The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interview with Gerard Butler for The Ugly Truth

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Interview with Gerard Butler for The Ugly Truth Empty
PostSubject: Interview with Gerard Butler for The Ugly Truth   Interview with Gerard Butler for The Ugly Truth Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:50 pm

http://www.movies.ie/interviews/Interview_with_Gerard_Butler_for_The_Ugly_Truth_

From action hero to sensitive soul, Gerard Butller tells Movies.ie The Ugly Truth

Action hero one moment, sensitive rom-com lead the next, Gerard Butler's ability to jump from muscle man to sensitive soul has made him one of Hollywood's most bankable stars. Here, Butler chats about his latest venture into the world of the rom-com in "The Ugly Truth", working with Kathy Heigl and his work on 300.

Q: You had big roles in ‘Phantom of the Opera' and ‘Dracula' but it was ‘300' that really made your name in Hollywood. What was it like to finally make that breakthrough?

GB: "Well, it certainly wasn't just another day in the office but initially
it wasn't this massive sense of achievement. It was very hard to come to
terms with because ‘300' didn't just do well. It was a phenomenon in a way. I didn't know how to deal with that. It was only a few months later when things started to settle in and I got used to how it effected my life that I managed to get something positive from it."

Q: Do you still do the ‘300' workout now?

GB: "(Laughs) No, I could never keep that up."

Q: You've become known as quite a macho man through your movies.

GB: "I don't think I am. I think if you watch thinks like Nim's Island you
see that I'm actually exceptionally geeky. I try and play roles that are
vulnerable, lost or crazy. It's just maybe the macho ones I've played have
been more memorable movies."

Q: So you wouldn't describe yourself as macho then?

GB: "No. I think there's many different sides to me. I try to embrace all of them. There is a macho element to me, but I also have my feminine side and my vulnerable side. I'm just like everybody. I'm not just one thing."

Q: You seem to strip off a lot in your movies. Is that because you like to
show off those muscles?

GB: "(Laughs) Trust me if I could leave my clothes on in a movie I'd rather
do that any time. But if I'm going to get undressed I'm going to do it as
well as I can. Whenever I hear people say that's sexy for the few people
that say that I think are you insane!"

Q: Tell us about your character in new movie ‘The Ugly Truth'?

GB: "He's the kind of person that guys would love and women would hate. So he's running this whole show about relationships, men, women, sex and what men should do to get more sex to get the kind of relationship they want. And he think he knows what women have to do also."

Q: So what is your trick to being a hit with the ladies?

GB: "I, in my limited life experience, have found that so often the best situations come out of nothing rather than having to dress the whole thing up. You're not really trusting what goes on between two people. Some people might say, 'We'd go on a helicopter ride here and stop at a fancy restaurant.' This is why I'm single. There's a scene in So I Married An Axe Murderer, when Mike Myers is out with this girl, and they're just walking around. They're making use of the things they come across - statues, park benches - and they're dancing about. To me, I have had the best times when I'm just walking about somewhere, whether it be the streets of Paris or New York. I live in New York now, if I were to go on a date, to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and see things and make fun of things and come across the strange things that you come across that, to be honest, you don't find when you're sitting in a restaurant or something. That would be great for me. But like I say, that's why I'm still single."

Q: How was working with Katherine Heigl?

GB: "She's incredible. She has so many great ideas. I've learned a lot from Katie especially about comedy. I understand now about keeping it real but at the same time getting as much out of it as you can. She's a joy to work with and we have great chemistry together.

Q: What was the biggest challenge in making a movie like ‘The Ugly Truth'?

GB: "Probably just the dialogue. I have never had even a tenth of the dialogue I have to say in this movie. I never shut up! I have opinions about everything. I have a smart line for every situation. There were days where I had pages and pages of lines, and it's quick-fire delivery, so it was an interesting experience for me."

Q: Do you miss Scotland now you are based in the States so much of the time?

GB: "I do. I miss two things mainly; The people and the countryside. It's such a beautiful country. It's therapy when I go back there. Everything relaxes me - the people and the humour - when I'm there. I was with a friend from Scotland in New York and my sides were splitting. Just the way he was saying things I thought I was going to literally p*** myself listening to him. I miss that about Scotland; the sense of humour and sharpness that you share with your buddies."

Q: What is your all-time favourite movie?

GB: "Apocalypse Now. But even films that I love and blow me away, for some reasons, I don't ever watch them again. That's a weirdness I have. But Apocalypse Now is the exception. I think I've seen that about 17 times. I can just put it on and watch it. It's visual. It's stimulating. It makes me think. There are certain things you can't explain. I love that film."
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Gerard Butler for The Ugly Truth   Interview with Gerard Butler for The Ugly Truth Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:19 pm

This is either another 'cut & paste' from older interviews or a newer interview with his standard answers.

Which do you think?
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Gerard Butler for The Ugly Truth   Interview with Gerard Butler for The Ugly Truth Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:43 pm

It's a cut and paste. The only thing that seemed "new" to me was the question about Katherine Heigl - and it could be that I just don't remember hearing it before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Gerard Butler for The Ugly Truth   Interview with Gerard Butler for The Ugly Truth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1