The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello from Austria!

Go down 
+3
Nay
LegoJulie
jherriot
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jherriot
Boringly Sane
jherriot

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Hello from Austria! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Austria!   Hello from Austria! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:06 am

Hello Hello from Austria! 47475 !
I'm jherriot and my real name is Julia. I'm living and working in Vienna, the beautiful capital city of Austria. As a veterinarian cat I have to work looong hours and have hardly any spare time. So my social life is basically in stasis but I hope that this will change as soon as my internship is over!
I first noticed GB when my little brother forced me to watch 300 (if he had told me, that the movie was mainly about a bunch of well trained guys jumping around in leather underwear well there would have been no need to force me!)
At the moment I can't think of anything else to tell but I want to apologize for my bad English, being constantly tired makes it difficult to communicate in a foreign language! Hello from Austria! 473746

Bye for now, jh
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Austria!   Hello from Austria! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:14 am

You English is excellent. My German is pretty much limited to achtung, danke, gesundheit, and sch**se.

You meet lots of cute pet owners. Some of them must be available.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Austria!   Hello from Austria! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 12:12 pm

Hello and welcome, Julia. My mother and sister have both visited Vienna and have told me that it is truly beautiful city. I must admit I envy anyone who lives somewhere surrounded with exquisite architecture and music.

Now as to studying veterinary science ... Did Donna explain that free pet consultations were part of the Membership agreement you signed? Hello from Austria! 646968 Only kidding! Not really.

PS. Your English is sharp.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Austria!   Hello from Austria! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:07 pm

Welcome Julia!

Ah, Vienna is a beautiful city from what I've seen and heard. How very lucky to live and study in such an inspiring city.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Austria!   Hello from Austria! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 7:20 pm

Welcome, Julia! Don't worry, your English is very good. It must be fun doing your internship in an exciting city. I've never been to Vienna, but it sounds like some place I'd like to go. I would love to travel the world!

Make yourself at home here!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Austria!   Hello from Austria! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 8:51 pm

Welcome Julia! It's nice to see you delurk so soon and introduce yourself.

I hope you have a fun time here. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
jherriot
Boringly Sane
jherriot

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Austria!   Hello from Austria! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:26 am

Thanks for the nice welcome! Don't be surprised if I can't answer to your posts immediately. Due to the time difference and my working hours I will probably never be online when the rest of the pantry is Crying or Very sad But I will check in and answer as often as I can!

@LegoJulie: It seems to me that all the cute pet owners are either going to other clinics, are married or gay! Or they bring there animals when I'm awake for 48 hours and look like a creepy zombie
affraid !
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Austria!   Hello from Austria! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:01 pm

Welcome, Julie. My parents just loved visiting Vienna. I'm not sure if it still happens, but when they went in the 1970's, there was a park where a band played Strauss waltzes and people could dance right there in the park. My parents danced away in Vienna!
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Austria!   Hello from Austria! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:08 pm

That sounds so fun, PJ!
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Austria!   Hello from Austria! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:21 pm

They loved it so much, Emily. It was always one of their favorite things to do, while in Vienna. Everytime I have an occassion to hear a Strauss waltz, I picture them dancing, even though I was never there with them.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Austria!   Hello from Austria! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:57 pm

How utterly romantic, PJ, just to break into a waltz together.
Back to top Go down
jherriot
Boringly Sane
jherriot

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Austria!   Hello from Austria! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 2:09 am

We still have the park, band and waltz thing going on here! I think some things never change and the Austrian people are very proud of their history and traditions.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Austria!   Hello from Austria! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:16 pm

It's nice to know they still do that, Julia. Maybe I will get to dance there someday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Austria!   Hello from Austria! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Austria!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Pantry Member Stuff :: Introductions :: Tell Us About You-
Jump to: