The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co

Go down 
+3
greyeyegoddess
DonnaKat
Dallas
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Empty
PostSubject: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:04 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00nwvgj

I haven't listened to it yet. But apparently they interview Dayna from GALs on it and the interview with Gerry is fairly long.

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:12 pm

How did Dayna get an interview? scratch
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:16 pm

1) D has connections to connections

2) She also becoming a promoter

3) Her site has been pinpointed in quite a few articles in Scotland

4) She has/had connections to studios

5) She knew the old assistant

6) Someone got it for her

did I miss anything...legal?
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:17 pm

All I see is the struggle between ga;s and nut, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Hmmm, dunno...all I know is I'm not in the circle, and probably never will be. But I guess it's just as well, we can kinda fly under the radar here and just enjoy ourselves because we're not being "watched" so much...if you know what I mean. And even if we are, who cares? I'm pretty much beyond caring what the other sites think of us. We got a good thing here, and we're not trying to compete...so there isn't the catty bickering that you get with some other sites. Wink

I got to know Tamara through Twitter. I like her, she seems like a nice down to earth woman...and has not given me any reason thus far to think otherwise. She has been more than accommodating and nice to me, and personally I have no complaints. Smile

I think the split between .net and the .net forum is a good thing. That way, Gerry's people can filter things thru there and not have to worry about the "forums" getting a jealous bug up their arses. Laughing
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:25 pm

That's why I like it here. Very Happy

T can be nice but don't do anything to cross her...just a warning-you'll get all the blame.
I think she's never done anything to me personally...well, wait...
But it's been through my good friends that have seen the claws come out.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:28 pm

Well, I've already pretty much been put thru the wringer with a lot of Gerry's fans....on other Gerry sites, gossip sites, Twitter....my reputation is pretty much mud with these people, no matter what I do. People are going to believe what they want to believe, no matter what the truth is. I guess that's why it's good to have other interests and friends outside of this "fandom". It keeps things in perspective and helps keeps one grounded.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:33 pm

Go for you.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 3:31 pm

More discrimination! I can't listen to this radio interview dammit.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 8:25 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
How did Dayna get an interview? scratch

It appears that it is probably because of the Vegas conventions, which lead to her as the website owner of GALs. I really don't think it's anything else. No GALs vs. dotnet vs. any other site. JMO.

(BTW, I seemed to slide in a few barbs towards Dayna and GALs. I wonder if she wished she had skipped that interview, in hindsight.)
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 1:34 am

I wasn't saying that the interview was about the forums versus each other...just all this win a date, specific interviews, etc...to me it seems that they are, as always, trying to outdo each other, for the sake of their own...

when in my opinion, everyone should be working towards the same goal...again, that's just me.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 1:53 am

Isn't the goal in fandom to become a personal friend of the object?
Back to top Go down
jherriot
Boringly Sane
jherriot

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 2:19 am

And here I thought that the goal of fandom is to marry the object and live happily ever after in Scotland with 10 little Gerrys running around and drinking tea with Mother Margret (I don't even know how to spell her name! What kind of fan am I? No )
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 7:58 am

I'm a fan of the Cardinals, but I'm not sure I want to become a personal friend of every player on the team. Imagine cooking for all of those guys. Wink
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:55 am

The Cards will bbq for you!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 12:45 pm

jherriot wrote:
And here I thought that the goal of fandom is to marry the object and live happily ever after in Scotland with 10 little Gerrys running around and drinking tea with Mother Margret (I don't even know how to spell her name! What kind of fan am I? No )

Ding! Ding! We have a winner! (Except you made a spelling mistake on her name, Julia) Laughing

So glad you are feeling happy here.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:00 pm

i used to get along with T really well. nothing really happened to make that not so anymore. all i know is that when gb.net was a baby site....i was one of thier first monetary contributors, and sent xmas cards every year. thought i had a pretty good relationship with them but because i didn't talk on the forum all the time, i got shoved to the side and totally ignored..... treated like i was invisible. i guess that's my fault for not wanting to be in the mix with all the fans that keep up with kind of gum gerry chews. and people wonder why i have a cynical attitude about fans in general.........
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 4:59 pm

gads, Sami...

Your story is not surprisingly different, though. It was freakin' hard to make friends there, unless you had something no one else had, and even then, you could be pushed aside.

I was one of two people who recorded video from the big Leno event and had allowed .net to use it. Yet it took a YEAR before the big wigs even noticed. I put all the videos out there, wrote all the time about it, and nothing. I had more video than the other person did, and caught many fans who didn't have any pictures of themselves and Gman.

And yet still...

I video all the time.

But I shrugged that off and went elsewhere. I don't think I have a bad relationship with T, just not a good one. But when all your close associations get hit with the same anvil, it makes one think.

Anyways...this was supposed to be about Gman's interview.

Some good stuff to use for my assignment.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 5:10 pm

Nay wrote:
jherriot wrote:

Ding! Ding! We have a winner! (Except you made a spelling mistake on her name, Julia) Laughing

So glad you are feeling happy here.

Ah, the ultimate 'Butler did it' prize.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:24 pm

i remember all your videos alice!!! it was appreciated by me! guess i should have spoken up on the forum and said so.

i have another friend who did alot of the transcripts of the tv interviews back in the day. they weren't appreciated either, so she stopped, and they are really missed by many...especially one lady on my group who is deaf.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:44 pm

You know, I think that's one of the downsides of getting too "big"....things become a lot more impersonal. It might not even be so much that it's intentional, but given the sheer size of it, it's to be expected.

Even with the small forum that we have, sometimes I feel as if I don't give enough to all of you. I try my best, but it just gets overwhelming sometimes. And when things get hectic, I have to step back and prioritize. And unfortunately, sometimes that means I miss a few PM's, posts, etc...or don't get back with you right away. And then there's the burnout....I'm so far behind on so many things..... Embarassed

And yes I know we're off topic. Wink
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:30 am

Thanks Sami.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:47 am

getting too big can definitely be challenging. still....some of the actions are uncalled for. i dunno. i think i'm just gonna shut up now. it's too personal for me.

and you are welcome alice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jherriot
Boringly Sane
jherriot

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:10 am

DK you are doing a great job! Keeping this site on top of things and running has to be a tough job!
@ Nay and greyeyegoddess: I want to thank the academy for my ultimate the Butler did it award!
P.S: I'm officially and totally off topic but I'm fighting the aftermath of my birthday party, so please forgive me!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:00 am

Thanks JH! And Sami, you don't need to shut up, I didn't mean it that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co   Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co
Page 1 of 1