The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Legend of the Seeker

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Legend of the Seeker Empty
PostSubject: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 6:06 pm

I'm shallow at times.

The only reason I stayed to watch this show, after flipping channels was because of scenes like this:

Legend of the Seeker Lftscr10

I do like the fact that a lot of our old Herc and Xena actors are on the show.

So I've been watching since, as a guilty pleasure.

Michael Hurst will be on one of the new episodes. YAY!
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
GerrysJewel
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
GerrysJewel

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 6:30 pm

I am SOOOO hooked on this show, I love it!!!! And of course, he is not bad on the eyes either. Glad to know someone else on the board watches it.

I was also a big fan of the Herk and Xena shows and realized that Seeker is also made by the same producers and recognized the actors - and yes, Michael Hurst. Caught that episode a few weeks ago. I am waiting for Lucy Lawless to make an appearance.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:08 pm

oh, I missed it...darn.

Well, we'll have to talk!
Back to top Go down
GerrysJewel
GerrysJewel

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:17 pm

The episode is called "Revenant". Richard and gang come up against the former Seeker's ghost. Michael Hurst played the Wizard of the First Order to the former Seeker and that part of the story is told in flashback. This was one of my fav eps. Maybe they will show it in reruns soon. It was way cool to see him in an episode.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 pm

It looks like you can watch it on Hulu.com.

http://www.hulu.com/videos/search?query=Legend+of+the+Seeker

I don't know if this happens in your area, but the show plays like 6 times over the weekend, except I swear, before last weekend, I was watching the same three episodes over and over.

Yeah, it would be cool if Lucy was on an episode.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:56 pm

The reason I posted this here and not ot somewhere, because I really think the lead actor is hot! There's some major chemistry between the lead actor and actress, and I love that kind of tension.

What's sad is I don't even know the guy's name... No and really haven't looked him up.
Back to top Go down
GerrysJewel
GerrysJewel

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:16 pm

I believe his name is Craig Horner. - Yes he is hot.

I also like the sexual tension between them two as well. There is a particular strength and draw when there is forbidden love.....Felt that with Aragorn and Arwen in Lord of the Rings and it is so powerful.

I can't wait for the seaon cliff hanger as they are showing a lot of repeats in my area as well. It should be coming up very soon. I dont think I've seen it already. I better check the offical website.
Back to top Go down
Helena
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor
Helena

Number of posts : 485

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:35 pm

I've been watching the series online!
It's soooooooo good!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lenapapadam
Helena
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor
Helena

Number of posts : 485

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:36 pm

My bfriend has read the books.
Yes, love the sexual tension.
They can't sleep together though, and no they are not related.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lenapapadam
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:19 pm

Oh, I'm glad you are on board, Helena...

I'll have to catch up on the episodes I've missed.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:55 pm

Omigosh, the latest episode, Mirror, is the funniest they've done. I was cackling...
Back to top Go down
GerrysJewel
GerrysJewel

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 5:59 pm

OMG! Me too!! I've watched it twice already -- I DVR it every week.

Love the part where Richard (not the real Richard, but the thief in disguise) says something about how the real Richard's body got all hard and rippled muscles from fighting against the Daharans (sp?). He says, he may have the body, but he (the thief in disguise) doesn't have the talent. LOVED the way Craig Horner delivered that line. Cracked me up!

I know this proly doesn't make sense unless you've seen the ep.....but it really resembled the campiness of the old Herk and Xena shows.

And at the end of the ep, the Wizard who was really the barmaid in disguise........ Legend of the Seeker 646968 Legend of the Seeker 646968 Legend of the Seeker 646968 Legend of the Seeker 646968
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 6:56 pm

I really need to start watching this. I absolutely loved the old Hercules and Xena shows.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
GerrysJewel
GerrysJewel

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 9:14 pm

You know, I stumbled upon this show while channel surfing, looking for something to watch on a wintery Sunday afternoon. By the second show I watched I realized I recognized some actors and the names of the producers and writers from the Herk/Xena world. So I gave it a chance. Then by the fifth epsiode, I couldn't wait for the weekend to watch it again and I knew then I had really gotten into it.

