The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Phantom's Love Never Dies to Debut in 2010?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Phantom's Love Never Dies to Debut in 2010? Empty
PostSubject: Phantom's Love Never Dies to Debut in 2010?   Phantom's Love Never Dies to Debut in 2010? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 9:08 am

This was posted on GBdotnet, not by the mods, mind you, but by one of the fans, whom I happen to trust. I don't know who her source is.

Love Never Dies will have its world premiere in London in the early part of 2010. It is belived performances will begin in Mar 2010 at London's Adelphi Theatre. Further details of the World premiere production will be announced on 8 Oct 2009.

With this latest statement by Lloyd Webber, it is now expected for the musical to bow on Broadway in Nov 2010, though no definate dates were provided by the composer during his surprise announcement.

For Broadway fans eagerly awaiting an opportunity to see the new production it is still too early to pencil the date into their diaries, for that we still have to wait for an official announcement.

A report last year in The New York Post said the musical will be "Set in 1906 in Coney Island. The Phantom, having fled Paris, is running a freak show. At night, he crawls into his lair" (where he is kept company by an) "automaton that looks like Christine.

Christine, meanwhile, has become a famous opera singer. But she's fallen on hard times because her husband, Raoul, has squandered their fortune. So she's accepted a high-paying gig from a mysterious impresario to open a new amusement park. On her first night in New York, she draws back the curtain in her hotel suite and comes face to face with her new employer - flash of lightning, crash of chords - the Phantom!

Christine has a child, Gustave, but is his father Raoul or the Phantom?
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Phantom's Love Never Dies to Debut in 2010?   Phantom's Love Never Dies to Debut in 2010? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:21 am

I didn't realize the Phantom humped Christine.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Phantom's Love Never Dies to Debut in 2010?   Phantom's Love Never Dies to Debut in 2010? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 2:11 pm

Thanks for posting this, PJ!

I have to admit, as much as I love POTO, I sincerely hope they're not going to jump the shark with this. The premise seems good, but an automaton? That's a bit....odd....especially given that it's early 20th century. I know the Phantom was supposed to be a "genius" and all, but robotics? scratch

I wonder who will be playing the Phantom this time. I doubt Gerry would sign on to it. I heard a while back that John Barroman was in the running for POTO - not the movie, but on broadway.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Phantom's Love Never Dies to Debut in 2010?   Phantom's Love Never Dies to Debut in 2010? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 2:15 pm

That would be interesting DK.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Phantom's Love Never Dies to Debut in 2010?   Phantom's Love Never Dies to Debut in 2010? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:38 pm

We've had very complex automata or clockwork or mechanical figures since the 13th, 14th century.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Phantom's Love Never Dies to Debut in 2010?   Phantom's Love Never Dies to Debut in 2010? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 12:34 pm

I'm a little creeped out that Gustave might be the Phantom's son. I thought the Phantom sang...."has also denied me the joys of the flesh"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phantom's Love Never Dies to Debut in 2010?   Phantom's Love Never Dies to Debut in 2010? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phantom's Love Never Dies to Debut in 2010?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: I Heard it Through the Grapevine...Unofficial Stuff-
Jump to: