The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Heard on Twitter Part 2

Go down 
+16
ktaylor48239
Fiera
luvthatgerryjuice
kayanne
Geranimal
andrea
LoneWolf
LadyNOLA
Phantom's LadyRose
pamelajane
LegoJulie
greyeyegoddess
DonnaKat
Nay
Dallas
sami_stardust
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:23 pm

maybe the guy ON the flight is texting FROM the flight...before he turned off his phone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Hmmmm, I hadn't thought of that.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:39 pm

Or the guy was using his phone before the flight and talked to this tweeter....

If the tweet is true, I wonder where they are flying out from, as Gerry was reported filming in Montenegro, The article was dated yesterday, so maybe he did leave today fo L.A.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:23 pm

They could have had a stopover at Heathrow or something. I'm not sure how big the airports are in Serbia, Heathrow seems like a big airport. I would imagine lots of European to North America flights stop there.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:31 pm

Heathrow is a big airport and perhaps he flew there from Montenegro (I doubt he flew back to Sebia first). It just seems wierd to connect through London, when you can connect through any major city. It seems out of the way, but what do I know.

Maybe he flew out of Paris...... Razz
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:41 pm

I was just guessing about Heathrow. I'm not sure where the tweeters were from, but I didn't think they sounded like they were from Serbia.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:42 pm

hollaaaa's location on twitter is london
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:09 pm

I saw that. But it's not clear where her friend Liam was flying to LA from. He could be in London or somewhere else.

I just found it wierd to connect through London from Montenegro, (instead of a different city - especially if you were going to LA and not NYC) but who knows? Maybe there's some logical reason....

Completely off topic: I wonder if the volcano is still affecting some flights in Europe?
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:23 pm

it was today, when I watched the morning news...or was that yesterday?
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:24 am

Volcanoes are going to be screwing up air traffic routes for months to come.

British Airways and American Airlines from Belgrade to USA, NYC or LA, have stops at London Heathrow.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 2:12 am

Yes, I know that there are flights from Heathrow to both NYC and LA. I've flown out of that airport back to the US several times. I guess I wasn't clear in my post. I wasn't saying that he couldn't fly to LA through Heathrow. My thought was that there are probably more direct routes to LA connecting through another country instead of flying through London. I can see going through London if he was flying to NYC (since NYC and London are at about the same longitude north). But since he was flying to LA and was in Montenegro (and thus further south) flying up to London first (as opposed to through Paris or some other city) seems like a longer route - especially since LA is so far south. But maybe it isn't odd. There could be many reasons he may have flow to London first - if he did fly out of London back to LA.
But the tweet never specifically said that the flight to LA was out of London. So that is why I commented like I did.

That is probably as clear as mud.....sorry.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 2:51 am

Blame it on the ash clouds. And tornadoes.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 5:55 am

I wonder if this is the project that Billy Boyd tweeted that he was going to Serbia to talk to Gerry about. He could have been refering to Pimp, but that seems to have been completed, unless they were going to meet about promotion etc. But since he said it sounded "exteme" it makes me think that he was talking about this one.

Read from bottom up:

Quote :
In-talks with Actor Paul McGillion playing “Garry Wood” but nothing confirmed. We have also approached Gerard Butler.

is based on the famous Scottish abducton case concerning all three men Garry Wood, Colin Wright and researcher Malcolm Robinson.

Two men set out on a short trip and are confronted by an extraordinary encounter, which throws them in a paranormal nightmare.

Join A70 the movie on facebook https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/A70-THE-OFFICIAL-MOVIE/10150137555670494

And currently in talks with Billy Boyd

Producer & Casting Director Dionne Rose is currently in talks with actor Paul McGillion http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1535960/

ReOver 4000 casting breakdowns were sent too agents and managers in the US and the UK from Dionne Rose for the role on "Garry Wood".

A70 THE OFFICIAL MOVIE WEBSITE IS COMING SOON!

This epic true story, an emotional journey on two Scottish men, how their world is torn apart after confronting an extraordinary encounter.

http://twitter.com/A70THEMOVIE
Back to top Go down
Geranimal
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:25 pm

I wonder if Gerry believes in UFO's? He'd probably be hard pressed if he believes this kind of thing is a bunch of bunk. Then again, if the aliens are all from the planet, Femmbotia, and he finds himself abducted and probed for two hours by an all female civilization searching for just the right male to impregnate them so they may carry on their society, he might just do it! Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 646968

https://www.facebook.com/pages/A70-THE-OFFICIAL-MOVIE/10150137555670494?v=app_2347471856

Ger
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 7:17 pm

I don't have the link handy and I don't want to try to find it, but there was a tweet this morning that said Gerry was in Croatia.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:07 pm

Quote :
Gerard Butler is in Croatia. Welcome here!

http://twitter.com/gagamonster/statuses/13980577487
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:10 pm

Quote :
DRBDionneRose: @nsharon yes....but Paul McGillion really wants this & he has a big sci-fi fan base behind him....

nsharon: @DRBDionneRose @A70THEMOVIE it would be interesting to see Gerard do Sci-fi. Good luck with the film Very Happy

nsharon: @DRBDionneRose Gerard Butler is a great actor, is he interested in the film ?

http://twitter.com/DRBDionneRose

If you notice, that tweeter has a web link to
http://www.drbentertainment.co.uk/

Click on "Films" and then click the "A70 Feature Film" and you can read the synopsis. I can't cut and paste it for you, or I would.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:44 pm

BTW -The A70 road is a major road in Scotland, United Kingdom. It runs a total of 74.3 miles (119.6 km) from Edinburgh to Ayr. It is colloquially known as the "Lang Whang". Much of the road is over elevated desolate moorland, ascending over 1000 feet above sea level several times over its length.

I found this story (video at link):

http://entertainment.stv.tv/tv/128129-scotlands-biggest-ufo-incident-to-hit-the-big-screen/

Scotland’s biggest UFO incident to hit the big screen

Scotland’s biggest UFO incident is being made into a film, depicting the story of two men who claim they were abducted from their car on the A70 road in West Lothian in 1992.

.05 October 2009 18:49 GMT

Scotland’s biggest UFO incident is being made into a film, depicting the story of two men who claim they were abducted from their car on the A70 road in West Lothian in 1992.

Scotland has always been a hotspot for UFO and alien-based activity and now London-based DRB Entertainment is hoping to re-tell the story of Garry Wood and Colin Wright, who claim they were abducted while driving to the village of Tarbrax. Their intended 30 minute journey took an unexpected turn when a disc shaped object hovered above the road in front of them as they drove along the quiet road at 8pm.

In fear, Garry attempted to speed away under the object but as they passed underneath, light from the supposed craft covered the car. Next, they were in total darkness and their next memories were of the car veering all over the road, before Garry brought it under control again.

Gradually, they began to remember snippets of the night, from recalling small creatures surrounding them on the road to being carried on a floating stretcher and operated upon.

“I’m ever so pleased that is going to happen, for the Scottish public to realise they have their own recognisable phenomena in their own backyard.” says paranormal investigator Malcolm Robinson. “We may laugh and joke about this subject, but there is something very, very real and very mysterious ongoing in the skies.”

The A70 incident was a pivotal moment for Malcolm who's new book UFO Case Files of Scotland gives investigative information on various sightings across Scotland.

Previously a sceptic of UFOs and alien activity, Malcolm firmly became a believer after hearing from Garry and Colin about their experiences.

“I was an ardent sceptic,” says Malcolm. “I really didn’t really think there was any validity to these tales of machines flying about the Scottish skies.

“But it is like anything else in life, once you physically get involved in investigating these subjects, then you come off the fence. I found that after a few years of investigation, there’s enough substantial data to validate the people that have been saying these things.”

Malcolm also discusses two other UFO incidents in Scotland, showing pictures of the underside of an unidentified object in Grangemouth in 1991 and at Craigluscar Reservoir in 1994.

Although paranormal activity is heard of across the world, Scotland seems to have a high level of reports of such occurrences, as Malcolm attempts to explain.

