with him and may not feel he deserves his fame.

Gerry hasn't done anything elicit really. He runs around alot, making out with women and partying. Really there's nothing wrong with it except that I think he's a little old for all the partying. I fear it's going to catch up with him one day.

As long as he does his job to the best of his abilities, what else is there? I think Gerry longs to have someone in his life who is there for him and he can trust but is constantly pulled by the next beautiful face that walks by. He's like a kid in a candy store.

As often as he goes through PA's I would say that's probably pretty common for most actors because they are usually young and aspiring to be something else and they are just basically "gofers" anyway. They just move on to bigger things. They may just want to get their feet wet in show business and it's a place to start. Although it seems Tonya was with him for many years but that was before his life got to the fever pitch it is today.

Ger
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD   ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:35 pm

Really? Is that the definition of an actor? Or of Gman?

Sorry, I know of other actors who do 'practice' what they preach. If they want privacy, they don't go to clubs where razzis are all the time. Nor do they walk down razzi streets to be seen.

In the end, we all probably don't know exactly what we want. We try things out, see what fits and go from there.

As far as I understand, it's human nature to be wanted or needed, so excusing him for his actions doesn't seem valid. Sorry, by his actions, he doesn't seem to want just one person. To me, it shows me that he wants to try out all he can. He wants to live the smorgasbord lifestyle. In my eyes, that's dangerous, but who the heck am I? Just someone with an opinion, just like everyone else has.

I'm not saying everyone should be perfect, or that I expect Gman to be perfect. I just don't feel sorry for him. Maybe if he was 20, I would. Not at this age. There are enough fans to feel sympathetic towards Gman and his persona.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD   ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:41 pm

thanks alice. you said what i've tried to say, but not said very well!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD   ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 2:37 am

DonnaKat wrote:
Maybe he doesn't know what he wants. Wink
And he doesn't know what he doesn't want.
And he doesn't know what he does need.
And he doesn't know what he doesn't need.

Such a conundrum for Senor Butler. Wink
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD   ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:04 am

I would think that anyone who has been aprised of the behavior patterns of the paps would know that one might know those places they favor to hang out but also know that one quick text or phone call can have them in a place in groves when spotting a famous person on the premises. And bartenders, valets, etc., needing a few extra bucks might have the notion to call them.

Standing out on a public street in front of a hot night spot isn't exactly being discreet, IMO. He can't behave like a sex craved teenager anymore. That's the thing that upsets me. The party life is his choice and the thing that worries me about that is it's going start to wear on him eventually.

People who seem to be "searching" constantly do not know what they want or what they're looking for. And Gerry seems to be out withi his radar on all the time. He needs to relax and stop it and the right person will come to him eventually, if in fact that's what he wants but who knows. But I'm beginning to think he can't do it.

I would think that an actor would be the pro at convincing you on the outside of one thing and living another life behind closed doors. It's not the "definition" of an actor but it's one of their skills that they can use to their advantage when necessary.

I think Gerry might also feel that he's being built up by many of his fans in to someone he's not too and may be deliberately trying to reveal his true self now. Just a theory. Thing is, I think it would be beneficial for him to live up a little more to the expectations of his fans.

Like I said, maybe one day he'll have it all out of his system this wild teenager to midlife crisis thing he's got going and stop and smell the roses or the coffee.

Ger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD   ATTENTION GONE TO BUTLER'S HEAD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1