I am a big fan of the Fantasy action/adventure genre (why I loved Herk/Xena). I got into BBC America's Robin Hood - but that series is never on. But I was not as taken with RH as I am with Legend of the Seeker. The writing is good and the acting is good and I like all three principle actors and their characters. I hope this series is on for awhile. I really miss these kinds of shows because the ones that attempt it, are rarely good enough or have chemistry to hold my attention. If the writers/producers put what they had in Herk/Xena into this, I am very happy.... albino

Now I am anxiously awaiting for June for NBC to begin airing "Merlin" - a new BBC America series on the early Arthurian Legend. Somehow, the US is the last to get this series to air it. It hasn't even shown here yet and other countries have seen the whole season already. GRrrrrr.......
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 9:19 pm

GerrysJewel wrote:
Love the part where Richard (not the real Richard, but the thief in disguise) says something about how the real Richard's body got all hard and rippled muscles from fighting against the Daharans (sp?). He says, he may have the body, but he (the thief in disguise) doesn't have the talent. LOVED the way Craig Horner delivered that line. Cracked me up! Legend of the Seeker 646968 Legend of the Seeker 646968 Legend of the Seeker 646968 Legend of the Seeker 646968

He really did a great job delivering those lines. Who knew they could be so funny? It caught me off guard, because the show is serious, but similar to Herc/Xena.

It took me a while to want to watch the show, but now, I look forward to the show all weekend. The Puppeteer played all weekend-very cute. There are 4 different channels that play the show several times in my area. But the new episodes are only played one time, Sunday evening. Fox, WGN, and their affiliates have the program.

I really have to catch up though. I missed Ted Raimi's appearance.

There were some hot scenes in this week's episode, too.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 9:27 pm

ok, watched the new episode today. I kind of felt like I was watching a low budget monster movie. Intense though, with twists and turns.

And Danielle McCormick was back, although not digging the wig.

I kept saying, "Where's Zedd?! Where's the wizard?!"

Will watch again...yum!
Back to top Go down
GerrysJewel
GerrysJewel

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:40 pm

WGN played "Mirrors" again this afternoon and still enjoyed it for the third or fourth time. My TiVo didn't record tonight's episode on my local station so I only caught the last 18 minutes....BLAST. I am hoping that the local station will re-run it tomorrow afternoon.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:00 pm

yeah, watched Mirrors again today..twice...lol! It was too funny. I missed a few scenes here and there, so it's nice to see the episode again.
Back to top Go down
GerrysJewel
GerrysJewel

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:34 pm

Well, I was wrong - the local station played "Mirrors" again today. LOL 6th time I think. But I still enjoyed it. They did preview that next week they'll show the one with monster episode that I had missed.

I have to say, though, that the actress who plays the Confessor did a great job in the Mirror episode as well. Well, I gotta wait another week....LOL
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:37 pm

It is fun to watch over and over again. It's probably going to be a fan favorite.
Back to top Go down
GerrysJewel
GerrysJewel

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:48 pm

I really like the "serious" episodes, but it will be cool if they intersperse those with some campy ones like they did with Xena. The actors have proven they can handle both.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:57 pm

Yes, I completely agree. I enjoy the variety of talent in acting and I always find that the actors in these kinds of shows are worth more than they are probably getting paid for. Hopefully, they will have the opportunity to prove themselves in something else, when the show has it's final run, and I will watch.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 4:33 pm

Hope you had a chance to see last week's episode, GJ. The new one should be on soon here.
Back to top Go down
GerrysJewel
GerrysJewel

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:00 am

Hey, GEG~

Last night's ep on my local station was a new one about an artist who could paint people into a painting. It was different, cute. Made me think that the writer of the episode was a big fan of the hit XBOX 360 game named "Oblivion" - as I am hopelessly addicted to myself. One of the "quests" on Oblivion was that your hero had to "go into" a painting to rescue the artist. LOL

The episode I missed last week (with the monster) will air today at 3PM Eastern. Got my TiVo ready to go!
Back to top Go down
dreamer
dreamer

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 1:01 pm

I watched this show for the first time last night. I liked it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legend of the Seeker   Legend of the Seeker Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Legend of the Seeker
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next