“It’s a global phenomenon. They have been sighted all over the world for sure, but Scotland as a nation has been touched by the UFO presence quite substantially.

“These have been investigated and I have checked with the police, the airports, the Met Office and the Ministry of Defence to try and find out if there are any rational explanations to account for these sightings.”

Despite the high number of sightings over the years, mentions of Bonnybridge, Polmont and the A70 incident are almost always met with a wall of scepticism, with many laughing off claims that there could be an extra-terrestrial existence in our universe who want to visit Earth.

Malcolm happily concedes that the vast majority of cases are explainable, but says that there are still a small number that remain mysterious and need to be investigated.

“A vast majority can be explained as Chinese lanterns of our own aircraft viewed in the sky at an unusual angle where the light shines off the fuselage, or birds in flight,” he concedes.

“But it could be that some of these sightings are our own black-budget technology. Stealth aircraft flew in America for 10 years before the military machine put their hands up and said it was theirs. That gave rise to a lot of false UFO reports.

“Nine times out of ten you can explain these sightings. As much as 95% of all UFO reports can easily be explained away. It’s that 5% that is so puzzling to myself and my colleagues all over the world. You have got to try and keep an open mind.”

You can purchase Malcolm's book UFO Case Files of Scotland (Amazing Real Life Alien Encounters) by visiting www.healingsofatlantis.com
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 2:27 am

Driven on that road several times. Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 646968
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 3:18 am

That explains it. You were abducted by aliens!

I know this is a sensitive question, but did they violate you...you know, anally? affraid
You can tell us.
Back to top Go down
andrea

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 4:08 am

Dallas wrote:
That explains it. You were abducted by aliens!

I know this is a sensitive question, but did they violate you...you know, anally? affraid
You can tell us.

what...anlly ...maybe thats why the strange behaviour...hes trying to get.. a perfect match with good gens for a antother planet...test test... lol... rendeer Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 6:25 am

Dallas wrote:
That explains it. You were abducted by aliens! I know this is a sensitive question, but did they violate you...you know, anally? affraid You can tell us.
I cannot lie.

They were searching for intelligent life form and I told them to avoid Texas.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 9:04 am

Oh dear Lord, this thread.... alien
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 9:31 am

Gerry might be in Monaco today for the car races:

Quote :
Gerard Butler's just popped on board for a drink. Cheers!

http://twitter.com/redbullf1spy/

Didn't he take a picture with these Red Bull Racing guys a while back at one of their events? At any rate, if my geography's correct, Monaco would be just a hop, skip and a jump from Croatia. They could probably take that "yacht" of theirs. Wink
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 12:33 pm

Actually, my sister swears she had a "close encounter" one night when she was coming home from work. This was even before the Spielberg movie.

Story is that she was driving along this winding road about two in the morning when she says her headlights flickered and went off and all the power in the car went down, engine, radio, everything. She rolled to a stop in the middle of the road and was worried that someone would come along and hit her from behind. Then she says, a huge shadow passed over her, no sound whatsoever, and went off to the left. She tried too look out and see what it was but it was too dark to tell but what looked like a huge airplane or something passed beyond the trees. She said there was no engine noise, nothing. There is a small airport near there but this was too big to land there. It's just for little planes.

Then she attempted to start her car again and it started and everything worked fine and she drove on home. It was like some sort of power drain. She called our Mother when she got home, scared to death.

After that night, she says she had strange dreams and sinus problems until one day, she blew her nose real hard and an object came out of it, like a shiney piece of rice. She's been trouble free ever since except that she's severly depressed now, which may or may not have anything to do with it. But she claims that when she got the car started again and looked at the clock, it was over an hour later. She doesn't remember anything happening. Strange but true story. She did not report it even though we tried to get her to.

I think it would be an interesting story to tell whether Gerry does it or not.

Ger

Last edited by Geranimal on Sat May 15, 2010 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heard on Twitter Part 2   Heard on Twitter Part 2 - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heard on Twitter Part 2
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next